1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW accounts

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why do you have only 2?

I have used like 15 and still have a bunch.

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I just got it yesterday, so I'm assuming I haven't done anything to merit more.

3. BadVoodoo

BadVoodoo Sixth Year

Started playing about 4 months ago
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Blood Elf
    Class: Paladin
    Name: Ogdoad
    Lvl: 40

4. whimsical

whimsical First Year

Anyone else play on Doomhammer (US)? I don't feel like searching the whole thread to see. In any case, that's my main server, and I play a protection warrior named Arie. I have a few other 80's and alts scattered on other servers, but it's the only one I play often.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Refer-A-Friend requires you to pay for an extra account for a bit, yes?

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait what? I've never heard of this even once. All Refer-A-Friend means is that when they reactivate their account they put your name in a little question box and you receive free shit as well as the ability to insta-level them to a certain point.

7. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

Anyone else heading to a midnight release for Cata? I'm going to mah local gamestop, gonna get there a couple hours early. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to getting some new content to raid.

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Lol you poor sucker, download it digitally and pre-install it. Mines already downloaded and installed so no bullshit waiting in line for me, I just wait until it hits midnight and I'm set.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

No, you are mixing up resurrection scroll and refer-a-friend.

10. Krogan

High Score:
    Kinda, I got confused on what it was, Refer A Friend means tossing them a trial key instead of reactivation. Still your not paying for your friends either way.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For anyone who has experience in the mater of new expansions: Do servers change when a new expansion comes out?

My current server is, to put it lightly, shit. Trolls everywhere, only one guild that's good enough to run Lich King. I was just hoping that this rollover will fix things. Otherwise I'm going to bail.

12. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

No, but usually new servers open that have names corresponding with areas or figures of importance in the new expansion.

As for me, I got finals this week so I won't be purchasing Cataclysm until sometime next week. I don't have high hopes for it, because frankly, Wrath content sucked compared to Vanilla and BC.

13. Krogan

High Score:
    Not to the best of my knowledge but if your looking for a new server you could always come to my server Kilrogg. There are idiots but I can think of at least 10 guilds off the top of my head that down all of ICC hard mode once a week.

14. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Server: Drak'tharon
    Two level 80's:

Blood Elf, Holy Paladin. Gabrinth
    Orc, Hunter. Gramakk

Gabrinth is my main. He has kingslayer and 10 out of 12 heroic. Sadly, we started Heroics in the last two weeks, and Sindra and Lich King on heroic are really way too hard if you don't have all the heroic gear from the earlier bosses.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  15. whimsical

whimsical First Year

I thought about it, but it just seems a waste of time now that you can do the digital thing. Furthermore, I can't quite get into the idea of standing in line with a bunch of socially awkward 17-year-old boys in skinny pants. The last few years I went to these things, I felt so out of place. The people in line would always try talking to me, and they're always the kids who think having a level 40 paladin who "pvps" means they're super-hardcore, which ends up with me nodding halfheartedly until they shut the fuck up. Pass.

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

In response to the thing about using Recruit A Friends -- I assumed that the people who were talking about having used 15 of them or so were speaking in terms of buying their own second account to be friends with themselves in order to level their own characters faster and/or get the free mounts involved.

That's actually the only way I've known people to use them, though they were intended to be used by two different people.

17. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Wait, wait, wait. . . you mean to tell me that it came out in South Africa, the fucking arse-hole of the world, two days before it came out in, well I'm guessing, America? How the fuck is this possible?

EDIT: We are talking about the new World of Warcraft right?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  18. Krogan

High Score:
    Ah, well I honestly had never thought of that but if thats what your going to be doing then you'd be paying for more than one account. The original intended use though, your only paying for your own account.

19. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

The advantages far outweight the disadvantages though. Having "refer-a-friend" bonus makes it possible to get a char from lvl 1 to 60 in 1 day. I believe goldfarmers use this way to get farming characters quikly, or to sell them for high profit.

20. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Sold mine for $200 a few months ago. Realized how much of a chore it was to keep playing and how much of my time I was wasting on it. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Oxy