1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PSN Fail - You've been hacked

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Styx0444, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Store is up but the free things are not there yet.

2. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

From Reuters

You know part of me is laughing at Sony and part of me feels bad because it's starting to feel like laughing at a retarded kid being picked on.

3. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Except it's a retarded bully. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

4. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Unsurprisingly, the PSN is getting hammered right now. It's definitely possible to pick up your free shit at the moment, but after doing it myself, I can't recommend it.

Wait until later.

EDIT: If you try anyways and things wind up fucking up for you, go here to get your free stuff:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion (Or whichever SCE region you're in)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  6. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

So, these attackers seem to have decided to branch out and spread their wings after focusing solely on Sony and affiliates:

Full story here

Definitely seems Nintendo fared rather better than Sony, but maybe this is a sign that Lulz have, perhaps, been attacking as many game servers as they can and that it is only Sony which has wilted against the attacks.

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just to clarify, so far as we know, LulzSec had nothing to do with the PSN attacks. Their "million user account details" came from the SonyPictures SQL-injection hack. I think that's the only Sony related hack they've done, or at least it's the only one I remember right now.

I though that LulzSec's hack and exposure of an FBI-affiliated company which was involved in hacking against foreign countries [attacking Libyan infrastructure?] only a day after Obama announced that the US now considers hacking to be an act of war, was fucking hilarious. Stupidly ballsy, but hilarious.

As for Nintendo, it's probably best to just quote Wikipedia on it:

8. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Fair enough. And lol at their statement - Mario Kart/ Tennis/ World ftw!

9. yak

I spoke too soon. LulzSec stole Sony Computer Entertainment’s Developer Network source code and put it up on Mediafire for public download 3 hours ago. I don't really know what that developer source code is, or even whether it's associated with PSN, or SOE, or part of some other Sony gaming thing.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/ha...-sony-computer-entertainments-developer-code/

10. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't understand shit about hacking, but it scares the crap out of me. These people could probably turn on my laptop from a remote location and have it strangle me in my sleep.

11. yak

Some insightful speculation on what the Sony Developer Network hack might mean for everyone can be found here. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/tec...arrested-group-leaks-sony-database-57296.html

Robert Cavanaugh, an alleged member of LulzSec was arrested by the FBI. LulzSec say that they don't even know who Cavanaugh is. Around the same time one of LulzSec's chat servers went down and the group claimed that a military cyber-attack against them was in progress.
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/technology/following-arrest-lulzsec-still-going-strong-57312.html