1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Frontier

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dr. Strange Lulz, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Free MMO top-down shooter based on the zombie apocalypse.

I'd love to say I found this by being all internet savvy and cool, but the truth is, I saw an IGN article on it a few days ago and decided to give it a shot.

20 classes/professions to choose from, and while they don't lock you into a particular style of play, the ones that provide a service or convey stat-bonuses are actually rather well thought out.

Basic leveling/stat structure. Gain a level, get points to throw into skills and proficiencies. A mistake I made on my first character was to spread out my skill points instead of focusing on a select few.

Currently playing a doctor, so people pay me to apply medicines for them. (You'll pick up a medic item, you can apply it to yourself and get 18% health back, or you can pay a Doctor to do it and you'll get 50% back)

The economy isn't bad, low level players undercutting on the marketplace can get a bit annoying, and certain things can be rather expensive, but once you hit level 10 things balance out pretty nicely.

As you level you start venturing further out into the city in search of better loot. Loot runs are fun and will force you to be on your toes the entire time, it can be pretty creepy out there.

Anybody else playing this?

If you decide to, add me: Doctor Strange Lulz

2. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I'll try it out, name is Gizmore.

3. artenry

artenry Guest

Look me up if you're around. Player ID: artenry

4. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm already playing as TrueLionheart. The game has a nice way of making money for those who don't want to work. Services. Some guy writes a background story for your character or clan and you pay him around 10-20k. Sig making which has no really good people at all there so I know some of you will be able to sweep that market, and finally for those who don't mind some boring running and dodging delivery boys. Also a protip on classes the best ones for making money in game are Scientists, Farmers, and the Doctors. If you want to fight alot use Soldier, Firemen, or Policemen. If you want to explore and loot Athlete. The rest of the classes are completely useless. Also you can start guild once you reach level 25 and have a certain number of posts. Some guilds are just there to be there others are economic and/or military forces. Though right now the market is inflated so buying in bulk what you can find is bad.

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Got killed by a flaming zombie. Fuck this bullshit. :facepalm

6. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

My IGN is Darje and I have slain many zombies with my trusty penknife as the student class. I got swarmed once because of retards blasting their firearms and drawing zombies from all over the zone. Then I found a baseball bat and my fights started to look like that one scene from Shawn of the Dead where they ran circles around the zombie while hitting it.

7. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

I must be retarded, because I can't figure out how to add people and then play with them. I tried earlier with some friends.

edit: Wow, nevermind. My ID is Poobah.

8. Hashasheen

Hiding out in Nastya's Holdout. What's the difference between it and others?

9. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The level of the monsters that attack you and the prices of things in the shop. At holdout lower level items cost more than at Fort Pastor or doggs because of the lower level people there where as in Fort higher level things are more expensive.

10. Hashasheen

... So how exactly do you do that?