1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

You mean this scene?
    That is not Rosier questioning Harry's skill, that is Rosier questioning Harry's resolve, and it is clear that he got the response he wanted.

No, I don't think the duel changed Rosier's mind, at least not with Harry.

The duel is a continuance of what Rosier has been pushing Harry towards, I agree on that. If I am not mistaken, the pain curse was something that wasn't even on the list Rosier gave him.

2. Rook

Rook Squib

Have the grades for the previous term already mentioned?

and can anyone explain this scene to me,

I'd really appreciate it.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Kosarev is not allowed to help the Durmstrang champion with their Tournament challenges.

So long as Harry frames his questions about the challenges as though they're actually in regards to his non-existent final project, and not the Tournament, Kosarev will be able to assist him. Of course, this depends on Harry first being chosen as a Champion.

Kosarev is advising Harry to pretend to be doing a final project right up until the last task begins so that he can assist Harry with every challenge.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. Rocag

Rocag Third Year

I think Romulus has passed the "testing" phase in dealing with Harry. It seems as if he has already tested him and judged him as worthy. His actions in the previous chapters should, in my opinion, be seen as Romulus pushing Harry to be a better wizard. He knows putting an age line in Harry's way isn't going to stop him, it's just going to motivate him to learn more magic to get around it. As for the second duel I thought it could be explained as Romulus simply wanting to see how proficient Harry had become with the dark arts.

5. false morality

false morality First Year

sorry

Kinda new, sorry Ive been trying to learn so i dont get verbally assaulted like syed.

6. Paradosi

Paradosi Fourth Year

If you don't do anything monumentally stupid, you don't really have anything to worry about.

7. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Have you read syed's posts? DLP can be harsh, but he's the exception rather then the rule. It took a few weeks of him improving very little before people started getting fed up, and if he ever does, people will probably stop bitching. I don't think your posts have actually given anyone cancer, so you'll be fine unless you make an ass of yourself.

Maybe he encouraged the age limit for some other reason? Maybe he did it so that if the otters ever find out he's alive, he can say 'See? I genuinely care about your son, I tried to stop him from participating and everything. Not plotting against you.' Seems pretty unlikely, but it doesn't always have to be about testing Harry, does it?

8. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Yup, this. A good idea is to use syed as a living example of what not to do. Simply don't act retarded, and don't post retarded things. Also, decent spelling and grammar are a big plus.

Lulz, otters.

9. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

I've been reading comments about "Romulus wanted this", "Romulus wanted that", for the past few days and I can't help but think that I got completely different feel from his conversation with Karkaroff.

Really, what choice did Rosier and Highmaster have? Arguing vehemently against setting an age requirement, when undoubtedly there must have been tons of other, more serious problems when trying to bring back the triwizard tournament seems like a retarded idea.

Romulus' advice to Karkaroff seems to be more political than personal in nature.

At least that's how I read it.

10. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Are we thinking of the same story? Durmstrang's main difference is that year group doesn't necessarily mean much, and that some of their lower year students are their best. Harry is a glaring example.

11. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

... I just checked outside and as it turns out; yes, cats are indeed living with dogs, the sky is red, it's raining frogs and the oceans are swallowing the Earth whilst Atlantis is rising from the oceans, while the Sleeping God that is Harry Potter of the Wastelands of Time is rocking right the fuck on with his FUCKSLAYER, standing upon the moon amidst a sea of blood and grime and upon visceral mountains composed of semen-encrusted livers.

So yeah, he might have.

12. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

In the real world you need to make compromises. Especially so when dealing in international affairs. I know that Harry is an accomplished wizard, but really, what irrational world do you live in?

If Durmstrung feels that its in the school's best interest to have triwizard tournament commence, Harry Potter will not be put above that interest.

13. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Why would they agree (without protest) to only send their seventh-years and some of their sixth-years to Hogwarts, when a lot of their more competent students are also some of their younger? Harry isn't the only competent student below seventh year, which is what you seem to think.

14. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

Heh, did you even read what I wrote. Do you think the entire decision on whether Triwizard Tournament would allow wizards under the age of 17 or not rested simply in Romulus Rosier's hand's.

That's naivety if I've ever seen one.

You need to understand that for something as big as a tournament that was not held for hundreds of years, there must have been years of preparation. Hundreds of hours spent in meetings, discussions etc. Compromises must have been made, and we undoubtedly do not even see 5% of the picture about the entire affair. Sure winning the tournament is important for Durmstrung, but like I said, in real world compromises must be made and if you think that the entire age problem was as simple as Durmstrang not agreeing to 17 years and over rule, then we should not even be having this argument since its a waste of my time.

15. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

You're retarded, right? I never mentioned Rosier's role in the decision, I simply said that some of the younger students at Durmstrang are as competent as the higher years, and as such, the staff wouldn't take kindly to first-years through sixth-years being taken out of the running.

Also, learn to use question marks.

16. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Rosier was partially responsible for Kakaroff going along with it, at least as quickly as he did. If Kakaroff hadn't agreed, there may not have been a tournament at all, or it may have been nerfed.

17. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Yep. In fact, Rosier may have realised that the tournament wouldn't have gone ahead if Durmstrang had refused to accept the age line, and that could be why he pushed for it.

18. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

That makes perfect sense actually. Oh wait I fucking said it in the first post I made.

Consider yourself ignored.

19. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

...where, exactly? The two posts differ completely.

20. Catman

Catman DA Member

Either you want to Lukaskr to be wrong so much you've mentally handicapped yourself, or you already were.

Not open for further replies.