1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. blackchaos

blackchaos Squib

Since I never really got past GOF, I've got to ask 4arms.
    What the heck would the elder wand have to do with helping calypso?
    I thought in cannon the only thing it did was boost the casters spells.
    Or as a hollow does it have some other special effect?

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    No it doesn't people are just idiots.

3. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

What? The example wasn't meant to be someone infamous for using dark arts. The example about someone being infamous for something that he really didn't do. In this case, he was infamous for betrayal even though he never betrayed anyone. I was explaining why being infamous doesn't necessarily mean that you actually did the thing you are infamous for doing.

Harry really wants to show his former classmates how much better he is than them. Likewise, Karkaroff wants to prove his school is clearly superior. I dislike the fanon notion that letting the world know you are an animagus is a horrible idea. There have been quite a few people who have registered and it didn't end their world.

I dare say the animagus form is not nearly as useful as many let on. It isn't like you can use it to escape capture like so many suggest in fan fiction. A wizard might be a tad bit suspicious of a strange dog wondering about shortly after you escaped. It would be much more practical to simply learn how to make a portkey since as far as I know there is no way to block this form of travel.

@Bittersweet Freedom
    The map also shows the Hogwarts grounds as well as the castle.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Unless you animagus form is tiny or can fly it is doubtful it will help you flee in any situation.

5. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

It gets you killed.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Because it didn't allow an infamous criminal escape from an inescapable prison and it didn't allow a murderous turncoat spy hide in plain sight for over a decade in canon.

Okay.

Being a strong, fast, four-legged creature wouldn't make a difference, I'm sure, in a warded environment like Hogwarts where portkey and apparation are impossible or restricted, right?

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    In your animagus form it's unlikely you can use your wand so it might hold you back.

8. Rakkety Tam

Portkey works in Hogwarts. Actually, I'm pretty sure the reason it is restricted is because they don't have a way to block it.

Yes, he escaped from prison, but it was stated that he spent a lot of time in his animagus form...had that prison had humans there he wouldn't have been able to use it to escape. Using it to escape other creatures is one thing, but trying to use the form of a dog to escape a human who is aware of the animagus transformation is another.

As for Peter, yes, he was able to escape, but he is a small rodent. Small animals blend in better and can fit through tighter spaces. It would be much more difficult to find and hit a rat with a spell than it would a larger animal such as a dog or a stag.

9. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

@Rakkety Tam: You know, you're right about the map being used to track Pettigrew down. We'll just have to wait and see what explanation Santi has for it.

However, I've been thinking that Harry should try to replicate the map for Durmstrang. But instead of just showing all the hideouts and where people are, he should also add some features of his own. He could, perhaps, add something like a tracking spell that enables him to find a person instead of actually having to look for said person throughout the entire map.

That would be :cool: and :awesome.

10. 4arms

4arms Second Year

When canon Harry's wand was broken beyond repair as quoted by the wandmaker(Ollivander I think)....he was able to repair the damage using the elder wand....I am saying the same can happen with Calypso if she is damaged beyond normal.

Since I am overthinking, why not Harry track the wand to Grindewald only to discover that Dumbledore has it. May be when he ask Albus to help Calypso, Dumbledore might turn down the request sending Harry down the darker path...

11. Schmango

Schmango First Year

@4arms: I seriously do not think the story will go the way you are suggesting. Personally, I doubt Harry will even meet Grindelwald or that Grindelwald will have any serious part in the story.

On another note, I'm really enjoying this story and except for a couple grammar mistakes that are caught by the grammar people it is pretty much perfect. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    The elder wand just seems to make your spells more powerful so I guess it could be used in that manner. However Dumbledore sees Harry as a grandson do you honestly think if his girlfriend was hurt he wouldn't heal her?

13. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Yes he does, and right after that Dumbledore will engineer a bunch of dangerous scenarios for Harry during the TWT in order to 'bring him back to the light', take credit for his discoveries in magic, steal the money in his private vault and give it to the Weasley's and turn his family against him after he realizes that Harry is irredeemable. The finale will be Harry getting framed by his brother for the murder of Calypso and her father, accused of being a Dark Lord and then thrown into Nurmengard, in the cell next to Grindelwald.

;)

14. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

I really, really, really hope this is a joke employing the common tropes of NotBWL!Harry.

If Santi actually does this, I will cry big, manly tears.

Edit: Thanks yak. That was me being a moron.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Why would you even say that?

16. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Of course it was a joke. It was just not a very funny one.

What is BHL? :confused:

17. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Boy Hwo Lived. He was trying to sound Boy-Who-Lived out. It didn't work.

18. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I thought it was Boy-Ho-Live. Didn't think stripper!Harry was common enough to have it's own cliches, though...

19. Rakkety Tam

I was glancing at some previous chapters to get ready for the update when I saw the author's note at the bottom of the last chapter on ff.net. Did that girl you saw outside of your college ever contact you, Santi? I checked the thread and didn't ever see it mentioned unless I missed it.

This quote makes me think that might actually end up being one of the challenges. I've been going over your previous chapters trying to see if you left us any hints about the tasks.

20. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

A Nundu in a task of the Triwizard Tournament would be a complete slaughter. No champion would beat its unaided.

About the various tasks of the Triwizard Tournament, I doubt very much that The Santi make fundamental changes in them. At best, perhaps instead of dragons has Manticore.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
Not open for further replies.