1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Possible ME3 Announcement

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fuubar, Nov 20, 2010.

1. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Link

Link

Link

Nothing's for sure obviously but given the guy is holding what looks like an ME sniper rifle, I'm thinking the odds are good.

So Fuck Yea! :awesome

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Doubt it, the color scheme is all wrong. The Mass Effect universe has generally been very colorful, I can't see Bioware creating a CGI short for ME3 in 4 shades of drab grey.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

To be honest, I'm more excited for Arkham City, which is gonna have news drop at the same time.

4. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Wait, there's a sequel coming?

I never even finished Arkham Asylum. I actually should get around to that. Once I've finished brotherhood >_>.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. Tehan

Yeah, and it pretty much sounds like Grand Theft Auto: Gotham City. Or Prototype with Batman.

That is to say, awesome.

6. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

GTA:GC would be awesome. Bateranging (s?) cops faces would just be :awesome.

Also, there was a thread on Reddit the other day concerning the upcoming announcement. The two biggest ideas were either a Mass Effect MMO, or a Mass Effect shooter.

Either of which would be awesome, and not just because I'm a Bioware fanboi. I want a new non-military shooter, I'm tired of just playing my Urban Terror for shooter fun. As to the MMO idea, it just sounds epic. The ME universe has a huge amount of depth. It would be the first MMO that I've played in years.

7. Tehan

The only thing that makes me leery about a Mass Effect MMO is that the Bioware core fanbase has turned in on itself to create a community of delusion and denial. There are many threads dedicated to Tali with thousands of pages of posts, featuring things like the biochemical breakdown of her sweat.

These are basement-dwellers of such desperation that they make even WoW-grognards look socially presentable.

On the flip side, I've seen threads on 4chan and small forums where everyone pretends to be in-universe Mass Effect characters that lead to great hilarity, so I suppose it might not be a complete disaster...

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I haven't ventured into the bioware forums for quite awhile ... I'm honestly not surprised that they've declined that far though ...

If they show what she looks like in ME3 she needs to be troll faced, it would be so perfect.

Yea, I've seen a couple of things making mention of that as well, and considering how Bioware has apparently said they are not limiting themselves to the trilogy I'm thinking that this is a serious possibility.

9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I was wrong, you were right.

So, I'm :D.

You know, I really wonder just how pissed MS executives were at losing such a prime PC/Xbox 360 exclusive =/. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when the head of the 360 division found out :p.

10. ufgator

ufgator Squib

After the announcement that ME2 was heading to ps3, no one in the gaming community had any doubt that ME3, when announced, would also be on all systems.

And it really is a killer loss to MS, the only game they have left is GeOW3.

11. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Well yes, obviously. I was speaking about the Mass Effect franchise as a whole, though I should have made that more clear.

Also:The only game xbox has is Gears of War? *cough*.

Why hello thar.

12. ufgator

ufgator Squib

There's a new Halo game that has been announced?

I meant that the only MS exclusives for next year are GeOW3 and shovelware kinect games. That's why losing ME2 and ME3 is such big hit.

13. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Ah, you weren't really clear there. No, obviously there isn't another Halo game coming out this year, I thought you were referring to general exclusives.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Dont jinx it. MS will make you eat those words...

Still... ME3. WHOO!

15. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

16. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  17. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This made me :). This plus Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has made my day.

18. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Wow. That was an awesome trailer.

Though the reapers do seem to have shrunk :/

19. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh... good news that ME3 has finally been announced, but I'm a little skeptical about the sudden focus on Earth. And wondering, if the Reapers consider humanity to be such a big threat, why they don't just glass Earth from orbit instead of try to invade it as they seem to be doing. Unless they're still trying to harvest humans, which, erm, sounds kind of stupid, considering how well that went the last time.

But we'll see, I guess.

20. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Trailer was disappointing for me. Drag gray, a single glimpse of our character, and kind of nonsensical. Why would the reapers hit Earth? Wouldn't they instead go after the Turians, who control the bulk of the military force in the galaxy? If they need humans, why hit Earth, a target that would surely bring gigantic resistance, instead of continuing to hit colonies, which has been shown to be relatively effective?

Also, no epic music score, WTF?