1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

Yes, because blaming another fourteen year old boy doesn't make him look like as much of a madman. :facepalm

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Everybody already thinks he's paranoid and blaming the brother of the BWL will be ignored by anyone who has the power to do anything.

3. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Holy fuck. Calm down about Crouch Sr. This is the same man who lobbied to allow the unforgivable curses to be used in the war. Some how I don't think he is going to care if someone is using the dark arts. Why would Crouch check Harry's wand in the first place? Santi generally sticks to canon for Nathan (with a few necessary changes).

I don't see Harry being the type to leave his wand in a place that is easy for just anyone to get to. Someone as intelligent as him strikes me as someone who would take extremely good care of his wand to make sure it is in perfect working order.

4. Kalypso

Kalypso Second Year

No way Harry would be stupid enough to run around like a headless chicken and lose his wand! That´s pathetic and brainless and I can´t see any decent wizard losing his wand, let alone this Harry. And he certainly wouldn´t let some Ministry workers walk all over him.

I really hope the next update comes soon, these discussions become increasingly useless.

5. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Shift+# on the German keyboard. Do it. Now.

You're welcome.

6. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Ahem to that! Can we just get to the next chapter, Santi?

7. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

Shut up. You can't rush the man.

8. Rakkety Tam

The chapter is done. I believe we are waiting on the beta crew to go over it and Santi to make some final changes. If there hadn't been a slew of useless posts then that probably would have been clearer.

Edit:
    @Carmine:
    I'm not moaning about it. I've accepted it as part of the nature of this thread. I was just pointing out a fact.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Why moan about the lack of substance in previous posts? Some of them are yours, and they are discussing Harry Potter related things on a Harry Potter forum. Calm it.

10. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Fixed that for you.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This thread is very much like a train wreck of inane stupidity... yet I can't help but continue to read it, not only because I enjoy the story, but because of an almost morbid fascination with just how absurd it becomes.

12. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Over 20 pages of comments since the last chapter, which was only 15 days ago.

I don't know whether to be impressed or not.

This thread probably has as many posts per day as the rest of the forum combined...o_O

13. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I wish this thread was moderated and all off topic posts deleted. Then Santi wouldn't spend time skimming through inanity to find relevant posts.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I wish Harry had turned out to be a turtle.

Oh sure, oh sure - pick a doberman; how fucking special. Just because it's ostensibly different doesn't mean it's not based on the same cliche tenants. Might as well have picked a wolf animagus and been done with it. Plus I'd be suspicious of a dog that happened to have a higher-than-usual understanding of English.

But a turtle...who pays attention to a turtle? Nobody, that's who.

If I was being chased by a gaggle of wizards through Hogwarts, and rounded a corner then transformed, said wizards would probably look right at me while thinking I'd escaped. Because it's a turtle. They'd probably spend their time trying to un-Transfigure whatever random objects they came across while completely ignoring me as I shuffle-shuffled across the hallway. Stealth, motherfucker. Stealh.

EDIT: but when the time comes for action...

But instead we get pinned with a Doberman, of all things. Just a lazy, cop-out choice on Santi's part. Constant disappointment.

15. gbbz

gbbz Professor

I hoped for a slug. Can't find a more tenacious creature anywhere. It's tough (just ask people who want to protect their crops from that blight, ain't happening), it's persistent (snails or slugs can go for yards to find the food) and it's inconspicuous. A slug is the way to go!

I really thought Harry will be a different animagus and that he will confront the mainstream. Such dissapointment.

16. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fuck your slugs and turtles. Dinosaurs are the way to go. Clearly. Harry shows up to Tri-Wizard, turns into a dinosaur and starts chomping on dragons and mermaids. :awesome

17. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

[​IMG]
    Problem?​

18. Rakkety Tam

I would love to jump on the Harry should have been the *insert more awesome animal here* bandwagon, but clearly Blaise has won this argument already.

I do have a theory on Kira though. I think she has been secretly practicing much like Harry was doing, and she will be the first of her her family to successfully have a magical talent. Unfortunately, she will take the form of a fish and suffocate never to be heard from or even mentioned in the story again.

19. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

While I find a doberman a rather dull choice and would prefer something else, imagine the possibilities of a slug and his girlfriend...hmm, but I digress, his choice was somewhat logical, as he was going with the whole loyal and rather smart idea and doberman are supposed to be both~

20. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

Not to mention vicious... which also can describe Harry. Like when he banished Kira into the bookcase, or turned Ron's hair into snakes when he 'took a threatening step forward.', and of course his new dueling style...

Not open for further replies.