1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh, do you balme it?

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now tahts jsut anal.

3. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Yup, In future I will hold off on posting when I am tired.

4. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Santi, have you realized that on FF.net you titled chapter 9 as 'chapter 7'? Anyway amazingly good story. 6/5 but had to round down. After going over your annoyingly addictive story multiple times I decided to come here since you mentioned it. I've actually read like 80 pages worth of the crap in the thread while lurking before stopping only because I don't want to spoil myself and they started talking about chapter pieces I couldn't see. I'm waiting for the next FF.net update not so patiently so hurry it up while I continue to distract myself with other great stories to be found on this site.

5. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why are you waiting for FF.net updates, when you can just read the latest updates here?

6. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He probably wants to read the full chapter all at once. I don't blame him, but I still read partial chapter updates in the WbA.

7. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Yeah, something like that. It should be the best form that makes it to FF.net as well.

Also I don't know if he did it on purpose but that scene where Dumbledore destroys the book is similar to the scene where Harry gets rid of Ron's body in his "101 Ways to Kill Ron Weasley" story.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  8. 4arms

4arms Second Year

I am sorry was in hurry and messed up in typing...
    Silverlasso is right in correcting me there:

The duck footness of Viktor shouldn't be ignored as it has been mentioned a couple of times...It is same as Ginny being compared with a cat- either by sitting like one (I think in OoTP) or making sounds like one( read this one too but dont remember). May be I am wrong but I think these characteristics can be used.

9. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

How does one sit like a cat?

10. 4arms

4arms Second Year

curled; it was right after Mr. Weasley was attacked and they were waiting for the news

11. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The thing is, all of these descriptors are commonly used to refer to certain traits. That's a far cry from being able to conclude that they imply specific Animagus forms. I've always thought Animagus forms are influenced more by personality, anyways.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I can't believe we're talking about ducks. Sorry to say that, Santi, but this is currently going the JBern route: Your story is attracting lots of retards.

13. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Well that's some bullshit, thanks. Look at canon animagi:

- Sirius had barking laughter. Dogs bark. Sirius was a dog.
    - Peter was lumpy, skittish thing that most people didn't want to touch. Rats are lumpy and skittish things that most people don't want to touch. Peter was a rat.
    - James Potter's hair stuck up every whichwhere. Antlers stick up every whichwhere. He was a stag.
    - Rita Skeetr bugged people. She was a bug.
    - McGonagall had a pussy. She was a pussy cat.

Logic.

14. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Fuck your logic. We have MAGIC

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Ignored? No. Used as any sort of basis for an animagus form? Also no.

I do not think Ginny was compared to a cat nor do I think that Viktor was being compared to a duck -- at least not in the sense that you seem to think. There are a crapton of "duck-footed" people in the world -- if they were all animagi would they all turn into ducks? Would the millions of people with bark-like laughs turn into dogs? What if a duck-footed person liked to sit in chairs curled up like a cat and had a bark-like laugh?

And god forbid anyone say that Viktor had hawk-like vision -- the poor boy would end up turning into a duck-billed platypus trying to fit in all of the perfectly normal adjectives for a single form.

An Author could go this route if they wanted to. Harry could also be a stag. Hermione could be a literal bookworm (because she was once described as such! :D). Dumbledore could be a bumblebee. You could also argue that Sirius had a bark-like laugh because he had already become an animagus (same with traits for McGonagall, Peter, and Rita) and therefore they had no effect on what the form would be beforehand.

So forth, so on. It could be done the way you seem to want, yes, but in my opinion it's hardly the best way to go.

16. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

It's Santi's story, Santi wants him to be bat. He is bat, he would not become duck.. EOT
    Your argument between, what it's that decides animagus form: physical traits or personality. It is like oldest world argument between, length of the penis and ability of use said penis, which satisfy more women. Each person has his/her own opinion and probably truth lies somewhere between. So maybe now we will talk about penises ?:D

17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've looked in my Occlumency books, and they definitely list Viktor as a bat.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Books? As in, plural? How can you have more than one when they're so rare.:eek:

19. ficfan

ficfan First Year

^@ Knight: You should not question Taure's words. If he said that he had more than one Occlumency book, then he did have.

No, thank you, Feanorrrr. But if you want to talk about penises, I will not hold you. Just talk about them as you want. But for you know, you will just embarrass yourself.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

That's true for now, but my Codex of Soul-Bonds & Smoothie Recipes states that Viktor might achieve his other animagus forms if he gets to drink the Elixir of life after a year's worth of training in a magical trunk.

One of the possible forms is, in fact, a duck.

Not open for further replies.