1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Power Rangers tribute video

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Hashasheen, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

2. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

The original series, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, was awesome back in the day. Not really sure if I want to rewatch and see if it holds up today. I'm thinking no. But after watching the beginning theme for that series and now having the music stuck in my head, I will say one thing about the original series:

Amy Jo Johnson <3

3. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Such memories. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was the last I saw, I never got into the later versions. But it looks like there was quite a lot of seriousness and badassery.
    Sadly, 233 hours is not something I have lying around to go through and get up to speed.
    Great link though.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, when I was a kid I was obsessed with Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. I know now though, it was a horrible show. Bad acting, bad writing, and bad plot. It was repetitive shit, and the effects were horrendously done.

That doesn't mean I don't <3 it though.

I never watched a single episode of the newer series, and probably never will. Power Rangers Dino Thunder? Really?

And holy what the fuck. I just looked at the Power Rangers wiki.

The first, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, was the longest. And it was only 3 seasons long. Wow.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Uh... huh. Suddenly I'm interested.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow. Thanks for the nostalgia wave, guys. Last season I fully watched was SPD and I can hardly believe that was six years ago.

7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Ah god, I remember Power Rangers. I watched MMPR, Turbo, In space, Lost Galaxy, and Light Speed Rescue.

If anyone's interested, Linkara has an ongoing analysis of each season, up to Wild Force. I find the series pretty entertaining actually.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Spoiler: Original Yellow Dies! D:

On topic; Holy shit. This shit is like fucking pokemon. Just when you think they can't make even more, retarded plotlines, Bam! New show!

9. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I am somewhat Ashamed/Proud to admit when I have absolutely nothing to watch between seasons of my favorite shows, I go and rewatch the new power ranger series.

If it's been a long day at work, I will go to youtube and find a playlist for a power ranger season I haven't watched and go to sleep watching it play out.

I still fucking hate lightspeed rescue, but up until the end of lost galaxy I was a consistent fan.

I kind of wish I had kept my power ranger morpher I had when I was a kid with the coins to pass on to my kids. The blade blaster is all for me though :awesome

10. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Power Rangers? Well it makes more sense than Pokemon, I suppose.

I loved this show when I was a kid. Might Morphin' Power Rangers was my life. It got unbearable during Turbo when they made a 10 year old kid the blue ranger :facepalm

Still, I endured. When the cast change happened I was sad. When Tommy, Adam, and everyone left and were replaced. :(

Power Rangers in Space was the perfect end to the series (they expecting cancellation after the failure of Turbo), but it was unexpectedly renewed. PRiS ended the Zordon era and since I was growing up that was when I had stopped watching.

I admittedly returned for the team-up of every red ranger, the entire Dino Thunder season with Tommy back, and the later team-up with Adam.

I can't believe the show is still on. I heard there have been some excellent seasons though, such as Time Force and RPM.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Definitely should have stuck around for Time Force if nothing else.

12. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Anyone remember Beetle Borgs, the spinoff?

13. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

That was a spinoff? I thought it was just someone trying to create a clone show.

But yeah, totally watched it. Can remember exactly nothing about what happened in it, though.

14. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Yeah, maybe I mis-typed. I don't believe it was ever directly related, but it was essentially the same thing with a different theme.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hah, that was awesome too. And weren't some of their outfits recycled for the remnants of the machine army in Forever Red?

16. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Yeah, the rangers fought the green Beetleborg in 'Forever Red.'

Good times.

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Random Trivia no one cares about. Remember that epically awesome PS2 game, Disgaea Hour of Darkness?

Rita Repulsa, from the original MMPR, voiced Laharal.

18. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Denarii Host

I've heard a lot of good stuff about RPM, and I have to say, after watching the the snips with RPM material, I really am considering going back and watching it.

PRiS was my favorite. Followed by SPD, and Mystic Force. I loved the OP from Mystic Force.

Gosh, this music video is amazing.

19. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I ended up watching PRTF but the moment I saw a zord bounce off the sky, my young self said fuck it. That was too unrealistic. Giant mechanical zords were fine, but Sky bouncing was WTF.

The Highlight from my childhood was The intro to the Green Ranger, Green Ranger dismissed, White Ranger saga, PRIS, and lost Galaxy; It peaked there. Fucking Rangers with Swords! Who can say no!

Light speed was fail. Stupid Fireman Guy, so obviously designed to be the perfect hero he was a Sue!

Adams Return was epic! and the very first episode of RPM had my in convulsions of ecstacy.

Nerd moment suppresed...

For NOW!

20. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I watched PR as a kid, too. Outer space series was pretty cool, and the first season, too. I tried watching Mystic later, but it was just too ridiculous. The post-nuclear war season sounds pretty cool though.