1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Yes, but he ended up marrying her. It's fail in my books.

This. I think Harry will end up going, and I doubt Calypso would be willing to stay behind if he's not there. This is probably how the fact that he's dating a Rosier will get out. Can't wait to see the tension that'll arise then.

2. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

The fact that she's Draco's cousin will probably be the main source of conflict in regards to Nathan and Ron. I'd like for the elder Potters to be more reasonable though, given Sirius' family background.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Assuming The Santi doesn't create new tasks of his own.

4. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

I think the Malfoys' reaction to her being courted by Harry would be pretty interesting as well. Imagine if Draco were to try to 'court' her while Harry was right there, unaware of the fact.

It might be pretty funny to see Harry kick his ass/arse. That could also be a way to reveal that he and Calypso are dating.

@Taure
    Well, everything we do is under assumption, I suppose. As likely as it is that Harry goes to Hogwarts, we have no way of confirming anything unless The Santi tells us outright. But yes, you're right. Assuming The Santi doesn't change the original format of the Tournament.

5. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Considering the numerous asskickings Calypso gave Draco while she stayed with the Malfoys for a summer, to learn how to act like a proper Lady from Narcissa, I doubt he'll try anything with her. He'll find himself a nice, submissive witch who won't give him any backtalk.

Most likely he'll use it as an opportunity to needle Nathan and Ron, like when Harry threatened Ron in the Great Hall and Draco chimed in with his witty commentary, egging Harry on. I'm kinda hoping we'll see more of that, Draco dropping remarks in Nathan's presence about how atleast one Potter acts like a proper wizard (Durmstrang, dark arts and courting a pureblooded witch from a 'good family').

6. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Are you sure that happened? I remember that she stayed with the Malfoys for a summer, but not something that specific.

7. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

The way things are going now, there's a clear separation between the events of original canon/Nathan (which has pretty much been on rails following the original book where possible), and the story of Harry. If Harry becomes Durmstrang's representative in the Triwizard, he'll be slamming those two worlds together more thoroughly than before. That's fine, if that's what Santi wants.

Or Harry can stand on the sidelines, and the result could be just as interesting. Finding an excuse for bringing Harry over to Hogwarts as a non-competitor is the easiest thing in the world: for example, given his friendship with Krum and his immense talent, he could be a sort of advisor/trainer/task spy for Durmstrang. This route would allow Santi to preserve quite a bit of the separation between the two brothers' storylines.

Either way could make for a great story - looking forward to seeing how Santi plays it.

8. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

I don't doubt that the elder Potter's would be more reasonable than the teenagers who screamed "Dark Magic" at the list of defensive spells Harry provided.

I doubt however that they'll be happy or even that understanding. Calypso is a close familial relation to the Malfoy's, and virtually every one of her family members was part of the rabid pro-Voldemort group. In fact, IIRC, there's some personal bad blood between the Rosiers and the Potters. I seem to recall Romulus telling Harry that he and James fought each other personally at various points during the war. Given that history, and the knowledge that it's Calypso who pushed Harry to advance in his Dark Arts classes, deep suspicion of Calypso seems to me to be the most likely response.

Also, Nathan is the BWL and the Potters aren't going to want him in any way more exposed to Voldemort's supporters than he has to be, which is another reason they wouldn't be supportive of a Harry/Calypso relationship. Lily did after all hear from Snape that one of Harry's memories involved Calypso spying on the Potter family and Nathan in particular.

Yeah it did. Summer after first year, (Chapter 7). Calypso's letter to Harry relates her time at the Malfoys and she says,

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  9. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Besides, Sirius probably told his friends how dark magic was bad, his family was bad and how glad he was to be outside their influence. Calypso is err unlikely to do that.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed. Hell, I'm still convinced that she's out for Harry's blood and that the marriage contract is complete bull.

11. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

I don't think that the marriage contract is complete bull. I think her father is the one who has plans for Harry behind his back.

At least that would explain why Harry felt that Calypso was telling the truth, when she said, that she isn't keeping more secrets. While at the same time something felt off, it technically isn't a lie, if it's her father keeping secrets.

12. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Weren't the Weasley twins angry that the goblet of fire event was before their birthday...?

That would make the entering age about 15-16 considering they were 1 yr older than canon Harry...

Also the Drumstrang Students went to sit with the slytherins, that fact might hurt Nathan....And if Harry goes to Hogwarts, Everyone will know how much he knows about the dark arts thus rendering his words null and void(atleast to Nathan), seeing the negative reactions of his friends and family...Harry might be persuaded towards darkness( though not literally)

13. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

How will everyone know how much he knows about dark arts? We don't know if The Santi plans to alter the tournament, but if he does then Harry can just exercise a little subtlety to avoid alienating his brother, and if the tournament stays the same as canon then there's really no need at all to use any dark magic, since none of the three tasks really call for it.

14. Nooblet

Nooblet Sixth Year DLP Supporter

They were two years older than him. They're birthday was about 6 months after the GoF ceremony.

15. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

This.

The Santi's been emphasizing how Calypso always seems to be telling the truth. Harry felt it through Legilimency. Even things from her perspective seem genuine, like during her birthday scene.

16. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I can see Potters wishing that Calypso wasn't Harry's friend (or more), but I really doubt they'd do anything about it. And, tbh, I think they're still happy that he has friends at all, considering what happened at Hogwarts.

17. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really can't see how they wouldn't freak out. Even a little. I mean come on. The back story of why they would freak out is all there, laid out perfectly.

18. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

^ Exactly.

There's a reason Harry keeps Calyso's last name secret. He expects his parents to freak out.

19. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

While I do agree that´s the reason why Harry keeps Calypso´s last name a secret, I don´t believe that Harry´s parents would freak out, at least not in front of him. What would that accomplish, because I doubt a Teenager would listen to his parents telling him to break off a relationship.

They would worried about him and may talk to him about it,sure. But freaking out in front of him would accomplish only the opposite.

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes because every parent ever doesn't completely abandon that guideline when they're freaking out about their son's friend's family being full of murderers with motive to kill him.

Oh and stop using ` instead of '. It's fucking annoying.

Not open for further replies.