1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think even an averagely powered tickling charm should be counted as torture, personally.

/hates being tickled.

2. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You can move someone next to a sleeping dragon and cast the tickling charm on said dragon. As deadly (and evil, obviously) as the killing curse.

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I don't know, I think the cheering charm is teh evilest. If used to often it can cause a permanent addiction, like drugs. An overdose of the cheering charm could also lead to such bliss that the nerves in the body no longer properly function. Yes, I've read both of those as examples of how magic is neither good or bad.... god what crap I used to read.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I think the best example ever was a fic explaining how all the unforgivables were created by a farmer. The Killing Curse to kill foxes chasing hens and to kill livestock, the Imperius to control sheep and the Torture curse presumably for shutting the wife up.

5. Wizardmon0073

Wizardmon0073 Second Year

I am not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread (sorry then) but do you think that Durmstrang has tests similar to OWLs and NEWTs ?

I think that in canon was a mention that Beauxbatons has tests after 6 years (so it would be logical for Durmstrang to have tests too) but on the other side Quirrell has said in the beginning of fic that Durmstrang is more about final projects than tests.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm like 99% sure the "tests after 6 years" thing was from that shitfic in the H/Fleur thread and not canon.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And I'm like 99% sure that it is indeed canon.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  8. Zepheric

Zepheric Squib

iv been wondering will the Tri-Wizard Tournament have the same tasks? Or maybe different rules?
    Also what will happen to Harry when Voldemort is revived at the end of 4th year (if he is) will he stay at Durmstrang or go back to Hogwarts and will he keep with his accelerated year group or join his brothers year again?

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey Santi, I've been wondering, could you tell me all the important plot points for the future of the story?

10. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

In this particular case, the shitfic was quoting from canon. The lexicon says that exams in Beauxbatons are after year 6. Apparently Fleur mentions in in HBP while the gang are sitting around discussing OWL results.

Sauce

11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Santi is unavailable right now, but because I'm a prominent member of the Cult of The Santi, he told me some secrets and let me share them with you. Spoilers ahead.

That one everyone already knows about - Harry will have Animagus form of Hydra/Phoenix hybrid. It's called Hendrix and after transformation Harry will have an urge to play a guitar. The Triwizard Tournament will have brand new tasks like protecting a dragon from a rabid Golden Egg or kidnapping important persons of other Champions and guarding your own at the same time. Harry will not go back to Durmstrang or Hogwarts for that matter. Instead he will follow his newfound soul mate Fleur to Beauxbatons, which as he will discover is far superior to any other school (mostly because the Head Boy has a privilege to have his own Veela harem).

12. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Fixed that for you.:)

13. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Oh wow, flashbacks to my first few fanfiction reading excursions. Brilliant.

14. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Is it wrong that that actually sounds like a good idea to me?

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I was wondering if someone will say that. It's like capture the flag, but more dramatic. :)

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Harry legitimately kidnapping Cho is no fun.
    Would like to see Krum's face when he kidnaps Ron though :awesome

17. luckykas

luckykas First Year

"Harry couldn't focus, not today. Peter had broken into Hogwarts and managed to make it all the way to the Gryffindor Common Room before being spotted. In fact, the only thing that stopped him from walking into the Gryffindor Common Room and killing Nathan was that he hadn't known the password, and the painting had refused him access. Peter had become enraged and violently slashed the portrait with a knife before escaping from the school. "

Still trying to process what is Peter's motivation to go to Hogwarts. Canon Pettigrew was a coward. In canon, Sirius Black infiltrated Hogwarts to capture Pettigrew and protect Harry. Pettigrew was never the idealist in the DE camp. He was there more for survival than anything else. Why would he risk his life and soul in this manner?

18. b0b3rt

b0b3rt Backtraced

luckykas makes a good point. Peter has no motivation outside of insanity, as it's very unlikely that he knows the ritual Voldemort used at the end of GoF. And he probably isn't insane for the same reason Sirius wasn't insane in PoA.. only slightly unhinged. Is this a secret plot element?

19. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

In a largely AU world, Santi does have the freedom to go pretty much anywhere with Pettigrew. I eagerly await to see which direction it goes.

20. b0b3rt

b0b3rt Backtraced

I agree - I've only ever read one well-written Pettigrew, and I hope he develops the character more.

Not open for further replies.