1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Every other day, I post on IRC, "[this thread] has become so faggoted up!"

2. Torak

Torak Death Eater

How about that new chapter? Oh wait this isn't the beta team discussion thread. My bad folks back to your uhm discussion.

3. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Torak, how can one become The Santi's beta? It'd be better reading his stuff than the discussion in this thread.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

You need to win the Beta Tournament.

5. ViolentRed

ViolentRed Professor

I heard you have to wrestle a Troll!

6. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Or ya know, I've seen it. Or you're a fucking idiot like normal. It's whatever really.

7. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

Well we all aren't lucky enough to be betas for this story, besides your the one who is fubar.

8. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

You know you could just read the wba thread and not visit this thread. It would accomplish the same thing.

Never mind this is obviously crazy talk. Let's all go back to bemoaning the state of this thread as if such posts raise the quality of discussion here. I have a feeling that if you removed all of the posts talking about how horrible this thread is then a 1/4th of the posts in the thread would be deleted. Accept the thread for what it is or don't visit it.

9. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

A while ago, while this thread had a point, someone mentioned how the Goblet knew who Harry was, and if it had to be him to put it in, and so I'm desperatly trying to steer this back in e right direction with a possible theory on how it might work.

Crouch Jn confunded the Goblet into thinking that there were four schools competing, and then tore Harry's name off his homework. The Goblet knows who Harry is because it is his own wrighting and names him. So, if Krum is forced to go, he can just put a peice of paper in with Harry having wrote his name on it, and no-one would be the wiser that it was not his own name. This also would enable Krum to get out of the Tornament easily, and Dumbledore's age line wouldn't effect him because he is over seventeen. Speaking purely from memory, didn't Dumbledore ask Harry if somebody else had put his name in for him?

Just a thought.

C.J.C

10. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

CJC, I get what you are saying, but it has already been suggested. Most things have been suggested already. There are a few topics that could use more intelligent discussion. Trying to find a use for Harry's discovery in Transfiguration is probably chief among them. It is really quite useless until the next update comes out.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Calling it: Harry spends all the time trying to get his name in, fails, and his name is magically called out during Champion Select.

He looks over at Krum and sees..

[​IMG]

12. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

If you want to join Santi's beta team but can't, you can always join the omake beta team. Just signal your willingness to beta omakes and various authors will hit you up with an omake once in a while.

Hey it might not be much, but the opportunity is available.

Hope that helps.

Even though it probably doesn't.

Yea.

13. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's almost as bad as picking out random stories to read from FFN, SPO.

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm so glad you changed your name back T3t.

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Is this actually something that people are giving serious thought to? Because I had no expectation whatsoever that his discovery would have a real "use" in the story.

Sometimes science just inches along and every discovery adds a bit more to the general knowledge, allowing the next person who comes along to progress further, etc. Given that Harry's discovery was published in what appeared to be a magical research journal I just assumed he'd contributed to that knowledge base.

It doesn't need to have further use for me to feel that it's place in the story is "complete." Not that I'd be sad to see it again -- it's generally fun to see old discoveries pop up again for the plot -- but if it doesn't I wouldn't give it a second thought. The purpose was to illustrate how intuitive / smart / whatever Harry can be with magic, not to provide a trump card later (or so I felt).

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

All true, but if I remember correctly, Santi said that this discovery will be used for something in the future. That was one of the reasons why he had so much problem with writing it right.

17. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I'm thinking that he'll use it to form his own sacrifices for the earth elemental. He can transfigure whatever animal he wants and create life with the broken enchantment so that saves him the trouble of hunting down large, dangerous animals to sacrifice to make the process useful.

18. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Best theory I've read so far on this subject.

19. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

On the topic of his discovery, could he use it against his Dragon if he gets into the tournament? Transfigure boulder into a tooth, switch it with the dragon's tooth then undo transfiguration? Then the dragon chokes because, well, it'll have a boulder shoved down it's throat. At the very least it'll stop the dragon from breathing fire. But it wouldn't be enough to warrent a full fifty, meaning his brother could almost catch up to him with whatever he does.

C.J.C

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  20. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Which part of "Dragons are resistant to magic" did you not understand?

Not open for further replies.