1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation Move

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, Vegata9001 is apparently male. So it's theoretically possible that my brother is him. I highly doubt it though.
    I know how verification emails work, Sree. But I don't see anything that shows that this guy's verification email is stevejobsfan@yahoo.com. It could just be a display email : in case you did't know, most forums allow you to put up a fake display email.

2. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Question I want answered... does it come with vibration. Aside from the dildo jokes that will track 1:1 fapping, I just want to know if there will be any feedback from the device other than the light changes.

It would be nice if we are swinging a sword in game and the swords clang a strong vibe might activate.

3. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Also would add an entirely new reason for your girlfriend to play.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yea!... wait... wut? Faaag! D:

6. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

So, I've played a few more games recently with the move, and had some interesting thoughts.

1:MAG

To put it eloquently;

OMFG DOES THIS SHIT SUCK. Who fucking thought this was a good idea? I haven't tried this game with any extensions, but trying to play with just the wand and nav controller is an exercise in pain. The controller is way too sensitive, and simply does not work right.

It's hard to describe, it feels like a hybrid of an onrails light gun game, and an FPS. However there's a reason these games were on rails-because you can't play right with motion based combat. Here's the thing:In most fps games, the aiming cursor is pretty much locked to the middle of the screen, and you move your whole viewpoint around with an analogue stick.

Here, the aiming cursor MOVES where you point the wand. Not only that, but to pan side to side, or up & down, you need go aim the cursor off screen in that direction! Meaning you have to get used to panning in a completely unorthodox way, all the while trying to aim correctly.

Now only this, but you need a GIANT TV for this to feel even slightly intuitive. I've tried playing on both my 32 inch LCDTV, and my 56 inch, and neither felt large enough to truly aim right. It always felt like I was going off screen too much, or not enough.

The move might work with the right extensions to help steady aim, and a locked cursor view, but for now MAG really fucked this up.

2: Tumble

This game is really a great example of the technology, all the while being very fun. You're required to either build towers, or objects, or blow things up with mines-all the while interacting with virtual 3D space. It sounds kind of weird, but it really is just so, damn, fun. It's hard to imagine it working, but it does. After a few minutes, you feel like you're in the game, it's pretty amazing.

Gonna try Ruse soon. I mostly play starcraft 2 to get my real time strategy fix, but maybe Ruse will convince me that consoles can do it right.

7. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I've played Kinect at the Microsoft store many a time (does a more glorious store exist?!?!), and I think it's kinda cool. Not something I would necessarily go out and buy immediately, but after the price depreciates, it'd be something fun for my little stepbrother and I to play together without me wanting to strangle the little brat because of his inability to press the fucking right buttons.

I have no experience with the Move, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the Kinect. Although I'm playing it on a massive TV, which tends to increase the pleasure of playing. Just my two cents.

Edit: Also...Sree and Schro: lol. Just lol. XD

8. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Also just need to comment-the space needed to use this (and any other motion controller besides the Wii) is ridiculous. I can't play it in my room (which I prefer because I share the house with my girl and another roommate who aren't careful when drunk), so I have to take it into the living room.

I dragged it out and set it up earlier the other day to screw around a bit. This was the result.

I couldn't get her to stay off the damn thing =/.

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I died when I saw this. Cute pix thread :3