1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

They might've known about him being an animagus, but at the time there was no known case of anyone ever escaping from Azkaban, so they probably treated him as anyone else.

btw: What's up with your name? Does it mean anything at all?

2. Docker

Docker Third Year

Harry seems to be a lot more worked up over Peter than Nathan is-and I see Peter having no real need to go to Hogwarts.
    In fact, he might try to get as far away from it as possible. Meaning, he might escape to another country.
    He might even meet Harry, he could be Harry’s first kill or something.
    But it depends on one thing- I can't remember, was Peter muttering in his sleep, “He's at Hogwarts”? Like Sirius did?

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Canon Peter, maybe. We know nothing about this Peter other than he's spent the last decade or so in Azkaban, and he's an Animagus. It's possible he's crazier, due to counter spells etc, but it's entirely possible that he's focused on revenge. After all, he's quite possibly insane, and living as a rat must still be better than being in prison.

4. Docker

Docker Third Year

So does that mean Voldemort will come back early? Maybe the Santi is planning to step away from canon before Harry and Nathan's fourth year.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. KrzaQ

Santi, if you're standing next to a cannon, please take more than a step away from it!

Voldemort is anything but not patient and imo he'd rather bide his time, so even if he resurrects himself, I doubt we'll see him any time soon.

6. Rook

Rook Squib

so in all likelihood Peter would be heading to Hogwarts.

that brings up the question who's at Hogwarts though. In canon JK surprised us by using Harry as diversion for Peter. We all thought it was Harry being chased. It seems kinda simplistic if Peter is only after Harry in this story though. Suspending the idea that Peter is downright crazy (which is pretty convenient), we all know that Peter is the world's biggest coward and if there's any bit of sanity in him, the first course of action is to flee elsewhere.

Can this be somehow linked to the new DADA professor? Santi did not give any indication on the reflections that Moony will be taking part in the story anytime soon.

With regards to the rift between brothers (and to add speculation to the fourth year), I can easily imagine Rita Skeeter and the Daily Prophet take huge credit for damaging the brothers' relationship.

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Nathan. Nathan is at Hogwarts.
    In canon the twist was that we had been told that Peter was a hero, and that Sirius was an insane murderer, this story lacks the illusion that Peter has been anything but a traitor, so if he's muttering "he's at Hogwarts" he's probably talking about Nathan unless Santi has a different idea.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. BF1110C4

BF1110C4 Squib

But if he says "he's at Hogwarts"he could be refering to the other important person who has been on the school recently and has ties with Peter. Lord Voldemort.

9. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

That seems a bit of a stretch. Peter has no way of knowing Voldemort was theree. If the government was unaware or unwilling to believe that Voldemort had any part in the events of years one and two, it's reasonable to assume Peter doesn't know. Occam's razor seems the best bet for this one. Why make it more complicated than it has to be until we know one way or another?

10. KrzaQ

The government was unwilling to believe that Voldemort was back even after seing the Dark Mark on Snape's arm. Peter, on the other hand, might know what it means. (He had, after all, somehow found Voldemort in canon)

11. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Yes, but there's no reason for Peter to think Voldemort is at Hogwarts. Also, while the dark mark on Snape's arm was getting more pronounced, it didn't become completely visible until after Voldemort's rebirth, almost two years away in the story.

12. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Snape showed Fudge his mark after Voldemort returned in fourth year. It was jet back and he still didn't believe him.

As for the Peter thing, Santi has two options in my mind. 1) He does an off screen repeat of third year. This causes more major friction between Harry and Nathan because Nathan was likely being stupid again. Or, 2) He branches off and has Peter do his own thing for a while. So far, there's no logical reason for Peter to go to Hogwarts. I don't expect there to be one anytime soon, unless the resurrection is happening early.

Frankly, I"m hoping for option 2 right now. Santi's proved how good he is with departures from canon already. One here would just be some tasty icing on the cake. An early departure from canon, done well, is almost guaranteed epicness. Even more epic than it already is.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm not gonna try and guess what Peter's role will be, since Santi's mind is something we mere mortals could never hope to comprehend.
    But I will say this about the big deal that happened with the age line in previous pages(44). I think y'all underestimate Dumbledore's ability. Technically, in GOF, the line was NOT violated. No person below 17 passed. Way I see it, Harry is good, but he has a long way to go before reaching Dumbly's level. The only way around it is for some older student to put his name in.

14. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

:facepalm

Seriously?

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're a rare breed of idiot. Compared to you, I miss mknote.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

To be fair, "Dumbly" is canon (GoF, Madame Maxime's accent).

Just sayin'

17. luckykas

luckykas First Year

The Grindelwald characterization was amazing. Precisely opposite of Dumbledore. Dumbledore also portrays himself as kindly old man but on occasion he is also the powerful sorcerer. Similarly, Grindelwald is brilliant wizard who retains his keen intellect even in his old age despite the hardships of prison and must not be underestimated even now. Its almost frightening to imagine what he could accomplish, if he got his hands onto a wand even now. I sincerely hope we see more of him in upcoming chapters.

Liked the way you fleshed out Flitwick's reaction. It was spot on. A man already regretting his actions and only now finding inkling of just how remarkable a student he missed out on. You manage to make the reader empathize with Flitwick's pain.

Out of all the reactions you put out for various characters, these 2 were the best in my opinion. Look forward to where you are taking this story.
    ----------------------------------------------

Pettigrew escaped Azkabaan. However he was neither innocent nor was his animagus form secret. That long an exposure to dementors is bound to drive him insane. He knows he betrayed his friends or are you making Sirius/Remus the bad guy in this fic? Or Peter could choose to leave UK and vanish altogether. After all he is not as committed to Voldy's cause.

In canon, the death eaters broken out from Azkaban such as Bellatrix seemed to function fine so dementor exposure doesn't necessarily destroy everything in inmates mind.

18. Zepheric

Zepheric Squib

Peter may go to Hogwarts but not to get at Nathan maybe to get help from Snape? as he was a Death Eater to help flee the country as I am guessing they will be monitoring ways out of the country?

19. Docker

Docker Third Year

If that's true the Peter problem would be sold as soon as he contacted Snape. Snape never really liked Peter, and now with his alliance to Dumbledore and renewed friendship with Lily he would turn Peter over to them in a second. I think it's unlikely that Peter would go to Snape for help. I don’t think that will happen, Peter would not trust Snape; he didn’t him in canon and it would be a far too easy and simple way to end the Peter chronicles.

20. Mustaine

Mustaine Second Year

Even if he muttered "He's at Hogwarts", that doesn't mean he'll go there. I don't think he is brave enough to try to kidnap him there. He may do it if Azkaban made him insane, but I think things between Pettigrew and Voldemort will happen more or less as in canon, but the differences will be caused by Pettigrew being on the run a year earlier. He won't meet Bertha Jorkins at the right time, so even if Peter finds him, Voldemort won't receive all that information he did, and won't know that Crouch Jr. is alive, so he'd need to get another Death Eater to carry out the same plan to kidnap Nathan, but I hope that varies.

Not open for further replies.