1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age 2 Announced.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

So unless you preorder, you're missing out on a whole bunch of shit. It's like they desperately want people to pirate it.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same thing with their DLC, some of it was shit that should of been included from the fucking get go. I support their move to have a few free things to people who bought the game new versus used. Shale or Wardens Keep for example. I don't have Keep, but Shale was fun and worth getting.

I havent reinstalled it yet since I switched over to 7, but from what I saw on other folks games, the rest of the DLC was a fucking joke and barely worth even pirating.

3. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Fuck it, I'm fixing my RROD'd xbox and then I'm bringing it to the local triad mall, just so I don't have to pre-order this trash to get the full game.

4. Cappadocian

Cappadocian Fifth Year

FIXED You'll still be missing out on the collectors edition stuff and the stuff limited to various gamestores.

5. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hmm. MAybe they should make classes and talents into DLC, and unless you buy it, you play as a peasant and any action you take opens a browser window to Farmville.

6. Cappadocian

Cappadocian Fifth Year

Would that be Schrodinger's game then? The game that's there and not there at the same time?

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    In other news, here is a delightful outpouring of diarrhea from Kristine Steimer at IGN. Link.
    And if that wasn't bad enough, the latest trailer makes me want to cry too. You can see it on the dragonage homepage for bioware. Link.
    It apparently includes in game footage.
    Well, fuck. I seriously want to go to whoever is in charge of this piece of shit, and remind him that just because God of War is a good game and DA: O was a good game doesn't mean that them added together is a good game.

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I'm looking forward to it. Seriously. Just couldn't finish DA:O because of bland combat and disappointing graphics. The cell-shading looks a shade(hehe) better, and the fighting looks upgraded. I also found the fighting mechanics with the Rogue and Warrior fucking redundant; the mage got all the love it looked like.

So if this game fixes that shit and keeps the in-depth story and world, all win in my book, baby.

@Schro: You're such a fangurl of the first one. :p.

9. Schrodinger

High Score:
    No, I just really, really, really hate JRPGs, hack-and-slashers, and their ilk. I like to spend time wit the combat paused, whirling around the camera, figuring out where I should do what. I do NOT want to hit the mouse button, or X button or whatever the fuck they do on consoles now, over and over and over to do supercombos of explosive death on my enemies. It looks cool, but I just don't find it interesting. Also, the second I heard them mention a scripted voice and the Mass Effect dialogue wheel I wanted to stab my eyes out. Scripted voices piss me the fuck off for the player character, and the dialogue wheel is why the only copy of ME 2 I have is a disk snapped in half. When reply to my commander with "Docuhebag mode" on the wheel, I didn't want Shephard to say, "Well sir, your mother is a hippo," I wanted him to say "With all due respect sir, please shove this battlerifle up your ass and hold down the trigger." At least in DA:O you KNEW what the fuck your character is going to say, ME 2? Not so much.

Also, can someone PLEASE explain to me why the fuck everyone bitches about being called 'Warden' in DA: O and were so goddamn happy to have a name? I mean... its equally out of your hands what they call you in both cases, what the fuck does it matter?

EDIT: And no character customization? Really? This is not Dragon Age. I hate EA. Sooooo much.
    And even more because I'm going to buy the fucking game anyway. I hope it involves Alistair at some point. Alistair <3

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

You're a whiny little bitch. God damn. Every post is full of PMS-24/7!Schrodinger.

The game is gonna still have the pause n play aspect. They just amped up the regular attacks of the warrior and the rogue.

11. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Watch some of the gameplay videos and get back to me, mmkay? Thanks.

As for this? Fucking deal with it. If you are annoyed by what I post, there is an ignore function on these forums for a reason.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Sounds like you should fucking love JRPGs. That's all the combat in most of them entails.

13. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Uh... not really. My experience with JRPGs consisted of having a main character with a ridiculously oversized sword attacking enemies with flashes of light that come out of nowhere and make it completely impossible to see whats going on. Maybe I'm playing the wrong JRPGs, advise me, oh wise one.

14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Every FF game up until 10 was turn-based and most of them were too easy. The VAST majority of SMT games are turn-based and will eat you alive if you don't stop to think about things for a few goddamn seconds. Dragon Quest- menus, see FF. Chrono Trigger/Cross, Shadow Hearts, basically the VAST majority of JRPGs? Menus and lots of them. I honestly have no idea where you got the idea that the JRPG genre doesn't by and large require you to sift through menus while the combat is paused.

Tales of... and Star Ocean are action RPGs, as is .Hack (though the first series and its love of making you pause to use your skills may make you think otherwise. Terrible implementation, that). Those series are in the minority.

15. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Hmm. Well, at least that's something for me to do after I cry in frustration over DA II. Thanks.

16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You forgot the 900 gallons of hairgel

17. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

And the time tested guessing game, "Boy or girl?" when looking at the characters.

19. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Uh.. the TITS didn't tip you off? I mean, yeah, the hair is rather androgynous... but the tits make it rather clear who's who.

20. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Schro, I know this is hard to believe-but not all video game females have gigantic jiggle-physic worthy tits.

Also just as an example. Kiros from FFVII. Now quickly, boy or girl?

[​IMG]