1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Maybe maybe not. Kira is at a school notorious for disliking/hating any but purebloods, and frequently derides Harry as a half-blood. It at least suggests that she holds typical blood prejudices and it least in part dislikes Harry because of them.

But it doesn't really matter why Kira clearly dislikes Harry, just that she does. We base our relationships with other people mostly not on how they treat others but on how they treat us. Calypso treats Harry as an equal and a friend and genuinely likes him. Kira does not. Add to that her general personality and there is no reason for the antipathy between them to change.

In fact, it's almost certain not to as long as Kira keeps going after Calypso. Like it or not, Calypso is one of his two friends, as important, or more important to him than Viktor. He's not going to try and develop a better relationship with her fierce rival and enemy when it would clearly antagonize Calypso.

I don't agree. Harry was suspicious of Calypso, but learned Occlumency like she asked. He then asked her her reasons and she told him one. He believed her explanation and found it legitimate. He trusts her. From the story.

Whether you trust Calypso's explanation and intentions or not, Santi clearly stated that Harry trusts his friend.

2. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Officially pure-blood/half-blood. He got at least one magical parent. The way Santi explain, only pure-bloods can go to Durmstrag, eventually if you are heir to some important family(Harry case)

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Krum revealed that Kira's attitude towards Harry is probably based on her jealousy over Harry's initial placement into two third year classes. She's a very competitive student. She does have a general problem with half-bloods being admitted to Durmstrang. Krum implied that it has something to do with her family's history, but The Santi has been very careful not to reveal much about it. He's holding that reveal in check... for some reason. No doubt it will become clearer when we discover the truth.

Kira and Harry do share some qualities that could allow for mutual respect, especially whenever her family's historical baggage is dealt with. They both strive for academic excellence, they both care for Krum as a person, and Calypso is working against them both in different ways. I'll also note that neither of them shows evidence of becoming an Animagus yet, which could lead to a shared struggle. Maybe.

4. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

One of the professors made a comment about Harry achieving a level of notoriety not gained by a half-blood in Durmstrang's entire history. As Grindelwald is awesome and talented, I think he'd have gained that same level of notoriety or much more, which leads to the logical conclusion that Grindelwald is a pureblood.

5. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

You're very welcome. :)

Regarding hyenas, apparently females give birth through their clitoris/pseudo-penis. article on hyena sex

6. Tenages

All strong points. But for them to gain this mutual respect, Harry would have to fall out with Calypso in some way. I find it hard to believe Harry could maintain Calypso as his best friend and still improve his relationship with Kira from this position of detente.

As far as Kira working against them, I don't really see it. Her father may be (even that is very unclear), but Calypso seems to genuinely like Harry. And more to the point I think, Harry doesn't believe Calypso is working against him. As per the quote above, he's accepted her explanation of a potential marriage contract and moved on.

tl;dr Maybe they could have this improved relationship. But it'd have to be down the line with Calypso either against Harry or moved to the sidelines of his life for some reason.

Anyway Merry Christmas motherfuckers. I'm off to get smashed.

7. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Kira/Calypso hate/despise relationship has the same chance of improving to mutual respect, like Nathan transferring from Hogwarts to Durmstrag and learning Dark Arts. I totally agree with Tenages on this issue. I would love to read the scene with Kira and Hermione, many people believe that, Krum will break up with Kira, and in next year will be building relationship with Hermione at Hagwarts. In this case Kira, "bested" by "mud-blood" plain girl, and her confrontation with said plan girl. Both girls are rather competitive and studious, having different believes on blood purity.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  8. yak

I suspect that you're having a completely different conversation than the rest of us.

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Why do you think that? I just do not agree with you, that relationship between Kira and Harry will ever improve. It's likely, that after the scene in the last chapter, it'll go even downhill from what they had. You are writing the similarities between them, but he is having even more so with Calypso, who with Kira disliked each other before even Harry transferred to Durmstrag. Mutual respect with Kira would have to mean, that he have a fall out with Calypso, and for Kira to change her opinion on Harry status as a half-blood. It isn't going to happen. I know that Kira was described, as more attractive physical, so you would like for Harry to get the best looking girl there. From your opinion it's seems like you would like to start on pairing Kira/Harry, "with their failure in animagus training they see comfort in each other arms". I rather like Calypso, and admit that she have many more secrets, but mystery is fun.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

How from this:

you could come up with this:

I will never know.

That said, I support Harry/slave!Kira relationship, because why not? ;)

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Because slave!Kira fails. :| And should Kira be bested by Hermione, the fic'll drop down one point.

Also, Feanor, your nick looks retarded.

12. yak

You disagree with me? I didn't know that. I couldn't even work out what you were agreeing with in your post. I'm too wasted to respond to Tenages post tonight, but I'll try to struggle through yours.

What conversation are you having? No one's discussing the improvement of Kira and Calypso's relationship with each other. I don't see how you can be agreeing with Tenages on an issue that he hasn't said anything about.

What? I've got no idea what this has to do with your argument. Where are your "many people" who think Krum will dump Kira and date Hermione next year? This seems to be manufactured on your part.

You're completely misreading my posts. I don't give a shit if Kira is prettier or not, and I'm not advocating a Kira/Harry pairing. Tenages posited that there was "no basis for civility and mutual respect" between Kira and Harry, and I countered with several examples. It doesn't mean that I believe or want The Santi to improve the situation between Harry and Kira, I'm merely saying that it isn't as impossible as Tenages believed.

JKR's not writing this one. You're safe.

13. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

The whole thing with Kira/Harry in romantic way was supposed to be sarcastic. It's seems like, I was misunderstood. I admit that I'm totally wasted and read something that wasn't there in your post. Do not know where I found something in your post, about Calypso and Kira. Secs nick is just Feanor. Do not like it, your problem. I got it when I was fu***ng 15 in cs game. I sometimes hate it too, mostly when people on ventrillo, do not even know how to pronounce it. It just stuck that 6 years ago and it is.

Edit:
    From this tread
    So only two, but it was mention ;D

14. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

You don't like your own nick, don't use it.

Just... :facepalm. It was a speculation on Krum breaking up with Kira because Krum in canon hooks up with Hermione during the Tri-Wizard-Tournament. Do please explain where there's a mention of a future Harry/Kira in those two quotes.

15. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Quotes were about, a bit of canon romance between KRUM and HERMIONE and people saying about break-up because of it...
    Never was it's said about Kira/Harry - That whole pairing was joking around. I hope you understand what's joking means, but sometimes man have to wonder...
    I think only Celestin catch it. Maybe it's national thing...

16. Shymer

Shymer Third Year

I think Feanorrrr should go to bed or just have some fun for Christmas. Because your posts have been a pretty waste of time so far.

I also hope for a Kira/Harry pairing: after Viktor broke up with Kira, she, distraught, will try to seduce Harry in a effort to hurt Calypso where it hurts her the most. Calypso will then get Nathan in her bed but will not have her Hyena animagus child she wanted so much due to Nathan unability to have an erection; something about his hidden feelings for Romulus...

So fucking obvious because we all know Santi is a Desperate Housewives and Days of our Lives fan.

17. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I'm having fun, drinking vodka with myself on Christmas Day !!!
    Kira actually has hots for losers, Viktor was idiot loser, but now that he is superstar. I think she would like Ron.
    I would also like to see Paring : Remus Lupin/Romulus Rosier (But it may look like incest).

18. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

What is this? I don't even...

19. Tenages

Just :facepalm

Now back to your regularly scheduled Christmas debauchery.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Even if you are joking, it's not funny. Stop please.

Not open for further replies.