1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The return of DLP Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, May 27, 2010.

1. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Occasionally the computer will put an item for bet instead of the standard 10k buy in. Knock out that computer player and that's it as far as I know. You might have to win the entire round, but I'm not sure, I've only seen them put up an item a few times and usually one of the other computer players knocks them out.

2. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, pretty much this. All you have to do is knock out the player who bought in with his item instead of money, however. I don't think you have to win the entire round.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Protip; if you reset before the money hits the table you can restart without losing any.

4. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, I do that until someone puts the item up. But then I completely fail at poker; even if I don't have to have a poker face online. Best case scenario: I knock someone out (obviously not the character I wanted). Worst case? I'm the first to go. lolol

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Merry Christmas, faaaag. D:

Oz
  6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy playing spy now? I still get failstabs, lots of them, but I have fun while failstabbing. I also find it beyond shit-your-pants-funny that no one pays attention to an Eternal Reward spy (read: undisguised and uncloaked) running beside them...until they get stabbed that is. (And sometimes not even then...I've had killstreaks that stem from people just not knowing what's going on. I wonder if I can get a medic to dominate one of his teammates?)

[​IMG]
    Click to enlarge. I think the other players were bots, but I can't tell for sure. No one talked, and the sniperbots had scary fucking aim.

[​IMG]
    Ignore the fucked up HUD. The two score boxes are supposed to be next to each other, but the Christmas update screwed it up and no one has fixed it yet.

Also, I've learned the awesomeness that is windowed + noborder. Launch options I use:

Code:
    -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd -novid -dxlevel 81 -w 1440 -h 900 -windowed -noborder
    I'm not sure what the first four are, but I know what the last ones are. Also, my monitor's resolution is 1440x900, so this is effectively maximized. Alt+tabbing doesn't cause the game to crash anymore, however, so score.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  8. Antivash

I did. Did it not go through? D: Is in mah transactions list, sooo... It was like... $5 and I was pickin something else up anyway... <3

9. Midknight

I rushed to check yesterday and didn't see anything mate, I'll check again.

I had to go in my email and jump through some hoops, since I guess it doesn't show anything in steam itself initially. Thank you Vash, I've been wanting this for awhile, much luv.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  10. Antivash

Fail. They should show that shit in steam. >_> I thought it would have, which is why I just posted that there.

Either way... <3

11. Midknight

Game got me in trouble with the cursing Tyco does. Wife gave me a stern look when me and my son were laughing our asses off. Won my first round on hard though, missed the Heavy when I knocked him out early. Nice game, will be playing it and not touching facebook poker now

12. Midknight

I"m not bad at it, but I'll be damned if the opponents don't suddenly become a lot harder when there's an unlock buyin. I decimated them all without much trouble the first few times, then suddenly an unlock came up and they're all telepathic, lol.

13. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Holy fucking shit, this. I also think you get dealt shittier hands. (2, 6? FML...)

14. Midknight

I just got the Heavy unlock, but man it took forever and was hell. I got lucky and knocked Max and Strong Bad out early. I think one of the keys is to understand they all have their playstyles. Tyco plays safe, and doesn't bluff hardly ever, Max plays like he has no understanding of cars, and Strong Bad likes to bluff a lot. The Heavy is kind of all over the place, but he plays sane, and next to Tyco is the hardest for me to take out.

I'm really surprised that there isn't a multiplayer option with the option of having 4 or 5 rea life friends with them as well, or just friends instead of the characters. I like the interface a lot.

15. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Someone wanna start up a game on DLP TF2? Its lookin' mighty lonely.

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I wasn't aware the server was back. o:

I'll squeeze in a few hours later tonight. :3

17. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Purchased it and downloading atm, I'll definitely be playing some in a while.

18. Antivash

Holy shit. I didn't have too much problem knocking out Heavy, but next game? Strong Bad kicked me, Heavy, and and Max in the first hand. Granted, it was my fault for going all in, but I was certain to win! But then nigger busts out some cheap ass shit. Fft. Who wins on a full house anyway. >_>

But yeah. Multiplayer would be awesome. Probably one of the best poker games evah. And it lacks MP. :< This makes me a sad vashpanda.

Edit; Also: Holy shiiiit. I turned up the talking shit to Gift of Gab and swear on in the options menu. Not sure if it matters or not... But Tycho and Strong Bad... The non-copyright infringing hedgehog bit. Seriously, seriously creepy and LOL.

Beyond that, awesome game but a tad repetitive in the dialogue. >_>

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  19. Midknight

Yeah if you turn on the gift of gab they never shut up, which isn't so bad, but it drives me crazy when they zoom in on the people talking, and you miss some of the tells, like the Heavy adjusting his bandolier sometimes when he's bluffing. Or when they repeat the same dialogue like 3 minutes apart. I seriously thought it only had like 10 minutes of dialogue, then suddenly Tycho starts talking about fucking, literally fucking giraffes.

My favorite so far is that one, and when the Heavy talks about shoving the wrench down the engy's throat and the expressions on everyone's faces.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Same for me.