1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

With government against zombies

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Hero of Stupidity, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rebuild

A post-apocalyptic game, where you have to reclaim your city from the zombies. It's fairly simple, but if you don't play attention you can easily die. :awesome

Edit: Go here http://twotowersgames.com/games/rebuild-zombie if you want to be able to play the game in fullscreen. The little window was driving me insane.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

On August 21, 2014, Counselor Pimp of Pimpington simultaneously wrote the Constitution of Pimpington, closed the Evil Zombie Portal, cured Zombieism and reclaimed the final city block of Pimpington. Fun little timesink.

3. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

First 50 days was a massive rush to balance between soldiers/builders.

And then I ran out of food - FUUUUUU you cant change them into scavengers. Was a nice little decision you had to make - soldiers or scavengers?

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I sent the first span of the game desperately trying to manage my soldier levels. I couldn't expand too much without leaving the walls unguarded. Eventually got pissed off after losing a few squares. ;-;

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First game I got to 164 days in before I'd conquered every block, had a constitution and closed the portal. Whoresville will live to see another day.

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All my soldiers are losing their eyes in accidents. It's a little disconcerting.

7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Herp of Derp led his city to salvation and civilisation in 183 days. :>

8. Tehan

Soldiers can build decently, but builders are shite at zombie-killing. By mid-game I had a nice food surplus going so I had no scavengers, only a few builders, a half-dozen scientists, one Leader (the aforementioned Counselor Pimp) and all the rest were soldiers. Only rarely did I ever do anything that didn't have the risk driven down to 0% by hordes of soldiers.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

^Lol. After like the 5th time a soldier didn't return from killing zombies with like 2% danger I always made sure it was 0.

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

At day 77 atm. Fucking wish I'd read you couldn't train scavengers. Suddenly I got hit with a bunch of bad food events so I'm quickly running low. Fun game.

Edit. How do I take the city hall? I've sent waves of soldiers in there killing a ton, and I don't see any movement towards capturing the thing.

I added the link the game's main website, where you can play it in fullscreen if that little window pisses you off like it did to me. http://twotowersgames.com/games/rebuild-zombie

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  11. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Could have just won by day 90, not really sure I want to. I haven't sealed the portal yet. I'm going to for a coup de grace and do what Tehan did and win the game in all the way simultaneously.

edit: Damn infested police station ruined it. I had it timed except it was off by one day, and the damn place got infested. It took me 10 more days to finally secure the place. At which point I won the game in three separate ways.

12. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, my run in Harder mode as Carlton of Bel-Air failed spectacularly. Though I was probably asking for it.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I focused on getting a lot of farms early so I wouldn't have to worry about food. Problem was that I forgot about keeping bitches happy and had to rush to build/conquer a bunch of bars and churches.

14. Tehan

I just took everything around it and kept sending in kill-teams at 0% danger until eventually it was clear of zombies. I think City Hall is a zombie spawn point, and the way to proceed is to just keep clearing it out whenever you've got some soldiers to spare until whatever the trigger is to stop the spawning - x amount of zombies killed? y amount of kill-missions into it? Some other factor? - fires, and then you're clear to move in.

All it does is give you the 'Draft Constitution' win condition if you've got six leaders, which I think is a fair bit trickier than the 'Cure Zombieism' one (which just needs a few labs) as well as being more finicky about who can do it than the 'Destroy the Evil Portal' one. Only the 'Claim the Entire City' win condition is more of a pain.

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Could have won by curing the zombie plague early in the game, but chose not to. On day 204 I conquered the last city block, and chose to keep playing. The cure is being researched, and I am drafting a constitution. My score is 277,490. Only 6 people died.

Edit: On day 214, I have conquered the whole city, cured the plague, drafted a constitution, and destroyed the portal from whence the zombies arose. My final score is 310,040.

I eventually built a team of 10 soldiers, all of whom were missing an eye.

16. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Cured the zombie problem at about day 120-something, got a score of 250,000-something, and had fun throughout. Didn't quite feel motivated to finish it off, but it was an awesome little timesink. I quite enjoyed sending out five recurring guys to go on zombie-killing missions and letting them fight through them, go crazy, lose limbs, get scarred and all that, and damn it all if I didn't feel a little disheartened when some of them died.

17. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Fun stuff. I stopped after I researched the zombie cure on day 100-something. From days 20-40 I had serious food shortages, 5 or so people died of starvation, 2 left. I sent all the soldiers on missions to conquer farms, and changed all the apartments that I didn't need to farms.

18. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

All I had were soldiers and scientist. Later in the game I got some builders and an extra leader but up until that point it was me and a shitload of soldiers.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tried a game on harder mode and got absolutely massacred. Wave after wave of ever stronger zombies, with me losing a guy every few days and losing the big farm I was lucky enough to spawn next to.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Major fun. I secured my corner of the map first then expanded as fast as possible out from it Blitzkrieg style.