1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age 2 Announced.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Trafalgar

Trafalgar First Year

This is a great article which sums up my feelings on this game.

Maybe it's just the fact I really liked Origins, but I can't help but think this game fails so completly. Their big combat change, for me, was a giant step back from Origins. Sure the attack speeds in Origin and some mechanics were screwed, but at least they didn't have the supper invisable reinforcments that don't seem to end.

All up I didn't even finish a playthrough. The sweet gamebreaking friendship bug hit me and I couldn't be fucked fixing something Bioware should have caught in play testing. All up a dissappointment and a waste of $45.

2. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Interesting. Apparently, they're offering PC users a free download of Mass Effect 2 as part of the promotion for buying DA2. Expires April 30th. Could this in any way be related to some of the backlash DA2 has gotten?

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Probably related to the nosedive in sales. And note that the copy of ME2 they're flogging does not come with the Cerberus Network (basically a DLC bundle that usually comes free with the game, designed to be a kick in the balls to anyone that buys secondhand), which they charge fifteen bucks for. So they're setting themselves up for another backlash here.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Might be a stupid question, but it was a PITA with Oblivion, so...

Every time you want to play this game do you have to have the DVD in the drive like you did for Oblivion? I haven't done much gaming on computers outside of "online gaming" options, which you have to log into, so I don't know what the standard is.

I know it's possible to use MagicISO or something to make a virtual copy of the game, or something along those lines, and get around it that way, but it's really a hassle.

So barring "tricking" the system somehow, does the DVD have to be in the drive to play this game?

5. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

a dvd check is used, yes.

Acquire no-cd crack, keep original .exe backed up, and play happily.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Thanks JohnThePyro. Last question -- could you get around it by buying this version? Since it's a download to begin with and all. And it says you save it in your games library or something if you want it again.

Eh, might not even bother. That review someone linked earlier makes me want to play the original one instead.

7. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Actually, no, the PC version does not have a disk check, if you're referring to DA2. You can play the game without having the CD in the drive.

8. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Here's hoping the key can be activated on Steam. EADM has to be one of the worst digital distribution sytems around.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Lmfao, they're not including that? Sad. ME2 was a filler game that took a little bit of really well done storyline, and then stretched it to fill an entire game of collect a squadmate. So two subpar games when compared to their original, bundled together. Nice.

10. Trafalgar

Trafalgar First Year

The smell of desperation is strong. I personally enjoy that this is to reward all their loyal fans. The fact ME2 racked up 2 million sales in the first week, it's hard to believe the majority of loyal fans don't already have the game, considering it been out for well over a year now.

And here I was hoping they would release a patch to actually fix the game. :facepalm

11. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  12. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Not totally multiplayer, a multiplayer component. I dunno, co-op with a friend, doing some badass combos could be pretty fuckin epic brah.

13. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

It goes against every single thing DA:O stood for, which was deep, engrossing SINGLEplayer.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  14. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe I'm just tired, but is that a typo or sarcasm? >_>

15. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

That my friend, was pure stupidity.

I've been up all night :facepalm.

16. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Hope its something like what Demon Souls did, if it has to have multiplayer.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hope the wing they design this game in burns to the ground before it can get off the ground, but we all can't have what we want.

18. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I laugh at the "RAAARRRG NO MULTIPLAYER IN MY DRAGON AGE" rage.

Maybe it's just because I remember DA:O being hailed as the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate, it's not like having multiplayer ruined Baldurs Gate now is it?

19. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Spiritual Successor. Bioware RPGs play nothing like Baldur's gate. And changing that gameplay to the extent that would be necessary to have multiplayer would ruin the entire point of playing these RPGs in the first place. If I want to play a fucking RPG, I want to play an actual RPG, like KOTOR or DA:O. If I want multiplayer, I'll go play Halo.

Or, you know, Dragon Age the way it would be with multiplayer: Fable 3. Many features, none of them polished.(Or much fun)

In short, fuck you.

20. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    And here I thought the franchise would never get any lower.
    Oh Dragon Age, why are they raping you so?