1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

I say we all start a "Grindelwald Returns!" movement! All those in favor?

I still say if Rosier doesn't return immediately, even if he is playing neutrally, Voldemort will see him as a traitor and mark him off. You don't play "neutral" around Voldy, and I think Rosier has learned that. So unless he plans outright defiance, I don't see that happening.

But then again, this is just my admittedly biased opinion, so feel free to verbally filet me.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Stop that, it's stupid.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Let it be known that "Voldy" is just as bad. Say it after me: Voldemort.

4. Torak

Torak Death Eater

If your going to insult Voldemort do it like Dumbledore and Harry did call that fool Tom.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Stop breaking Potter Law bahderp

6. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

First of all, Grindelwald can't send letters to anyone. He doesn't have the supplies and isn't allowed them. There is also no way that he breaks out of that prison on his own. Harry's first friend was Krum, and I don't see Harry ever betraying him like that. Why would Harry even want to learn from Grindelwald when he can already ask the guy who defeated him for help?

Did any of you bother to read that scene where Harry achieves his animagus form?

It's part of his very nature to be loyal to friends and family. It is part of what make Harry so great. This is the reason he often gets annoyed at Ron because he thinks that Ron is holding Nathan back. This is part of the reason why I think all of this talk about Harry getting mad at Nathan if his name is entered into the tournament is pure rubbish.

If Nathan told Harry that he didn't enter his name into the goblet or have someone do it for him then Harry would believe. Most likely, Harry would do anything he could to help protect Nathan and find out who tried to harm his brother. Harry might like to do better than his brother, but he doesn't hate his brother for succeeding at something before him just like he didn't hate Krum for completing his animagus form first. If anything Harry gets down on himself because he thinks that he should have done better.

At any rate, this current line of speculation is even more outlandish than it needs to be. Personally, I thought KrazQ had the best thought so far when I totally misread what he said and thought that he said Harry would most likely help Ron and Nathan enter their names if they wanted to do so. The tournament would force Nathan to study and apply himself more which as far as Harry is concerned is a good thing, and it would give him an excuse to try and beat Dumbledore's age line. The only logical step to make after taking on Grindelwald is to make a run at Dumbledore.

Now, I really hope Santi updates soon just so people will have something else to talk about other than ridiculously outlandish theories.

EDIT:
    This is why I should get more sleep. Thanks for pointing out that I read the quote wrong, Celestin. I'd still like to see them or the twins ask Harry for help, and Harry do it just because of the challenge it would represent. fixed

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

One - unless it's not a quote you're thinking about I'm pretty sure KrzaQ meant something entirely else with this:

Two - as much as Harry wants his brother to apply himself more, he wants him to be safe more. The Triwizard Tournament is not safe at all.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

When I wrote that Harry gets mad at Nathan for entering the tournament, it's not so much he's mad that he might get more fame or whatever than him. I think he would get more mad at Nathan for being so stupid and endangering himself when he's not a very good wizard or at least not good enough yet (In Harry's viewpoint). Mind you, by this point, Harry has probably practiced that entire list of dark spells to get ready for the tasks while Nathan would be similar to canon Harry.

9. Rakkety Tam

This is where I disagree with you and Celestin. Harry knows the tournament is dangerous, but at the same time, he also knows flying a broom at insane speeds while people do their best to knock you off of it or get you to fly into the ground is insanely dangerous. Wizards have a different idea of what is safe and what isn't.

As long as Dumbledore is there, I think Harry would be alright with his brother entering on his own. The idea that someone capable of getting into Hogwarts, past Dumbledore's age line, and then entering his brother's name into the Goblet of Fire after confounding said goblet would be another matter entirely. That would be the point where Harry would be worried about his brother's safety in my opinion. Because if this stranger could do that then he could conceivably make Nathan's tasks more dangerous than the rest and actually threaten his brother's life.

Why would a person try to kill Nathan in this manner? Well, a direct attack has had less than favorable results in the past (see the Peter incident). It is actually a pretty ingenious plot device when you think about it. Everyone assumes that the person who wanted him to enter the tournament did so because they seek to indirectly end his life while making it look like an accident when in reality they wanted him to win the tournament. It was so absurd to think that he might actually win that no one bothered to check the trophy. Well, obviously I'm talking about canon Harry here and not Nathan, but it is the only way I could justify the nonsensical nature of the plot in GoF.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    About the recent update: I was really surprised when everybody simply believed that a blaqsting curse from a thirteen year old would destroy a person to such a extend that only his finger and some blood would remain. And really, a finger? How does only a finger stay intact after an explosion? I am disappoint.

Besides that, I am really hyped about the Tournament, hopefully Harry will manage to participate. But knowing Santi, he'll find some way to fuck with us, either by not having him on it or by taking way too long to get there. Or is fucking with us more like Joe's thing?

11. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Republic:

I pointed that out and Santi said it was from a previous draft of the outline, and he's going to fix it (if he didn't already).

12. syed

syed Supermod

Does anyone think there will be an epic scene where voldiemort goes after the rosiers, and her dad stays behind while she is made to leave, so ends up with harry as she needs a santuary.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

No, not at all.

14. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

Upon the death of Pettigrew, I think everything is a farce planned by Peter to make his escape was officially resolved and he can go for his master without major surprises. In other words, Peter would perform the trick at Hogwarts who chose Sirius as he pursued the official series.

As for Harry's loyalties will be faithful to that, all depends on what he will choose the time he has to decide if the girl he loves, or his family (sometimes they hardly have ignored despite Harry was right).

15. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Syed, I like the way you think. But tell me, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

16. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Since when has he been in love with her? Did I miss that? (That was sarcasm in case you didn't realize that.)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  17. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

It's not even public knowledge in England that Rosier is alive. Joining Tom may not even be an issue for him this time around.
    There's a large difference between flying and the TWT. One, multiple staff members attend every game and can step in to save a student at any time while there's probably laws or something preventing people from interfering in the TWT tasks. At any rate the TWT is designed to be dangerous. Next, while preforming the task there's no guarantee that you'll even be visible to the crowd.

18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hahaha I could imagine Harry helping Ron enter the tournament "First tast Ronald Weasley was tragically burned to death by his dragon, the Sparkley Ginger Dragon, known as one of the smaller and less magical breeds. A true shame indeed."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  19. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

I have said "the girl he loves", not "he is in love with her". I don't know what is the opinion of the rest of the Forum, but I think there is a subtle but important difference between the two phrases.

In addition, he may already be in love with Calypso. Notice how he blamed himself the attack on Muller to prevent her to be punished by the cruel caretaker. However, both Harry and Calipso will refuse their own feelings so deep because they are still very young. They still must go through the awkward age. :D

20. Rakkety Tam

Le sigh. Since, you are talking to me I'll reply. You should reread GOF. There were people on hand to stop the dragons should the champion appear to be unable to handle the task. In addition to those people, there was Albus Dumbledore watching the whole thing.

There. I went ahead and dug out a quote from the books for you.

yak
Not open for further replies.