1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Syed isn't trolling. This is how he is.

He's been a member of the Spacebattles forum since 2007 and has been making posts there for years which are just as awful as the ones he's begun making here. He hasn't improved in four years and he isn't likely to start now. You can check his Spacebattles posting history for yourself.

Supposedly, the Spacebattles members are just as annoyed by Syed as we are, but he never breaks their rules, so they've been unable to get rid of him. He keeps on making stupid posts at Spacebattles again and again, day in, day out. Syed is nearing 2000 posts there. TWO THOUSAND.

I dread the idea that he might post here that long.

Thankfully, DLP has different rules than Spacebattles. We have the Morons Need Not Apply rules.

Just give it time...

2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy shit. How do you read and post on English boards for 4 years and not become fluent?

3. Torak

Torak Death Eater

[​IMG]

4. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Could you please stfu about Syed?

Yes, his posts are somewhat annoying, but not nearly as annoying as your whining. Seriously, why do you guys even care?

5. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

It's not like you're forced to read his post.

6. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

No, he didn't, but he didn't blame the veela for it either. I could see where being in direct competition with each other could cause some friction between them though.

One thing I am curious about is Harry's dueling ability. Specifically, how well do you think he would do against someone like Krum or Calypso? Occlumency protects his mind, and he is scary brilliant in Charms and Transfiguration. They would get the edge in Dark Arts, but with his new aggressive style, I really wonder how he stacks up.

Using his old passive style and not having the benefit of Occulumency, he seemed to be able to hold his own against Calypso. He would also be approaching the level in Transfiguration where battle Transfiguration might become something he could use to great effect very soon. It has been awhile since we've seen him duel anyone outside of his class, and the last duel in his class was over about as quickly as it started.

On that note, I hope Harry turns Draco into the amazing bouncing ferret for trying to curse his brother. We know he can do partial human transfiguration so I don't think that it would be a stretch for him to be able to do a full human transfiguration by the time he goes to Hogwarts.

7. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Krum has an edge over Harry in the Dark Arts? Maybe I need to read the story again.

He might be able to do it, but it doesn't really seem to be Harry's style. He seems more likely to hit Malfoy with something like a dark Inverted Anus curse. Or a flesh-to-sandpaper transfiguration.

8. cloud91

cloud91 Fourth Year

I have a feeling that Harry may do something slightly more violent to Draco considering his current state of mind.

9. syed

syed Supermod

Ss Kreacher may possibly be able to allow Harry access, how ever limited to the Black Library, he was ordered to obey instruction givern to him by Harry, and he asked for books, and said he would return these for others, so lets say Harry is limited to a few books at a time, and he has to return them sooner or later.

ALso, what new orders can Harry give the next time he is able, something to get kreacher the ability to come to hogwarts with more books. Doubtful he can just give harry books, but no reason not to allow him to borrow them. ALso, if Kreacher knows Harry is a powerful Dark wizard, would he bring the Locket to him to be destroyed?

THe Hogwarts House Elves know about the Room of come and go, so I wonder if Kreacher could learn of it while delivering books for Harry. Once Harry knows about it, you wont be able to get him to leave. THe room can magicly recreate anything but food, thats about right, so can it only produce books from the school, or any known book. Could the Room Copy DUrmstrung Liabrary?

10. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Chapter 14 has been posted to WbA. It'll be the last update for a while, so enjoy it!

11. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Santi, i Declare the existence of the church of Santi, and I its head priest. All are welcome except Syed.
    Now to read the chapter!:awesome

12. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Terrible chapter not enough rage. You're falling off man

13. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

There is already the Cult of The Santi. What is that suppose to be? A schism? ;)

As for the chapter - well, not bad, but not as awesome to me as the last one. Something was missing. Still, liked Harry's early crush on Tonks. I don't remember if we had a chance to see her in person in this fic yet.

I think Kira's attack on Calypso when she should be watching his match will be the last straw for Krum to end this relationship.

EDIT: Also, I don't know how, but you actually ended in the place where I have no problem with waiting till December to see what happens next. Good job, Santi. :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  14. A Curious Stranger

A Curious Stranger Second Year

Santi, did you have to tease everyone at the end? You couldn't just keep it to PM's? Good lord man!

15. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Firstly, that was a very well handled chapter.

Secondly, I hate the fact that you won't be updating for quite a while.

Thirdly, I need a list of all the people whom are a part of your beta group.

16. Rocag

Rocag Third Year

We'll all just have to hope and pray he has more time on his hands in the coming months than he thinks he will.

Great as always Santi!

17. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

I'm going to think on this chapter for awhile...The others were right in that something just felt off with this chapter. I think it might have been how manipulative Calypso seemed to be. Goading Kira into a fight, coming back without even attempting to heal herself, and the whole scene that followed when she met Harry's parents seemed a bit over the top.

Particularly, the injuries seemed a bit much. I mean Kira and Calypso are always sending nasty comments at each other. Yes, they fight sometimes, but for the most part, Kira has some self control, and you'd think when she was with Krum's parents, she would have shown some restraint.

Is it just me or is Kira starting to become unhinged as of the last few chapters? I wonder if Harry wasn't the only one subjected to an implanted memory. It will be interesting to see what Harry's reaction to Calypso's little manipulation will be in the next chapter.

The earth elemental was also quite disappointing. It seems horribly weak. If one was proficient with water spell, it would be ridiculously easy to stop. Transfiguring/conjuring an object and ordering it to attack via oppugno would seem to work better and faster. I don't get the purpose of it.

This isn't to say that I don't understand why it is horribly weak to water. It is a construct that is a stepping stone to moving up to inferius creation. It is sort of like the inferi being easily beaten by fire. Assuming you aren't a muggle or panic like Harry did in canon, I don't really see the point of these creatures either. I could see why they might be interesting to learn how to create. It just seems like there are easier ways to accomplish the same tasks.

Unless, that task would be guarding something like the cave. Then I could see why you might not want to rely on Transfiguration and Charms. Creating something that would last long enough to serve as a guard with those two arts would most likely be horribly time consuming, but if you were looking for a temporary fix such as in a battle, it would be easier to do some quick transfiguration and charm them to do the tasks required be that attacking or defending.

With this being said, there are some points that I definitely enjoyed about this chapter. I think I finally figured out what this chapter is missing that would make it truly awesome. It is suffering from a Tonks deficiency. Let it be known that now and forever, I ship Harry/Tonks.

18. A Curious Stranger

A Curious Stranger Second Year

The implication I believe is that you can sacrifice anything to the earth to serve as its 'Image.' This is why the magic is dark. If you can kill off a rabbit, what's stopping you from using humans as fodder? And Harry is noted to have performed the ritual incorrectly. We have no clue what the final product is supposed to be capable of, but from the whole rotting maggots description, it sounds awfully like necromancy. This sort of magic is something that takes a lot of deliberation and prepwork I agree, so it seems like it would be ideal for making guards or somesuch. The end product is most likely far tougher.

19. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Holy fucking shit, guys; I hope I am not alone in thinking that the duel between Harry and Calypso was fucking awesome. Fuck.

20. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I'm going to beg for one more update in September before I ship out to boot camp.

Fucking amazing chapter. Calypso was absolutely charming and totally swept the Potters off their feet. Harry attempting to create the Earth elemental was suitably creepy and I loved that he was very uncomfortable with what he was doing.

Not open for further replies.