1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I honestly can't remember him killing anyone but Snape, and that kill was reasonable.

Controlling his followers by fear is one thing, torturing them for no reason is another. He was cruel, he had no morals, but he was also, in a manner of speaking, just.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a difference between punishment and throwing around curses for no reason. We know Voldemort uses the Cruciatus to punish on rare occasions (the Graveyard, the incorrect information about retrieving the prophesy). But if he threw around the curse regularly or just to make his followers scared of him, he wouldn't have many followers for long.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    People who do that just fail at showing the relationship between him and his death eaters, so they say he hands out crucio like it is candy. Fucking idiots

4. Shymer

Shymer Third Year

When the goblins tell Voldemort that they have been robbed in book 7, he killed every one in the room. Those kills were not reasonable.

Edit for Taure's post: the guys inside the room were his followers if I remember right.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Who cares about Goblins? Filthy creatures.

(Also, he was talking about Voldemort not killing his own followers. Obviously he kills other people all the time).

6. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

My idea of the scene when Harry introduces Calypso.

Just trolling. :facepalm

7. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Considering they are 14, this could very well be the conversation.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I wonder if Victor will break up with Kira before the TWT, or if they stay together.

9. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Here's my two cents.

In canon, as soon as Voldecoot came back, he summoned every former DE to him using the mark. Karkaroff wasn't there and neither was Snape, so basically anyone who doesn't appear will be labeled as a traitor or a coward and dealt with accordingly. So with this in mind, I ask you, WHAT do you think will happen if Rosier doesn't return? He's intelligent, and he seems a lot like Malfoy (putting his own interests and the interests of his house ahead of Voldemort's), so I think he would rather go back to Voldemort and KNOW that he's safe with him than incur his wrath by not being there and being branded as a traitor. Here's a thought; what if Nathan finds out about Calypso, Rosier, etc, and finds out Rosier is among those returned Death Eaters! Can you picture THAT reaction? Heh.

As to Voldemort randomly killing those goblins, well, it could be argued that they knew too much about the Horcrux, even if they didn't know what it was exactly, and that once he calmed down, he decided NOT to kill Bella and Lucius because a) they didn't know EXACTLY what it was and b) they were too valuable, as tainted as their reputations had become.

Just my two cents. Please feel free to tear 'em down.

10. X Kronos X8

X Kronos X8 Fifth Year

Narcissa Malfoy, although you could argue that her involvement really had nothing to do with trust.

11. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Also, on the topic of Rosier returning to Voldemort, I know that I wouldn't be to eager to join a side that pinned all of their hopes on a teenager. That says something about the light side and what even they think of their chances.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  12. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Exactly! Plus they're not so subtly trying to make Harry Dark, and they KNOW what he's capable of, so why not back a side with all the aces up their sleeves? XD

13. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Are you assuming that Harry is going to back Voldemort? I can't really see that happening, something really drastic would have to happen for Harry to betray his family like that. Calypso isn't a good reason because she seems to be pretty loyal to Harry now, to the point she would disobey her father if he wanted her to take the Dark Mark. I think she would run to him for help if her father tried that.

14. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Er... that's not really what I meant. I meant THEY, as in Voldemort, Rosier, and the others, etc.

While on the subject of Calypso, I have a question to ask: why doesn't she feel any guilt for Harry essentially being brutally tortured for something SHE did? Yeah, I know she's not exactly fluffy and introspective, but she still cares about Harry and it's something SHE did that caused it.

15. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Have we seen from her POV since that happened, do we know that she doesn't feel any guilt for it? It can be safely assumed she does, like you said, she cares about Harry.

16. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

She thinks that it's just a memory charm, not real.

17. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Damn, forgot that conversation she had. The only thing she thinks it did was make him more... dark or dangerous I guess. Calypso views that as a good thing, hell even I do, it makes for a more interesting character.

18. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

When Voldemort killed some goblins and Death Eaters, it was when he learned that the trio had stolen his horcrux. That way, Voldemort discovered that his secret was discovered by his nemesis. This discovery caused much confusion and fear of his own death as he is acted reasonably as he is. A tyrant who seeks to enslave their society and annihilate the muggles. Rage blinded him and sent a left and right after another killing curse (Bellatrix and the Malfoys survived because they made ​​it out of the room in time).

However, he is a charismatic tyrant, extremely convincing. Therefore, he probably curses so painful when he believes he has been disappointed or have been disobeyed (Remember that Harry only saw Voldemort's mind when he was very happy or very angry). If it were otherwise, Voldemort would not have many followers and had been close to winning the war before it was defeated in Godric's Hollow (taking into account then, Dumbledore was alive and strong).

When Voldemort rise again during the final test of the Triwizard Tournament, Rosier, Karkarrof and Snape can not go immediately to the call of his former master because they were in places anti-appearance. In addition, if the teacher is also Rosier at Hogwarts during the Triwizard Tournament, he could convince the solution Karkarrof more intelligent filed Voldemort and wait for further instructions if mercy and do not want a bloody deselance soon.

By the way, I think we should ask ourselves if Grindelwald appear again in the fic. Perhaps, he send a letter to Harry, congratulating him on his feat in his second year at Durmstrang.

19. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Hehe:D That would be awesome, or him somehow managing to escape from his prison:D

20. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

That would be fantastic with the plot that could lead to the story: an escaped Grindelwald, Voldemort become a spectrum looking for a way to regain his own body and the Triwizard Tournament so close.

Imagine the aggressive attitude of Viktor Krum (Grindelwald killed his grandfather before his father), if that happened. :D

Not open for further replies.