1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need a little help

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Smore, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Smore

Smore Third Year DLP Supporter

Recently, I decided that I would, after months of pondering finally put my money where my mouth is and stop reading shitty fanfiction. Instead I would use the time to endevour to write my own, or more precisely to write a piece to see if I could write anything of use. At first I thought I'd go for something humerous, but my humour is drier than a Death Valley night, so I instead opted for something more serious. However none of this is actually relevent. I shall now proceed to the point.

It's a 5th year AU, starting in the first Potions class of the term. I decided that I was going to take the simple start of a paired Potion's project, something oft done before I know, but I figured it'd be best to start simple. I spent a couple hours today going over the basic outline and plan for the chapter, but found myself stumped by something rather elementary that I'd overlooked.

What the devil could you use for a Potion's project and have a legitimate reason to string it out longer than a week or two? Granted I was only aiming for about a month, but the vague plan I had of "Go and research something then brew it while supervised in the lab" wasn't really feasible I figured.

Any ideas?

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Polyjuice potion.

3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Veritaserum, Liquid Luck( in HBP they said it takes 6 months to brew it)

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or just make a random potion up and tag a time frame of your choosiing to it. You're really only limited by your imagination in potions.

5. Smore

Smore Third Year DLP Supporter

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably just do this and make one up. I actually completely forgot for a moment that some potions took that long to brew.