1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I find it awesome that you didn't mention Harry in your list -- at least you admit that he's a piece of shit in your fic.

2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Didn't I said believable relationships?:)

Also, when did this thread become about Renegade Cause? Back on topic!

So the tournament is for 17 yr olds only, and that means that the next years plot will be Harry, hanging out at Durmstrang with his pseudo girlfriend and best friends girlfriend for a year? Sounds exciting. How do you get Tri-Wizard stuff without deviating from Harry?

3. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

You get all the triwizard stuff through letters and the main focus turns into Harry trying not to die by being trapped in the school with two girls that can't stand each other of course!

It was my understanding the members of the visiting schools went as well. Yes, only seventh years are able to compete but why should that stop younger students from going?

4. inspiratieloos

inspiratieloos Muggle

I can see Durmstrang's standpoint being: Sure you can come, as long as you pass all your end of year tests.

Voldemort has met both Nathan and Harry. Maybe he decided that Harry must have used his power to protect Nathan that night and puts his name in the goblet, or even better, he doesn't know which one to pick and there'll be 5 champions.

5. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'd say it'd be more along the lines of Karkaroff wanting to show off what became of Harry after he left Hogwarts and received the education he sought. I got the impression that Karkaroff and Maxime wanted to show off to Dumbledore and Hogwarts in GoF (their entrances, if nothing else). Don't see why that wouldn't extend to students. This counts doubly if Santi takes the route of adding further competitions to the Tournament (academic, for example).

6. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

When the Durmstrang/Beauxbatons students come to Hogwarts, would they really have to stay there the entire time? While Durmstrang's usual standard for getting into the next year is being able to cast the spells covered and the final project/exam, at Hogwarts there would be no one teaching Spellcrafting and a different cirriculum of spells covered in class (a 6th year Durmstrang course is more advanced than a Hogwarts course).

I don't see how the students could fit into the Hogwarts classes, so they'd need their own teachers. And no doubt the two visiting schools would want a decent amount of people at the tasks... it would make sense for the majority to be transported at the time of the tasks/events. It may be different for the Champions, locked into a magical contract as they are.

7. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

We've discussed this multiple times before, but why does the tournament have to be 17 year olds only? Santi can do whatever he wants with the Triwizard; just because there was an age limit in GOF doesn't mean there has to be one in this story.

8. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Another solution to get Harry to stay for the tourney:

We already know that Voldemort seeks to drive a wedge between Harry and Nathan. There is little better way to force the two brothers to oppose each other than to ensure that they both compete.

We all know that Harry has never felt any desire to prove himself better than his brother.
    <_<

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This. When Harry comes to Hogwarts the whole scenario from first year where everyone thought he was jealous of his brother comes back to him and he starts kicking some serious ass.

10. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Someone mentioned only older (like 7thyear) students being able to go to the hosting school.

I will just leave this: Gabrielle

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bad example. I always assumed that Gabrielle was brought to Hogwarts specially to be Fleur's hostage in the second task. She wasn't even old enough to be a first year.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  12. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

If that was the case wouldnt the other hostages be similar to her? Other sibilings, parents...
    Instead they were a one time date and future friend of sorts, a best friend (very gay hahaha) and a recent girlfriend

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

They were, apparently "the one they would miss the most", although canon does not elaborate but either the hostages were decided by the Headmasters/School Professors, or some spell(?)

14. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

... what?

I hate the idiots that this thread sometimes spawns.

15. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

What, you think Ron being the thing Harry would miss most didnt sound kinda gay?
    ofc there werent any other options but still...

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    'Sup, Alexeyy?

(For the record, no, we're not so sexually insecure that we don't think people can express male-male affection without worrying about looking gay.)

17. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I'd heard that Gabrielle was Fleur's hostage because they enjoy pegging each other.

Makes sense, right?

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck yeah. No gays in Durmstrang.

/homophobes hard.

To be fair to OKiGo, I don't think he's suggesting that he hates the gays, more that it was a little weird for Harry to miss Ron the most out of anyone.

And that's where he dun fucked up.

At that stage, Harry is a fourteen year old boy. He doesn't have any huge romance in his life or any close personal family members. All he really has are his two best friends because, y'know, he's an isolated douche sometimes. It's not weird that Harry's hostage was Ron. It would have been quite fuckin' strange for it to be anyone else at that point in his life.

Anyway, massive derail is massive and at the end up the day OkiGO is still a faggot for writing "(very gay hahaha)."

Because come on... really?

19. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Better Ron than Ginny. That would've been a swing and a miss. Hell, his sudden infatuation with Ginny in HBP was a swing and a miss anyway.

On topic, I'm pretty interested to see who Santi might choose as Harry's hostage should he be in the Tournament.

20. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Canon Harry relationship with Ginny wasn't a swing and miss. He heard Dean bragging how she gives some good neck and went to find out just how good it was.

Not open for further replies.