1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Possible ME3 Announcement

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fuubar, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Yeah I really liked the sniper rifle in ME2. I was a bit put off when I couldn't use one for my second playthrough in which I was a Vanguard, since my first playthrough was as a soldier.

I heard that you will be able to use all the weapons regardless of class in ME3 though, but only the Soldier can use them at once.

2. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Get out of my brain.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Considering I never used anything but the sniper rifle and assault rifle, thats awesome, as it means I can pick a different class WHILE using those things.

I get the feeling i'll play a soldier first time around through ME3 anyway, as thats what i've always played.

4. Anya

I got annoyed when I ran out of ammo fighting the
    human reaper
    at the end of ME2 and had to run around to find more. So I'm going to use my Vanguard Shep.

EDIT: [​IMG]

Bad lighting, but there she is, Aelia Shepard.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Are we comparing Fem!Shep pics now? :p

Here's my Fem!SoldierShep. Right now, I'm stopped at about halfway through my second playthrough.

[​IMG]

6. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Adepts can use biotic blades to kill in close melee? Fuck yes. Hrith Shepard is gonna slay some bitches, son.

7. Anya

Don't they have simular things in Naruto? Chakra blades? I'm only guessing since I've only ever read about them in fan fics. Haven't gotten that far in the anime.

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Asuma's primary weapons are basically trench knives that he adds wind chakra to in order to extend and sharpen, so yeah.

Not that Naruto was the first thing to come up with energy blades, though. That shit's everywhere.

9. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well...I'm still hoping that they'll ramp up the RPG elements from ME2 (and cut out the planet scanning, or at least improve it), but that looks as if it'll be a good enough action game that I won't mind too much.

/crosses fingers.

11. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Am I the only one thinking this looks like shit? This is a damn consolegame ported to PC, that never works out good for pc players. :(

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You bite your tongue. ME3 is made of epic and win, and will be awesome on every console.

13. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

ME2 played just fine for either console or PC, I never had any problems, so I don't have many fears here. I think the make or break this game, for me at least, is how open ended the ending will be based on your actions in the previous two games.

They said they were constrained by ME2, since it had to basically set-up 3. If that drop the ball on incorporating all those past decisions, I will be let down. Regardless, I'm going to play the fuck out it.

14. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

GOD DAMN IT, BIOWARE. THIS BETTER BE FAKE.

15. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

That better be some sick joke of theirs like what they did with the kinect rumors.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Unless you've heard something I haven't in the last few hours, there will be Kinect compatablitity.

Only to the extent of choosing dialogue options and issuing squad orders, true, but it'll be there.

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It actually goes deeper than that, but that's all they've shown so far. According to the president of EA when he was asked if you couldn't just do the squad and dialogue things with a mic, the kinect features haven't all been seen yet.

Multiplayer rumors are BS, the original source of the most recent rumor uses terms like "huge-ass" and "crap-loads" I'll take Bioware's word over that.

Demo looked amazing, can't wait to see my adept's biotic blade. According to Bioware, ME3 is supposed to be the most replayable of the 3 games.

Broke my femur about a month ago so I've got nothng better to do than watch every second of E3 coverage and go back to fucking around with ME1, trying to get the perfect game.

18. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    'Kay.

[​IMG]

Katherine Shepard, Adept with Assault Rifles weapon spec. and a mod to give her the Vanguard's Charge ability (which I don't use that often, but I was jealous of Tela Vesir in LotSB). Plus another mod to give her the Renegade scars regardless of the actual scores. I think it fits the "I was just dead," thing better. :rolleyes:

:awesome

19. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

No it was the jokes that the developers made when the first kinect rumors came out. Instead of telling us then about the voice commands it was just them complaining about how playing the game made their arms tired and how you may control Shepard using it. I was not amused when I read that the first time but now they have revealed the voice commands so I'm less annoyed.

20. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Got to see some Sentinel gameplay, what I considered to be the crappiest class from ME2 just made my jaw drop.

Biotic powers were sick, Singularity got an updated look, and Throw really had you feeling the speed and power.

Seems like the Sentinel melee is an Omni Falcon Punch, he knocked the hell out of a couple of guys with it. There was also a moment where a geth attacked Shep with an omni blade.

The footage is considered unfinished and Bioware was not happy about it being leaked so the vid is down from Youtube, but a few people downloaded it and are uploading to various sources right now.

The more I see, the more I like. Can't wait.

Leaked Footage

Soldier Omni-Blade at 0:06
    Singularity at 0:13
    Grenades at 0:17
    Varren owning Cerberus douche at 0:32
    Throw (looks like a low powered Throw or Warp) at 0:37 and 0:42
    Pistol-Whipping awesomeness at 0:47
    Throw or Warp at 0:51
    Omni-Falcon Punch at 1:07 and a slightly different one at 1:34
    Throw or Warp at 2:00

Clearly a few different classes being played there, but it looks pretty good. Shooter aspects have clearly been taken up a notch and movement is definitely cleaner and smoother. I really hope they focused as much effort into the RPG elements.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011