1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Descriptions in German spells are in Latin.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I just had an idea, and I'm not sure how it would work out. If Harry becomes Durmstrang's Champion and advances to the final round as expected, would it be completely implausible that he reaches the cup while Nathan doesn't? In the book, Cedric got pretty close but chose to do the whole win together thing. Harry doesn't necessary have to follow that path. The only problem would be what happens to Voldemort's resurrection. But if he does resurrect, Harry would be the only one (not including Voldemort's followers), to know about it. But that's all just stuff popping around my head.

Anyways, I'm glad Harry's behaviors was explained further. The idea with the false memory is nice, although it doesn't make sense why Ivan would do something like that.

The doberman scene was cute, and a nice break from all the dark tensions around the story. All in all, this was a nice chapter.

3. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

If there's no age limit is Crouch Jr even needed at Hogwarts to enter Nathan? Nathan can enter his own name for Hogwarts champion, so it would be a bit awkward if he finds himself as the 3rd and 4th champions. (if it's even possible)

Which makes me wonder if Nathan could even get picked as Hogwarts champion. He's a mirror of canon Harry and we all know that up until that point Harry wasn't exactly the greatest student. He has plenty of courage and will power, but I think that there are a lot of 7th years that'd get picked over him. Canon Harry got picked because he was the only name entered under a 4th school.

In fact, Harry getting picked as champion for his school and not Nathan would be a bit of justice for Harry. Harry left Hogwarts for two reasons; he was ahead of the curriculum and he was stuck in his brother's shadow. The Triwizard tournament is his chance to step out from that shadow and prove himself to the world. That's how I see it at least. Whatever Santi does will awesome.

4. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Have we all forgotten Crouch Jr.? If Harry takes the place of Durmstrang champion over Krum, well... remember, Krum was Imperiused to curse Cedric. Imagine the possibilities that might pose...

5. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

That curse doesn't work on Harry. We don't even know Nathan will be a champion. It's pure conjecture for a variety of reasons.

Also, I wonder if anyone will find out who Harry is really dating. He might try to keep it a secret. Perhaps, Hermione will go to the ball with the Durmstrang champion after all...

6. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I don't remember reading about that Calypso was, you know injured, aside from the failed animagus transformation. Did I miss something, somewhere?

7. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

The second time Harry was attacked in the library. It was in his first year I believe.

8. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Calypso was hit by a mis-cast entrail expelling curse which had been aimed at Harry Potter. Because it was mis-cast the curse acted in a non-standard manner and destroyed some of Calypso's internal organs. They were regrown over some days with potions in Lady Shluga's medical ward.

Harry used Krum and a babbling curse to distract Lady Shluga so that he could sneak in to check up on Calypso. That was the first time that Harry met Rosier Sr.

Do you remember it now?

9. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

thanks:D it had been a while since I read the first chapters.

10. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Aside from paying homage to canon, it's unclear to me why Voldemort's minions should bother with the whole Triwizard portkey graveyard thingee. It's an extremely contrived way to draw a vial of blood and has a thousand or so ways it could all go wrong. A far easier way to accomplish the same thing is to just have Voldemort's agent sneak in and do a Polyjuice body swap with Pomfrey and draw Harry's blood under some odd medical pretense. With the right mix of memory charms, nobody would even need to know it had happened.

Heck, Voldemort could already be resurrected and nobody would be the wiser (except those lucky few with Dark Marks).

11. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

True, although Dumbledore would likely be aware within a couple of hours through Snape.

12. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Unless the way you take a blood is a part of the ritual itself and you need to have a victim at hand - "blood of the enemy, forcibly taken". Though, that would only explain why they kidnapped him, not why they bothered with the whole Triwizard plot.

13. bastur2

bastur2 DA Member

I really don't understand why you lot are so interested in the tournament.

I my view, the fifth year will be the more interesting, with the return o Voldemort.

What will happen them, after all not not only the father of his girlfriend is a deatheater, but so are his headmaster.

14. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

You make some valid points newbie (or long time lurker?)...this requires a great deal of thought. Ignore the fools discussing the tournament and stuff. Tell me, what do you think will happen in the fifth year? I'm dying to know.

15. bastur2

bastur2 DA Member

Loong time lurker.​

English is not my first language, so I usualy keep myself out of the discussion. ​

But, to answer your question, I would like to see some closure to the wedding contract plot.​

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  16. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Well if Karkaroff is anything like canon, he's not really a Death Eater anymore. He gave up all of his compatriots to get out of prison. He was so terrified of Voldemort coming back that he ran away. Nothing in his background has changed, why should his behavior? And if he runs, it has little to no effect on Harry.

Rosier Sr. is more interesting, the question there is whether he'd actually want to rejoin the Death Eaters. That cause killed his son once and injured him so badly he was presumed dead. He has a daughter who would be left alone if he dies and a comfortably isolated life he seems to enjoy. Does he believe in pureblood superiority so fanatically that he'd been willing to sacrifice his life for the cause? People's motivations change as they get older.

And if he did choose not to come back, would Voldemort send people after him like they did Karkaroff? He doesn't live in England anymore and is presumed dead and so has little influence there anymore. He never sold out other death eaters a la Karkaroff, so betrayal isn't a reason to hunt him down. He's another highly skilled wand sure, but I don't know it that quality is worth Voldemort sending out men (and probably losing several of them) to bring him in if he doesn't want to be there.

yak
  17. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Well, I'm not so sure he is still a highly skilled wand. It all depends on how much that injury that left everyone assuming he was dead really did to him. We know his reputation, but we haven't really seen him in a situation that would really put him in any danger.

We do know that he wasn't subject to the oaths that most teachers are. Well, he wasn't subject to all of them at any rate, and Voldemort has an interest in Harry but not in hurting him so I don't know that a whole lot will change unless Voldemort sees Harry's progress as being a potential threat.

Which side would Calypso choose? It is hard to say for a variety of reasons, but I thought that part of the reason we saw her independent streak in the last chapter was to point out that she could and would stand up to her father when needed.

When I read that scene the first thing I thought of was that The Santi was setting up her loyalty to Harry now in case that there would be a parting of the ways between her and her father over the whole Voldemort issue. If that would be the case, we might end up seeing a similar situation to that of Sirius once he was of age. Calypso living in the Potter household could cause tensions to rise of that I have no doubt.

There are a lot of ways this can go. Personally, the reason I'm more interested in 4th year than the 5th is because if Harry is present at Voldemort's resurrection then he may find out that it was Voldemort in Quirrell's body during first year, and that his parents, his brother, and Dumbledore all kept it from him. To be fair, they weren't sure if he was being possessed at that time, but it also explains why the Potter's are extra leery about Harry learning the Dark Arts. There is the possibility that he was influenced by the Dark Lord and that makes them extra jumpy.

18. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

If Karkaroff does run off like he did in canon, then I'm betting Romulus Rosier as a potential candidate for becoming the new highmaster. That would be an interesting plot to see, since Romulus will almost certainly be flocking to Voldemort's banner once again.

19. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I'm looking forward to the DoM fight more than the graveyard. That might be Harry's coming out. Harry in canon tried to Crucio Bella after Sirius died. I'd like to see him in some sort of rage casting the deadliest spells he knows right in front of the Order and/or DA.

I personally don't think Rosier Sr. cares more about the Dark Lord than he does his daughter. I don't think we'll see that really split them up. It may be similar to the Malfoy's in canon but with Calypso obviously siding with Harry I don't think it'll even get that far.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  20. Equinox

Equinox Seventh Year

Personally, from what I have interpreted of Rosier Sr., he wouldn't be all that vested in Voldemorts cause, once he returns. Seems to me his goals are all about the supremecy of his family (perhaps why he joined Voldemort in the first place) and that while he may be favourable or believe in Voldemort's cause, with the current position of his family he would be unlikely to return to Voldemort, and if he did, in as limited a role as possible.

He also seems to care about Calypso a great deal, so I doubt he would take any action that would mean a break with her.

Not open for further replies.