1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That's what I said. Can't you read? (Winky gets incapitated before the match -> Crouch Jr. gets away before the match -> Crouch Jr. doesn't steal anyone's wand & doesn't see drunk ex-Death Eaters after the match -> Crouch Jr. doesn't cast the dark mark)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Except The Santi implies the duel is in the first scene of chapter 15, and unless The Santi skips the Death Eaters and Dark Mark the first scene should still occur at the stadium.

It seems unlikely that Harry and Calypso would have a practice duel on the grounds of the stadium, especially with the security that is around. Observers might think they're fighting seriously. It's not the place for a practice duel.

Hence I suspect there isn't a duel at all and The Santi is just playing a joke.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. Zepheric

Zepheric Squib

Calypso might just have a duel with harry to see how far along he has come during the summer and isn't back to being reluctant towards the dark arts, after all whats the point of learning to do something if your not going to put it into practice?

Edit: If in fact there is a duel and he's not just pulling our leg

4. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

And you would be wrong.

5. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I know Santi will likely get me banned for this, but here is the link for chapter 15.

6. Wizardmon0073

Wizardmon0073 Second Year

Another excellent update, The Santi.

I do not understand fuss over Hermione. All she saw was that Harry has a highly intimidating glare. She probably remembers end of their first year and how Harry could easily intimidate Ron. She knows nothing about Legilimency so she has no reason to suspect Harry of its use.

So, Calypso has met her first muggleborn. I wonder just what does she think of Lily Potter ?

7. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

As a member of the Santi's beta group, you'd be in on the joke, so I can't take your word on that. I'll know I'm wrong when or if The Santi posts it.

I hope I am wrong, because I'd love to see them duel. It just doesn't feel like the place. Stranger things have happened though.

8. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

When I read that the bit about Nathan being up, I had thought that he had seen the elemental. Didn't occur to me it was Voldedreams until I read this thread.

Also, I originally read it that the Calypso/Kira fight occured in the bathrooms and was wondering what Barty Crouch was doing in there. :awesome

9. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Except the part where you didn't mention Winky or Crouch Jr. In fact, all that you actually said was a house elf jumped in the way of a curse to protect its master. You may have meant to imply the rest, but it certainly has nothing to do with me reading what you said incorrectly when you didn't finish your thought. I thought you might have been implying that Rosier Sr. had a house elf (either his or one of his relatives') sent to look after his daughter or that it was a house elf working for the World Cup trying to stop a fight.

Although, I took the progression of events a different way. Rosier had two stunned people with wands that he could easily snatch before going to find his father. He certainly wouldn't want to leave that loose end laying around and potentially have someone searching for him.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, I took it to mean that Winky was there so Crouch Jr. was there so the Mark would get conjured.

11. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

SANTI HE HAS US FIGURED OUT WAT DO WE DO NAO?!?!?!?!

12. syed

syed Supermod

So say that Sirius, Lily, James, Nathan, HArry and Calypso are all in the tent, Calypso probally is gone if late at night. When the riot happens, I bet James will make Harry take Nathan to Safety, because while both are his son, HArry is a great dueler, better than his brother.

DId Crouch steal, Calypso or kira wands? OR did he just get away with no wand, sue to security presence.

HArry terrified Draco, he will want revenge. SO that could be the possible duel. WHo ever said calypso would duel harry, but with harry.

I wonder if harry will ask SIrius about that mind magic book, using it as a way to get to more books.

Please let harry attempt to make an earth elemental out of his chimera transiguration paper subject. Now that harry has a way around the experimental breeding plan, would he try to make other chimera out of his technique. Now the really scary question, how good is hagrid ate transfiguration when he really applies himself.

13. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

I hate kthr for that fake link

14. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

If you fell for it, you deserved it.

15. Boo

Boo Auror

My theory for the duel

Deatheaters attack and Harry doesnt do as well as he had hoped, so at the end of the chapter he and Calypso practice to get better.

16. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

I think it's more about Draco's expression than Harry's. I would imagine there would be a look of fear, or even terror which is worse than mere intimidation. Think of the pain Harry felt when he first started learning mind magics, or the humiliation he left from Ivan. I would actually like to see Draco do what Harry did after his detention to change things up, instead of what seems mostly standard or even slightly bashing of the Hogwarts characters to give it a new dimension.

17. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

I guess i did deserve it affliction, but my excitment overode my common sense

18. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

I cant picture Santi's Harry jumping on the fight. He would most likely flee with the other kids; making sure they are alright along the way

19. Boo

Boo Auror

And if a Deatheater sees and attacks them, Harry will try to protect them.
    Seeing as Harry has only dueled other students. Students that are not even on the same level as him.
    So Harry might need help and still only win by hair. It would drive him to study harder and more dangerous things so he can protect the ones he loves.

Also just a thought Harry and Calypso are not in the same camp section. Harry being Harry might just go and try to help her during the attack.

20. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

As many others have already said, fucking love the scenes with Harry and Sirius. Their secret animagus training is really bringing them together and taking their friendship to another level, it's nice to see Harry having someone to talk to about his relationship with Calypso and his worries about if his family will accept her. All that's missing is Sirius giving Harry some pointers on how to really please his witch and he'd reach Cormac-levels of bro. I'm eagerly anticipating the day when Harry and Sirius trolls the fuck out of James, Lily, Remus and Nathan with a completed transformation, it's gonna be legendary. Also, giving Harry more firewhiskey? Sirius is fucking fearless, balls hueg enough to knock down the gates of Hogwarts.

Earth-elemental. Damn that was creepy as fuck. Reminded me of the Necro-worm in Voice of the Nephilim's Unforgiving Minute. Harry sure is on a slippery slope, just 3 years ago he was experimenting with more powerful cutting curses that'd help his dueling and now he's sacrificing fluffy white rabbits and animating their corpses using mud, worms and insects. I can't imagine what kind of unholy shit he'll be playing with by the time 7th year comes around.

Oh Calypso you devious little bitch~ A woman scorned and revenge served at arctic temperatures, looks like Calypso's won the war. Not only did she completely sabotage Kira, what with her shaming not only herself but Viktor too with her deplorable manners, she managed to rack up some serious sympathy points with the future mother in-law too. Looks like Krum's gonna be arriving at Hogwarts a free man and looking for a rebound, can't imagine his parents will approve of him dating a hooligan like Kira, or that he'll be all that pleased with her either. Wouldn't surprise me if her latest bitchfit made it into the tabloids, because as Viktor's girlfriend she's bound to have quite a few eyes on her as well. He's been getting more and more fed up with her during the last year and this will probably be the final straw.

A little disappointed that Tonks didn't drop by to threaten Harry with major embarassment unless he introduced her to Krum, would've been amusing to see, especially her meeting Harry's little girlfriend.

Wonder what Hermione's thoughts about Harry are now, they've always seemed to get along aside from that minor incident with the troll-aftermath when he gave her the old Snape-eye, but now it seems like she's getting colder towards him, what with her 'diplomatic greeting'. Is it resentment and jealousy from him being allowed to practise advanced magic at school and at home or is she starting to buy into Ron's various remarks? Or maybe she's started to notice something no one else has yet..

Speculation: Skimmed the fic from the beginning and was reminded of Reginald Burke, the kid who cursed Calypso in her 1st year, apparently he was suspended and then withdrawn by his parents from Durmstrang. Any chances that we'll be seeing him again? Perhaps now attending Hogwarts, kid's got an english name after all. It's been roughly two years and we were never given an age for him, Harry just said he looked like a 5th year so there's wiggle-room to squeeze him in.

And now for something less relevant, any of you guys got an image in your head of what Calypso looks like? We know she's got dark hair and grey eyes and she's been described as both plain and cute, although those descriptions were a couple of years apart.. Personally I've started imagining her looking somewhat like Clare Maguire..

Best case scenario 86 days, worst case ~140 days.

Anyone got a flying DeLorean? :cry:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
Not open for further replies.