1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

teh mayzin pider-mann!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Skykes, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Suprised there is not a thread for this already.

For those of you who do not know, the series is being rebooted. Here is the first Trailer..

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Trailer is Boring.

3. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I will hate this. As should you.
    /end

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Anyone seen the animated series in the 90's?

The bit with the parents looks like they're having the whole Russian Spies storyline or something similiar, wether they're trying to incorperate it into the Avengers maybe?

It looks iffy, I would say it looked good, but I thought Green Lantern trailer made it look alright, but I found it terrible.

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unfortunately, this isn't being done by the same guys that are doing The Avengers and associated movies (Iron Man, Thor, etc.) So don't expect any tie-ins of that sort. :(

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Well, I have two problems with this movie. One - another origin story? Really? At least they didn't use Norman Osborn and gave us Gwen instead of MJ, but it's still repetitive.

Two - something I can't say for sure, but from this trailer it looks like this movie will be dark and unfunny for the most part of it and I don't want that. This should be our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, not Goddamn Batman.

Still, their panel at SDCC had very awesome moment - Amazing Spider-Man Panel Surprise.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This guy looks so much more like Peter Parker than Toby Macguire ever did. Plus he's not a dick, which helps.

9. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Very true, but that hair-style just screams their trying to attract the younger demographic. And it looks annoying. I'm also hoping the villain will be Lizard.

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I do have a slight issue with the twilight euro trash hair, other wise I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape about this trailer. It shows promise in my mind.

Also is this based on the ultimate universe, because I like ultimate spiderman. Like as in "Cock up butt" like that version.

I know it says amazing spiderman, but some of the elements of the trailer and comments I've heard make me think its ultimate.

Except for a few issues after the ultimatum wave, its solid story.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought that was confirmed a while ago.

EDIT: I'm just going to throw this in this post instead of making a new one.

I'm willing to give this film the benefit of the doubt. I've misjudged films based on their trailers before and been pleasantly surprised later on.

I like the look of Andrew Garfield as Peter better than Tobey Maguire. He's got the proper body type. However, fuck that hairstyle. And I don't like this new costume either.

Hopefully the movie will actually have Peter joke around and such as Spidey. I felt the Raimi films were lacking in that.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Macquire was bad as Parker, but Garfield is worse. Way worse.
    So, far I liked absolutely nothing from this film. Let's see if that changes.

And seriously, the Lizard of all people?

13. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I don't see how Garfield could be way worse than Macguire. I agree with you about Lizard though. I'd rather see Carnage or Kaine.

14. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

He couldn't be worse than Maguire, IMO, because goddamn, Andrew Garfield is cute. I haven't felt the urge to squee in god knows how long, but when he hopped on stage during Comic-Con & ripped off his mask, I had to resist the urge. Spiderman has always been my favorite superhero, so I think I'd watch this no matter who was in it.

Also: Emma Stone, fuck yeah <3

15. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I liked him as Peter Parker in Spiderman 2 but he would've done better as the already established Spiderman rather than the teenage one.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I dunno, with the exceptions of some scenes (crying and stuff) I liked Maguire. I suppose I kinda related him to Spiderman since I saw the first movie a bazillion years ago, when I was quite young. He wasn't bad.
    But still, I know Spiderman origin is supposed to be a teenager, but damn if I want fucking Spiderman to look like a teenager. The resemblance to Effron is too much.

17. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

So he should be a teenager, but not look like one?

I don't see it at all. If anything, he reminds me of a younger version of Justin Kirk.

18. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Maguire was good, at least before the third film. The guy is a decent actor, and pulled off the gig satisfactorily for the most part.

To be honest, I don't understand why some people are raging and frothing about Andrew Garfield. He's a damn good actor, as seen in Never Let Me Go and The Social Network. Yes, we are yet to see whether A.G. can deliver Peter's wittier side as Spider-Man, but I'm sure he could nail the awkward schoolboy side of Peter.

imo, this fan-raging over Garfield's casting is reminding me of the screeching fangirls over Jennifer Lawrence, especially concerning X-Men and the Hunger Games. Yes, she doesn't look waif-ish; yes, she's too "chunky" to look credibly like a younger Rebecca Romijn. Get over it.

She was a pretty good Mystique, and I'm sure she'll make a good Katniss. Similarly, I'm 80% sure that Garfield will deliver. Unless the script is terribad and the direction is appalling, the guy will give us a decent Spider-Man.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  19. Nae

Nae The Violent

Maguire was good imo. Peter was never supposed to be awesome, and he wasn't. He was just ordinary, and in the first two movies did a really good job. As for this guy, I dunno...he fit in to his role in the social network, and he might just surprise us in this one also. I'm not judging until I've seen the movie, but from these few glimpses, doesn't look good.

20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want all the ridiculous quips that the comics give us, I haven't seen the Maguire movies in a long time and I don't plan to see them again, but I don't remember Peter being full of quips and horribly awkward like he should be.

I actually liked Spectacular Spiderman, I was only 14 when it came out so that's probably why. I hope this'll be similar to that.