1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Ceebee, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MKsyzox_c

A very short (like 17 seconds) teaser trailer for Uncharted 3, shows pretty much nothing unfortunately. I've always found the Uncharted games to be pretty good, though I hope they've fixed/changed how the render the eyes of the characters in cutscenes. I think I still get horrific flashbacks sometimes...

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Meh, the first was mediocre, the second pretty good. I personally don't get the love for the graphics (compared to some PC games I've played, UC:2 looked plain bad).

Either way, at least it'll be a new game to look out for.

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Probably because Uncharted games have, thus far, pushed the PS3 to its limit, find me another game as graphically impressive on the PS3 as Uncharted 2; It's a difficult task & naturally PC graphics will be crisper & generally better overall.

Eagerly awaiting the new video to be relased over the next few days, have high hopes & from the looks of the cover art, it would seem Drake takes a bite of the bad apple, doesn't look happy at all. I wanna say Drake vs Sully but... it seems too soon to call it like that.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

On the topic of UC3... I don't really like the way the cover looks... I liked the way Drake looked in two. But cant say much yet. I will buy it regardless.

F U fag. Uncharted is awesome. True, its not as graphically unmatched as people hype it, but its still one of the few titles to push the limits of the system. The characters typically are utterly awesome in that they're always inspiring some kind of emotion from you.

Outside of Sully and Drake, Harry and Chloe from two were probably two of the best characters in the series. Eddy Raja was pretty cool too.

So sure, in pieces, Uncharted is pretty average. On the whole, however, I personally find it to be fairly awesome.

Also: Drake/Chloe OTP.

Joe
  5. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    VAAASHHH... I am in agreement with you.

Superhuman feats of agility aside, the Uncharted games have never been dull. The puzzles could have been harder, sure, instead of clearly spelled out in Drake's journal, but it doesn't distract from the gameplay. Which is very enjoyable.

High hopes for UC3

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

The story is what sells the game for me. I know when I buy an Uncharted game I will be thrilled from start to end.

I am utterly giddy at the prospect that we're getting another chapter in this story. Also Drake is a good amalgamation of the hero archetype. Just enough cynicism to really make you wonder if he will go through with the plot or just get the fuck out of dodge.

Graphics are just a bonus; they actually take the time to make the game look good as well. Unlike some games we could all mention.

7. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

http://gamerant.com/uncharted-3-website-plot-details-dyce-56467/

I came:awesome

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I dunno Vashj, he seems pretty pissed off on the cover & given the title of the game, my money's on him having every right to be as pissed off as he looks. What I want to know currently is what the crasehd jet in the back is to do with, will it be like Uncharted 2 with the train being the actual start of the story, or just something badass to protray Drake against?

I find myself skeptical about the fightign multiple opponents at once in melee as well, more because it's Drake, he's not awesome at martial arts, just your average bar brawler who should probably stick to shooting rather than fisticuffs, however the new effects sounds like something to look forward too, alongside the story, as Quazi said.

Edit;

Reveal trailer; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-uncharted-3/708329

Holy cow. Looks awesome, albeit I can't help but get a severe sense of bad foreshadowing from Sully being in the shadows.

Sully!Turn coming up at last, perhaps?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

The story I'd rate as summer-action-flick worthy. In game terms, excellent, but really not all that great in terms of real story telling. It really felt like a movie turned into a game, only done right (which makes me wonder why the hell they're doing an Uncharted movie).

The gameplay mechanics for the UC:1 were terrible. When it takes 6-8 torso shots from an AK on average to put an enemy down, you're doing it wrong.

The second game fixed almost all the problems I had with UC:1, which is why I said it was a pretty good game. Not the best, and needed to be longer, but pretty good.

The trailer made me :awesome though, much better than Biowares ME:3 trailer.

10. Antivash

I was less implying the content of the cover as opposed to the look and feel of the character design... But maybe its just the way the art transfers over to gloss images. I'm reserving judgement.

Speaking of Uncharted and awesome: The movie. From what I know, leading candidate for Nathan Drake? Nathan Fillion. And its not a rumor, he confirmed his interest in the part! :awesome *squee*

So long as we're talking about two decades ago, when summer action flicks were actually worth watching, I would agree. As far as current movies go? Superior in about 99% of points and details and yadda yadda. I mean, fucking The Warrior's Way? "Ninjas. Damn." Fuck that shit.

With the Eye of Indra adding a lot of history and context... True, its not gonna win a Hugo or a Nebula, but its fairly awesome in its own right.

I think this is one of the more positive points to the game, honestly. Its doesn't just pull in your attention, its got a kind of ..grand feel? to it.

Yeah. One had a lot of issues, but somehow, I don't think they did a lot to pull the game down too much. I had a few problems at times, but compared to things like Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed, it was relatively smooth going. No where near as frustrating.

Either way, I loved it, and I love to see more of Chloe, maybe in the form of another comic or a novel tie in from when she and Harry/Drake first got into whatever together.

11. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

The part of the video where he pulls the Ak from the sand and there is a hand still holding is fucking win. Simple as that.

This series has always been great. I maintain that Uncharted 2 was one of the better PS games I have ever played.

It seemed to me in the parts of the video in the desert that Drake's face looks alot older than it did in the 2nd game, so maybe 3 is set a few years down the line.

13. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

That's why you whip out your pistol and shoot the fools is the head:awesome

14. Antivash

Headshots aren't so bad in the beginning, but at later points it gets insane hard to do quicklike and not get fucked by the laser-sighted one-hit kill Dessert Eagle dudes..

15. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I never had too much trouble with those guys. My issues came because they would give you fifteen enemies, constantly moving, constantly throwing grenades at you, and you had very little ammo.

Also, fuck the last boss fight, fuck it hard.