1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Eve Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johndoe022, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

Is anyone on the forums involved with Eve online and if they are know of any good Caldari corps to Join?

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Uh, this isn't WoW, there's very few racially-segregated corps in Eve unless you're talking about faction warfare corps. If you're just looking to dodge the NPC-corp tax, you can join my minicorp, but I don't offer free shit or own any nullsec territory or POSs if that's what you're after.

If you're trying to join a big nullsec corp, most of them will only take you if you've got ~10m+ skillpoints or know someone in them or are an active member of wherever they're from (Reddit's Test Alliance Please Ignore, Something Awful's Goonfleet, 4chan's Broski Enterprises, etc).

Your best path as a newbie if you don't know some active players with experience is to join Eve University. They're a good corp with an active population that'll help you get your feet and give you the opportunity to network a bit. Because honestly, that's the most important skill to develop in Eve.

3. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

I'm not looking for free stuff or nullsec stations. Just mainly to get away from the tax. Oh and occasional advice when I don't understand something.

4. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Just like real life I guess. =P

5. Krezter

Krezter Second Year

How many skillpoints do you have? If the number is low, I'd recommend either Eve University or some noob friendly corp before you start diving into the more pvp oriented facets of the game (lowsec/nullsec).

Although, this isn't true for everyone. Some people like to dive straight in to the gritty world of blowing up their rifters and learn something from it, preferably 5 times a day :D
    If that sounds more like you, then I would easily recommend Faction Warfare, just don't expect anyone to be particularily welcome or friendly at the start, most will suspect you being a spy until you got some kills/losses to your name. Once you get accepted and into fleets though, it's one of the most fun aspects of Eve in my opinion :)

Some info on FW: Basically it's a free Wardec between the 4 factions, Amarr and Caldari vs Minmatar and Gallente. As in regular wars, the enemy can attack you anywhere (nullsec, lowsec, highsec) without concord interference, and if you enter the enemy highsec their respective navy will shoot you, web you and neut you.
    Mostly it all happens in lowsec since that is where you can engage each others without the Navy interfering with a good fight. It's a mix of small gangs/solo/blob warfare, with the occasional Batphone supercarrier hotdrops in between :)

It's a whole lot of pvp and you'll be sure to learn a lot of game mechanics, how to die less, and be more efficient in combat. Hopefully you'll also get picked up by a good corp and make some friends.

Pve side of FW is also really good, as in = lots of ISK.
    You can easily make over a billion ISK in a day if you do it right. Look it up if you don't believe me.

If you have any questions .. ask away :)

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I've signed up. Username is Aekiel.

7. Krezter

Krezter Second Year

Aekiel or Aekiel Ormand?

First one is a year old, second one is 2days old .. so I'd imagine you are the second one.

8. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

^.^, I'm thinking of joining up too. Just made a new character named 'For Demacia'

9. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Man, we're booming. Hit me up if you want a tax-free corp - in-game name's Vladimir Tehanovich, corp's Tehanovich Enterprises. Me and a bunch of DLPers and a couple mates of mine live in the Heimatar region if you're looking for someone to run missions with you.

Also, just a FYI: Faction Warfare is full of some of the biggest douchebags in Eve, and that's saying something.

10. Krezter

Krezter Second Year

Hey, I'm in Faction Warfare :(:(

I'm Capitol One ingame.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The second. I tried using my usual nick first but it had already been taken. Maybe I'd set one up in the distant past then forgot about it.

12. Reign

Reign Fourth Year

Phoebe was released recently and I received 10 free days to start up my old account. Anyone still active? It would be much more enjoyable to play with a group instead of solo.

13. TSN

TSN Auror

So I started playing this actively again. Because, well life is going to be hectic and I wanted a game that allow me to be afk while still making myself useful and making money. ahah.

IGN is "roberto Dufours"

i'm not in a big corp. Most of my day I mine ice in a skiff and run lvl 4 security mission with the other 2 guy of the corps.

But I meet a nice guy who's let his orca with mining boost run all day so its quite profitable.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  14. Reign

Reign Fourth Year

I started again as well but I haven't played in a while. So it will take me a bit to remember everything.