1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Just a note, as the story progresses, I hate Calypso more and more. It has not yet reached the point of affecting my enjoyment of the story as a whole, but at this rate, it might. I guess it's not her exactly, it's the whole situation and her relationship with Harry. If her role was a bit smaller, I'd be more than fine.
    But oh well, I suppose I had to bitch about it at some point. Make no mistake, the story is still on my top five and it gets better with each chapter. Calypso is just a small issue to me.

2. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Oddly enough, I'm forced to agree with this. I can't stand her. She's always rubbed me the wrong way, since her first appearance really, and I keep waiting on the edge of my seat for bad shit to start going down around her and her father, dragging Harry into it. It's probably the fact that she seemed so shady around Harry at the start, and didn't seem to have his best interests at heart. I'm still holding out for her in antagonistic role, perhaps if her father joins Voldemort once he returns.

I suppose it's a testament to good writing that readers actually develop feelings for the characters they read about.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'm the opposite, I think. I love Calypso as character. What people need to take into account is still just... how young they are. It's been remarkable to watch her grow into her own, to care deeply for Harry to the extent that she'd try to hide things and resist her own father, which is a far cry from how she was upon first meeting her.

She's not perfect, and there's still the chance that she could end up as one of the 'bad guys' in this story - but it's still a fun character to follow as she develops.

4. syed

syed Supermod

THere are many way Harry could be involved in the War, but we can all agree Harry would come and fight at the final battle, as well as, when he finds out or feels Nathan's death, he will want bloody vengence.

At some point we will see harry say something along the lines of "no one messes with my little brother but me."

Also, we all know that by his sixth year, Harry will Graduate.

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You make a lot of assclown assumptions, Syed. The thing that really grates though, is that you're so sure you're right. >_>

6. SeethingWells

SeethingWells Muggle

Personally, I believe that this depends on whether the human mind of Rita would change into an animal mind of her Animagus form. Iirc, Santi wrote that Occlumens can do Legilimency because of the understanding of the mind obtained from learning Occlumency. If the mind changes, then it shouldn't be possible, unless he has trained to a higher level of Legilimency.

I hope it is possible, because it would make more sense to me. If Rita's mind changes, she wouldn't understand what she is hearing or even have the same priorities.

However, this would also require eye contact, which might be hard to do since her Animagus form is tiny.

7. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Maybe this is question that's already been answered, if so I apologize.

In the last Harry noticed a burst of happiness and was about to reach for something that wasn't there, near Kakaroff's book case, what was that about?

Romulus was wearing an invisibility coat, and he's not the type to slip up and make any noise, so what made Harry reach for the book case? Is he starting to develop some sort of legilemency based ESP or perhaps sensing magic?

Or could it simply be that Romulus was transmitting to Harry?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. Catman

Catman DA Member

The most likely answer is that Harry picked up on Romulous' amusement on Kakaroff's and Harry's meeting.

9. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

See, we already know that, it was implied in the story.

My question was, what is the significance?

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

10. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You are correct. However, probably unknowingly, Syed hit a nerve. It would be incredibly awesome, at least to me, if Harry went in a rampage after whatever happened to his brother. I would enjoy that scene, cherish it even; considering the Santi would be the one to write it.

12. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That could even be what he was so infamous for. Say, Nathan is kidnapped and Harry kills 20 death eaters in the course of the escape. Brutally.

13. Torak

Torak Death Eater

When did we hit 210 pages? I swear we was at 197 2 days ago.

14. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Somewhere between Derp War One and Derp War 2: The Nazi Invasion.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Well, considering that about 200 new replies were posted in the last three-four days and just before that we did about 1000 posts in a little more than a month (compared to 3000 in about 2 years), I say this thread is speeding up. Prepare yourself for hundreds of new messages everyday.

16. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A lot of it is the fast pace of recent updates, but it's going to slow down, probably.

17. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

It is a mystery how he becomes one of the most infamous wizards of all time, but it doesn't necissarlly mean he becomes a dark lord, if you think about it Voldemort is the only dark wizard called The Dark Lord, but it very well may be a self-appointed title, considering how arrogant Voldemort truly is, even Grindlewald was never called a dark lord, even on Dumbledores' chocolate frog card, it just refrenced him to be a dark wizard, or maybe the title just goes to the most powerful dark wizard in known history, but who's to say at the end of this fic, that will be Harry. I just wish to know how he becomes such an infamous wizard, that may or may not rank up their with, Slytherin, Grindlewald and Voldemort.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  19. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

Yes i know, it felt even longer to me.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

FIXED

(Motherfucking filler)

Not open for further replies.