1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Grindelwald in this story is just awesome. I hope we will see more of him.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why would Grindelwald need to be Hannibal Lector? He's awesome and creepy as it is.

3. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Anything can happen. Though I'd bet my money on Grindelwald remaining solely in this interlude (or other interludes if that may be the case).
    I just don't see him being an important part of the story unless its in mention. We already have enough as it is.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Brilliant update, I thought Gridewald was done exceptionally well and he definetly needs to play a bigger role in the story, I was actually disappointed that he didn't somehow escape.

5. Tellie571

Tellie571 First Year

Fuck someone called it before I did.:facepalm

Ah well I agree that that Grindelwald will show up or even break out in future chapters. Keep up the good work Santi.

6. Hue City Ranger

Hue City Ranger First Year DLP Supporter

Perhaps Harry will make a further discovery concerning broken enchantments that will allow Grindelwald to break out.

7. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

That would be hilariously fitting, everything considered, and also awesome.

"Wait, there's a flaw in my prison, but no one other than me knows how the prison really works so the guards don't know it yet."

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

^ My thoughts as I read that part. It can't be the greatest red herring ever, because it's too long for that. Also, because I say so :mrgreen:

Grindelwald is cooler than Voldemort, dammit.

9. gbbz

gbbz Professor

He's a bald, toothless old geezer who lost to Dumbles while wielding the most powerful wand ever. Despite his cool and suitably impressing conduct he's still a has-been whose only purpose left in life is to die.

Nah, he won't break out. Not with those impressive (considering no one has broken them and they've been there since the 40s) wards keeping him in.

RIP Gellert; Harry will carry your torch now.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I don't know if it will happen in this fic, but Harry mentored by Grindelwald versus Nathan mentored by Dumbledore has a lot of potential. It can be done without them actually fighting. Just showing differences in philosophy and how they deal with DE.

11. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Unless something in the magazine (Harry's discovery?) somehow reveals a new vulnerability in the wards that he can use to escape. That... would be interesting.

I don't think it's likely, though.

12. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

Personally, I've always thought (since reading about the Elder Wand) that there was something more to the whole Dumbledore/Grindelwald duel than just a simple fight. A has-been or not, Grindelwald is powerful. Not every wielder of the Elder Wand has gotten to be famous or great, and AFAIK none were beaten in a straight duel. The first wielder had his throat slit in his sleep, after all.

This is either a plot hole of gaping hugeness because Rowling didn't plan out the plot of the books from the start, or there was... Something more to the whole thing. There were apparently witnesses to the duel [source: Philosopher's Stone] but who's to say they saw all of it?

And this matters... How? Azkaban is at least a hundred years old, IIRC about some fluff about Death's Doorway in the Department of Mysteries, which mentions that being thrown through the gate was more common than being sent to Azkaban.

And, during all this time, no one ever broke out of Azkaban.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  13. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

This makes him even better as a dark wizard; who's ever heard of a pretty Dark magic user? Shit would wreck them up anyway.

Anyway, the only thing I disliked was that it was mentioned that Grindelwald was a dark lord. No thank you, everyone since ever refers to him as a dark wizard.

14. gbbz

gbbz Professor

JKR's books are a "plot hole of gaping hugeness". Seriously, her books should be included in creative writing classes as mandatory study material (anyone remember the original version of V's resurrection scene in GoF?). That said I want to agree with EinStern, but still one thing comes to mind ... Draco Fucking Malfoy ... was the owner of the Wand ... by means of Expelliarmus (according to Rowling, I never bought that shit, as far as I'm concerned most of the stuff written in book seven was speculation and HP deflected Voldemort's AK through some greater freaking awesome cool unmentioned power).

I always thought Azkaban was inescapable due to Dementor presence. Cool, immortal creatures but, as almost everything in JKR's world, plotholy.

Anyway we will see what will happen next. I just hope Voldemort won't become a pushover cursing minions from his high throne (for god's sake who in their right mind punishes the servants for living... positive reinforcement people).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Mistake?

And was that a jab at Ryker Academy from "A Shadowed Soul" right there?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  16. Cappadocian

Cappadocian Fifth Year

No the flairgold series, which a shadowed soul ripped off for the most part, IIRC.

EDIT: at least for the super school thing.

17. BF1110C4

BF1110C4 Squib

I was refering to the fact that Hanibal Lecter can and has manipulated both the forcel of good and evil from behind his bars. I fully agree that his golden age is already gone, but to be able to manipulate someone like Harry and turn him against both Dumbledore and Voldemort, would make a fitting revenge to his former friend and to the upstart that claims to be the most fearsome Dark Lord without doing the amazing feats of magic and leadership he did on his era.

18. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I could see Harry having an ideological rift with Dumbledore, but don't forget that they've shared a somewhat close personal relationship throughout Harry's life. I don't see any "I must strike down the evil old manipulator!" scenes in Harry's future.

19. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Until the next time they pull him out of the cell for some dumbass reason and wtf!pwns the lot of them in the time it takes to blink.

20. BF1110C4

BF1110C4 Squib

Not evil old manipulator, but let Harry experiment with the same kind of arcane knowledge that Gellert and Dumbledore tried on their young and he is going to compell his parents to restrain him, add some idiotic words by Ron and other englishmen and stir with whatever plans the Rosier family got and you will have spells in the air sooner than later. A subtle way for Grindelwald to mess with his old friend and to maybe revive the idea of control over magic (if not in execution).

Not open for further replies.