1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

All PMs are out.

Roles drawn:
    15 Wizards
    3 Death Eaters
    1 Dark Lord
    1 Dark Wizard
    1 Auror
    1 Warlock
    1 Sorcerer
    1 Healer
    1 Hit-Wizard

DEATH EATERS
    A Harry Potter-themed Mafia variant....​

Night and Day Phase:
    The game will begin during day. During day phases, the villagers will be able to use the thread to communicate and discuss who among them is guilty and should be Kissed. At any time a villager may submit a single vote to have another villager Kissed. When a person in Hogsmeade receives a simple majority of votes at any point in time, they are removed from play and their role is revealed. Players may rescind their vote at any time (when a majority has not been reached) and cast it for someone else (so long as it is day phase). They cannot rescind their vote after a majority is reached against one player. If a majority of votes is not reached against one player by the end of the day phase, no one is Kissed.

During the night phase, discussion in the thread is prohibited. Death Eaters can collude via PMs and can PM the Game Host the individual they want to kill. Roles (such as Healer, Investigator or Role-Blocker) may additionally be used during this time. The newly added roles of Warlock, Hit-Wizard and Dark Wizard perform their actions during the evening as well. Read below for their abilities.

At the beginning of the next day phase, if a person was killed, their name and role is identified by the Game Host and the process starts anew.

Possible Roles*
    Villagers of Hogsmeade
    Wizard or Witch (value: 1) (max: unlimited):
    Role is similar to Citizen in normal games of Mafia. Wizards or witches have no special abilities. They can vote during the day on who shall be Kissed.
    Abilities
    None​

Order Member (value: 2 or 2.5) (max: 2 or 3):
    Role is similar to Mason in normal games of Mafia. Members of the Order of the Phoenix have the ability to communicate with other Members and so are thus aware of at least one other confirmed villager.
    Abilities
    - Communication with other Order Members via PMs​

Tags in Hat
    2-Man Order of the Phoenix (value: 4)
    3-Man Order of the Phoenix (value: 7.5)

Hit-Wizard (value: 3) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Watcher in normal games of Mafia. Hit-Wizards can watch a single individual each evening phase and see if that person was visited by anyone. They are provided the names of all visitors but not the abilities used nor the visitors' exact roles. Obvious if only one person visits and the person watched is killed.
    - Can watch to see if an individual is visited during night phase​

Healer (value: 3) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Doctor in normal games of Mafia. Healers have the unique ability to target one individual for "protection" during the night phase of the game. Individuals who are being protected by a Healer cannot be killed. Healers can however be role-blocked, thus nullifying their protection powers for the evening. Healers additionally cannot target themselves for protection.
    Abilities
    - Can target one individual each evening making them invulnerable​

Warlock (value: 4) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to vigilante in normal games of mafia. The Warlock has a limited ability to target an individual and kill them during night phases. They may only do this twice during the entire game. If they are role-blocked, the attempt is still used up.
    - Can target someone to be killed (two shots)​

Auror (value: 4) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Cop or Investigator in normal games of Mafia. The Auror has the ability to investigate any of the players. During night phases, they can target a single individual to find out whether that person is guilty or not guilty. Aurors can be role-blocked, making their investigative ability useless for the evening.
    Abilities
    - Can investigate one villager each evening to see if he or she is a Death Eater​

Death Eaters of Hogsmeade (max: !> 25% of total players)
    Death Eater (value: 4.5) (max: !> 25% of total players):
    Role is similar to Mafioso in normal games of Mafia. They can communicate with other Death Eaters and are able to vote on a single villager to kill each night.
    Abilities
    - Communication with other Death Eaters via PMs
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase​

Sorcerer or Sorceress (value: 5) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Consort in normal games of Mafia. The Sorcerer or Sorceress is a role-blocker. They can target one individual each night and prevent them from using any of their abilities. Additionally, they can communicate with other Death Eaters and vote on a single villager each evening to be disposed of.
    Abilities
    - Can target one individual each evening, preventing them from using any of their abilities
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase​

Dark Lord (value: 5.5) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Godfather in normal games of Mafia. The Dark Lord is the strongest Death Eater role. If targeted for investigation during the night, the Dark Lord will appear to be a villager. If consensus on who to kill cannot be reached by the other Death Eaters, the Dark Lord can step in at the last moment (see rules) to determine a target.
    Abilities
    - Will appear as Villager when investigated by Auror
    - Cannot be killed during the evening
    - Can vote to target a villager to be killed during night phase
    - Can determine which villager to target for kill if no consensus reached​

Neutral Members of Hogsmeade
    Dark Wizard (value: 5) (max: 1):
    Role is similar to Serial Killer in normal games of Mafia. The Dark Wizard has no allegiance to either the villagers or the Death Eaters. They only win when they are the last surviving member or if only they and the Dark Lord survive (draw as neither can be killed during the evening). They can kill each evening.
    - Can kill one individual each evening
    - Cannot be killed during the evening​

*Certain roles may not be drawn for a particular game. Slots are randomly drawn and players are randomly assigned a role via the use of a generator designed for Mafia games (link: here).

General Information/Rules for TL;DR
    - During the day, everyone can post whatever accusations they like.
    - During the night, posts are prohibited (thread will likely be locked).
    - Players who cheat or violate rules will be killed and removed from play (their roles revealed).
    - Voting during the day is done as follows: Vote Player: [Player Name] without brackets. Must be in bold. Must be in this thread. It is a public vote. I will update with a tally whenever possible.
    - To rescind a vote, write Rescind Vote and then start the process anew.

Only the following (26) individuals have permission to participate in this thread: Aekiel, Ashaya, Atomicwalrus, Ayreon, Aziraphale, CrackedMind, Fenraellis, Fiat Piscis, Hashasheen, Hero of Stupidity, jwlk, KaiDASH, Kensington, Krogan, Lutris, Merrill II (HOST), mishie, MrINBN, Palindrome, ratstrub, Scrittore, Taure, Vesvius, Vira, Xiph0 and Zeitgeist.

All other individuals will have their posts deleted.

Posting is permitted in this thread until 10:00PM EST on 23 August 2011.

25 people remaining; 13 votes to feed to Dementor.

Day 1 has started.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fellow villagers! In these trying times, I beg of you all, let us keep our heads. Let us adhere to the rule of law and the workings of justice. Let no innocent man face the Dementors. Think of Sirius Black!

With that in mind, I would suggest that we all attempt to stay rational. We should be lynch-happy, certainly. We need to be to get the Death Eaters.

But we should always make our decisions on the best reasoning we have available to us. Let us not vote for reasons like "Taure made the first post, let's lynch him!". That's a silly reason, and gives no reliable indicator of a person being a Death Eater. We should always look for patterns in people's posting, and make informed decisions.

If we enact this principle from the start, I think we have a good chance of catching the Death Eaters.

3. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Taure made the first post, let's lynch him! :awesome

...But seriously, we already established last thread that there aren't going to be patterns to pick from right at
    the start. We have to bandwagon and kill someone, otherwise we won't get anywhere at all - we'd just be
    repeating the mistakes of last game, where no one dies and the villagers slowly get picked off.

4. Skeletaure

High Score:
    A lesser man than I might suggest you be lynched, Palindrome, out of self defence.

But I stick with what I said. I'm only going to support a lynching if I have a good reason to lynch that person.

Lessons are to be learnt from what we have seen other villages experience, to be sure. But let us not forget: while other villages certainly were slackers with regards to killing suspected wrongdoers, when they did start to do so, they didn't manage to get a single guilty man!

5. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This. Someone needs to die today and I doubt anyone's going to say anything particularly suspicious on the first day.

EDIT: You know, aside from the generally lulzily weird tone of everything Taure's written so far.

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Tone? I know of no tone, sir! I am but a humble wizard. I own a store that sells Potions ingredients. A small store to be sure, but I get by.

To be truthful, I have no idea what this "game" you speak of is, not do I know of any "thread".

All I know is that my cousin's village was wiped out by Death Eaters not long ago, and I would hate for the same thing to happen here.

7. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I say we listen and don't accuse anybody till the last moment. On the second day we will have the oppurtinity to accuse,besmirch or foul somebody but not yet because the darkness clouds our Sight and Judgement.

May the Force be with you young Ringbearers.

8. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Ashaya posted first last time. She was a Death Eater.
    Taure posts first and just happens to be her boyfriend.
    Lynch Him! :D

But in all seriousness, Lynching is a fundamental part of this game, and sooner or later a suspected indivual will have to be lynched. Lets not make the same mistakes as the former residents of Hogsmeades made and be indecisive. We must work together or we're all doomed.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I agree with what everyone is saying. We must lynch someone today, no matter what. We can't afford to let the Death Eaters get any kind of advantage.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I think we learnt our lesson with the last village. Waiting to lynch does nothing but give the Death Eaters more chances to kill us all.

11. Skeletaure

High Score:
    My good wizards, if we must lynch someone today, let us at least come to a interim agreement: no lynching of white people, until all non-whites are dead.

Who's with me?

(Incidentally, I just bought these lovely new white robes. I found them in the Muggle world, would you believe. The pointy hood is a bit odd, but I do find them rather comfy).

12. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm rolling at everything you post. Is obnoxious roleplay enough of a reason to lynch someone?

Ash
  13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Shouldn't it be the muggleborns you're after? I know the Zabini family are non-white and yet held in high esteem in pureblood circles.

EDIT: Yes, Palindrome. Yes it is. :p

14. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Muggleborns? Do you take me for a Death Eater, sir?

15. CrackedMind

The problem though is there are 25 people in the village, and 19 are on ourside (or 18, I don't know if warlock is neutral or Pro-Village) meaning we have about a 4/5 chance of getting it wrong.

Tread lightly my friends, for the Death Eaters are few, and we many, but fear is their greatest ally.

EDIT: no Taure, just racist :D

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ugh, another one in favour of waiting? We must act decisively if we are to get rid of the Death Eaters from our village. That means not putting off a chance to remove one of them, even if we risk killing one of our own. If anything the one to be killed will give valuable incite into who may be a Death Eater or not.

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

May I point out this post?

Pro-villagers must generally lynch in order to win. Yes, the last group also failed because they lynched the wrong people, but the two days of no Kisses (because of stalemates) were the "kiss of death" for Hogsmeade.

The Death Eaters will try to split the votes and will attempt to sow dissent through misdirection. Anybody who attempts to delay lynches is a prime suspect.

Thus, Taure and Hero of Stupidity are the two who are most suspicious in my opinion, for they both are using a supposedly rational argument against lynching. Bandwagoning is the way to win this game; the Healer and Auror are there for a reason. As long as they are not stupid people, they will protect us and lead us in the right direction.

The Warlocke will also help assassinate any "Ashayas" in this game.

Taure is off the hook, mainly because he has previously, prior to this game, established his stance that "lynching = no". However, Hero of Stupidity has no such excuse.

Since we need to lynch somebody at any rate (no day must pass with no Kisses!), I nominate that Hero of Stupidity be lynched. We can then use contextual clues from who attempts to defend him and who then dies in the Night to direct our Auror.

I also have a strong suspicion that Vira is not an ordinary Witch in this game. Until she reveals her true colours, however, we should stay clear of her. At any rate, she is somebody whom the Auror can try to investigate later.

tl;dr, we need to lynch somebody in order to get clues. I say Hero of Stupidity.

... There, I started a bandwagon. Do what you will.

18. CrackedMind

Not in favor of no Lynching, I just think we need to think things out before we do and immediately bandwagon and kill an innocent, as we villagers seem so prone to doing.

19. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I'd like to put my name out on the 'please-don't-kill-me-list".

I have nothing to hide.

I'm a Wizard, and should I be lynched, or struck down by Death Eaters, I'll prove the least damaging to the village's cause, as I play no important role.

COME AT ME, DEATH EATERS.

20. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

In the early days, an innocent is bound to die. It's inevitable.

What we need to do is kill somebody. No lynching, no clues.

Must I remind you we also have a Serial Killer on the loose? The more time we give him/her to kill unfettered, the more power we are imbuing him/her. We must lynch somebody. Split votes will prove our demise.

P.S. If anything, you seem a little suspicious. But that doesn't matter; I started a bandwagon with Hero of Stupidity, and I'll stick with it. Majority votes will save Hogsmeade.