1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age 2 Announced.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, Jul 8, 2010.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

The users are giving such negative ratings because of the let down that DA:2 is compared to DA:O, not because the game actually deserves such a negative score.

If I had to rate it, I'd say it's a 8/10, where 1 is fucking broken, 5 is mediocre but playable, 7 is a decent game, and 13 is DA:O.

It's really not a bad game. It's still better than the vast majority of games put out there. The problem is that it's completely different from DA:O, and it's a very lazy attempt. In everything from the reused maps to the tiny amount of conversations (remember in DA:O when you could have on demand conversations with your teammates? Not anymore!), you can tell that the amount of work put into DA:2 pales in comparison to DA:O.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

The user ratings are meaningless - it's a battlefield between disgruntled 4chan /v/irgins and Bioware Defence Force drones with nary an unbiased review in sight. Not defending the game, just saying.

If you need an MMO fix, you could do a lot worse than EVE.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

5. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Are you kidding me?

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

It is so amazingly impracticable that I can't help but be awed.

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Maybe they could have not done retarded shit like that and instead spent their money... you know, making a good game?
    Also, DA 2 is getting like 90% bad feedback on the Bioware forums. The freaking BIOWARE forums. Land of Bioware fanboys galore.

For people who, unlike me, have had more than half an hour with the game: is it true you can't change your party members' armor?

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

They could have done that when they made Origins, too, but they obviously don't care.

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meanwhile, in EA Headquarters!

Guy 1: Hey guys. Hey. Hey, listen to me. Guys, hey. Hey. How about... we have dragons bring Dragon Age II to stores?

Guy 2: Uh...

Guy 3: Dragons don't exist moron.

Guy 1: Oh right...

Guy 2: Well, there are those Komodo Dragon things, but they aren't anything lik--

Guy 1: YEAH THAT'LL DO FUND IT.

10. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Only thing I've been able to do with the party members' armor so far is upgrade it.

11. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Motherfucker.
    Taking all the clothes off of Wynne, Lelianna, and Alistair and running naked through the middle of Denerim was half the fun of Origins.

12. Tehan

13. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

In their terms of service at number eleven. Basically, if you do this you could lose your account and thus access to their games.

Link.

Note what is in bold. I know fanfiction is in the gray area of copyrights and such, so they may have a leg to stand on in revoking your right to play their game after dropping $50 for it. They also mention no refund will be given.

EDIT: Wasn't trying to make sense of his link, just posting that to show there are other things that can get you banned from your games besides shit talking on the bioware forums. Considering this forum, I thought it relevant.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yes, but that doesn't explain Tehan's link. Defamation might, I guess, but that's pretty dumb.

15. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

How childish of them.

16. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

This game sucks ass.

Fuck EA.

Seriously.

17. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't verify how well it works firsthand yet, since I won't actually have my hands on the game until tomorrow (pre-ordered it and it came in the mail on release day, but I'm at college now and it shipped back home instead of here), but here's a mod for that.

18. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Meh, I'll get to test the full game tomorrow as well. Unlike you frothing-at-the-mouth PC players, however, I will most likely enjoy my experience based on the reviews I've read.

Sorry you guys lost your isometric camera though. That was pretty lame for the PC version.

19. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Like oh my gawd, ur so kewl n console, show dose dum pc nerdz.

Newsflash; obsessive exclusivity to a single platform is a console thing, it has its origins in kids unable to afford multiple consoles insulting the rival consoles to convince themselves they weren't missing out.

When I say this is a shit game, I say it because it is a shit game.
    As a crpg following on from DA:O and the likes of Baldurs Gate, it falls flat because it's trying to be a hack n slash game.

But guess what, I like action rpgs too, I've played them since the likes of terranigma. DA2 fails at being a hack and slash too because it gets bogged down trying to be a crpg.

The reason trying to appeal to multiple genres at once is a bad thing is because when you try to do everything, you succed at nothing.

That's just the combat, the level design is full of pure laziness.

Entering one cave to do a quest and then going to a whole new location, a whole new cave, for a whole new quest... and seeing the exact same cave, only with a new kind of enemy, that's just plain bad.

20. Tehan

Wish I saw this earlier, would've added to my doomsaying considerably.

In more recent(ish) news:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who needs the game when you can get just as much fun out of watching the shitstorm? NeoGAF, Digg, and Reddit are joining in the fun. And the moderators are busily locking any thread in the official forums that dares ask about the DRM because, they say, there's an official thread to talk about it, but none of them have responded to the revelation that, hey, DA2 has Securom even though Bioware outright stated that it did not. Meanwhile, the rest of the board is going up in civil war.

Remember that this is the same forum that gave us this. How bad do you have to fuck up to alienate half of the fanbase that considers that normal?

Edit: Teehee.

Double edit: OHO!