1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

This was a ton of fun. I'm definitely down to play again.

And just to clear up a point, the hours spent on DE strategy were nearly entirely Anarchy :p The rest of us spent a few minutes thinking about who to kill and a few more talking about it. Anarchy meanwhile would query us with huge tl;dr's about strategy, psychological motivation and shit. He was really into it.

Unless one of us strenuously disagreed, or had a flash of insight, we went with his idea. I think the only time I personally changed his mind was when I remembered "oh, yeah I can role block" and got him to switch off Aekiel. I also suggested Xiph, but pretty sure Anarchy was doing that anyway.

We actually talked about tossing Ashaya to the wolves as it were, (several times in fact) but every time we concluded that we could successfully stalemate the villagers (thanks Rehio and Lion :p)

The thing that honestly surprised me is how few of us were accused. Everyone fixated on Ashaya, and Anarchy came up a few times. I can't remember Dark Minion being accused, and no one came after me till the very last day. And even then, I think it was because Aekiel realized he wasn't gonna get Ashaya, and was desperate to kill someone who could be a DE (am I right Aek?)

But tons of fun.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Wow, I missed out on a lot.

Obligatory Fuck You to everyone who did not listen me and thought Ashaya was innocent. (HINT: Listen to me in the next game.)

Well played DE's.

Oh, and I am in for the next game too. :)

Also, WTF Lion? Why did you say Ashaya is innocent without checking?

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

/me is still waiting for the reasoning as to why people thought she was guilty to begin with.

4. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

She's a woman? :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. Anarchy

Ha. Post #9 in this thread.

But really, part of the reason why the villagers lost is because they weren't nearly persuasive enough. Aekiel started to get the idea of it, but it was 5 days too late. Your argument can be shit, but if you're persuasive enough, you can get anyone killed. Lesson #1 for the next game.

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I, personally think that DEs were overpowered in this game. If the rules and amount of each type of players remain the same, I doubt we would ever be able to catch the DEs.

7. Anarchy

Really? We didn't even use our abilities to great effect. I never got investigated, so my special ability was moot. The only time Tenages roleblocked the healer was at the very end, and we all knew Aekiel would heal Havoc anyway, so it really didn't matter. We had no idea who the Auror was until he got lynched, and then we all laughed for hours, so we never stopped him from investigating, he was just lazy.

8. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

For me, reading the thread, it was the tone with which she wrote every post. Every single one felt off like she was trying too hard to act innocent. I don't know if it was something I was imagining, but it was what convinced me she was a death eater.

Your TL;DR posts with what seemed like bullshit reasoning was what made me think there was something up with you. I figured that you were either a really pretentious White Night - which didn't mesh with previous posting history - or you were a death eater.

There's probably a decent chance that I imagined both of these things and got lucky, though.

9. Anme

Anme Professor

I don't agree. I think that this should be doable for the village with a little amount of luck and better tactics.

The Death Eaters took more risks than I thought during the game. All of them defending Ashaya, turned out well in the end but if she had been killed and the Auror was decent, this would have been a fairly easy game for the village, I think.

I like the idea of a serial killer.

10. Anarchy

Stuff like that is easy to say when you're a neutral observer. When you're a player in the game, and see someone accusing someone else, you have to think about if the idea actually holds merit, and react accordingly. The idea's don't necessarily have to have merit, but the point is to put the possibility of doubt into peoples minds, and make them look elsewhere. Call attention to everyone else. Point at the lurkers. All it takes is for one other person to grasp onto the idea, and the bandwagon starts.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Tenages and Dark Minion would have been relatively safe if Ashaya died, but I think I would have most likely been next. I didn't really defend her, I just kept pointing out how their logic was bullshit and diverting attention, which while different ideas, still save her. First Post = guilty. I wasn't the only one who realized that, and really, all it would have took to kill her was to make a better argument against her, which could have been done.

11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I know. I'm not saying you didn't completely rape the shit out of this game. I was just explaining the possible reasoning for people voting for Ashaya/why your TL;DRs seemed suspicious to me.

For the record, you guys raped at this. It was pretty fucking impressive.

12. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I know it's not a signing up thread, but I'll throw in an 'I'm in'. I loved watching this develop over the last few days so -Interest declared. For mk.2 or 3 or whatever.

Lion was a prick of an auror but I've got to admit my favourite bit was where everyone jumped on him and after he died there was just a genuine 'Oh shit' moment.

Finally, I didn't suspect Ashaya, Anarchy's posts threw me off, but I was certain for Dark minion from the moment his right vs easy speech. Seemed like a massive stall for stalemate and looking at the rest of his behaviour under that light it was so odd that no one even seemed to consider him, at all. Everyone got too hung up on Ashaya.

13. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Basic Mafia - maybe with one additional role - is best played as the partygame version and it makes it very difficult for Mafia to win, especially in larger games.
    Larger games mean more rounds and more chances for Mafia to give themselves away.
    Someones seams a bit too happy after the night? Lynched.
    Someone has a pokerface all the time? Lynched.
    It's really hard to not give yourself away unconsciously.
    The game is about even if the villagers would have a 20% chance to win if they just chose randomly.

In the online version you just have to avoid saying something suspicious, which is a lot easier than avoiding all visible signs.

14. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Blorcyn, actually I find Minion to be the least suspicious of all the DE's.

I knew that Anarchy and Tenages were DE's. Rehio was also one of my prime suspects along with Riley (though the latter is mainly due inactivity, which made it hard to guess his role). I predicted in advance that Aekiel would most likely be role-blocked in order to sow confusion. Therefore the first people who would start the bandwagon against Aekiel would most likely be death eaters.

It was easy to say that Aekiel was definitely not a DE. This was supported by Lutris who was saved in the 3th night. Of course he could've been a DE lieing about his role, but considering that this was possibly the last night and therefore if he had been a DE then the real healer would've mentioned something by now. Since that didn't happen we could say with certainty that he was the real healer.

Lo and behold both Anarchy and Tenages were the ones who started the bandwagon. This was shortly followed by Rehio. Afterwards came the bullshit crap from minion about right, wrong and picking the most suspicious target, despite him voting for Riley while everyone else was picking either Ashaya or Aekiel. Thus in the end his vote had no meaning. I found him to be very suspicious as well. Regardless he remained just that, a suspicion. With so many other suspicious players and at least 2 certain DE's I could not say for absolute certainty.

Ashaya on the otherhand fell completely off the radar after Lion's stupid declaration. However had Anarchy been found as the Dark Lord then it would be easy to track it back to Ashaya as a DE. However as an outsider it's probably different then being a player. In any case well played DE's.

Edit:

Havoc, why didn't you reveal yourself and the other 2 wizards? It was quite obvious after TBH's death that you were an Order Member. It could've helped the village side by narrowing down potential suspects.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was more the fact that you were less controversial a choice than either me or Ashaya. I had stated I was the healer and Ashaya had been declared innocent by our idiot Auror, so nobody could quite decide who to believe. I thought that if we focused on a third party for that vote we could have gathered some evidence as to who was a Death Eater and who wasn't. Of course that relied on me being believed, and I also happened to be appealing to the Death Eaters themselves, which kinda screwed that plan over before it happened.

16. Anarchy

We would have switched our votes, I just wasn't sure if we could get enough people to do it. Some people just leave their vote and not check the thread until the night phase, so they wouldn't have changed. But we would have done anything to get 6 votes on someone that wasn't us.

Also, lol @ all the neutral observers pointing out that they knew who some of the Death Eaters were after the game is over and all the roles were revealed. No one cares and no one's impressed.

17. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Indeed. I had my money on Ashaya, but that was more out of spite than anything else. If all you guys were so sure about who was it, then why didn't you tell the Order members and the wizards in PM? :awesome

18. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

That would've been counted as cheating, wouldn it?

19. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

It's only cheating if you get caught, and you weren't even playing. :awesome

20. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Well you kinda gaved the answer to your own question. It's not my game and in a way I would be ruining the game, regardless whether said person gets caught or not.