1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by BloodRedSword, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

One Psyker to rule them all...

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Are you trying to imply that He's not Sauron? That sounds remarkably like heresy.

3. Sir Sable

Sir Sable Second Year

@Imperial Scum: "What the thick-headed fools with their broken corpse of an Emperor fail to understand is that not only can they never defeat us, but they can not hide or flee or shield themselves from the triumph of Chaos. They are finite and we are unbound, undivided. They must not err, or they fall to heresy. All who fall join our cause. Every Imperial fool who dares to open his eyes is a willing recruit. They strive merely to hold back our fury and might, and it consumes them. Thus you can see Chaos is inevitable. We lurk not only beyond their grasp and at their gates; we lurk within the darkness of their souls, on the tip of their tongues, in their tortured dreams. We are them, but freed from the shackles of ignorance. We are them, grown strong… evolved. We are them, but so much more!"

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I refer all to my sig

5. Antix_Shadows

Antix_Shadows First Year

Pleasure for pleasure's sake!

6. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

A First Person Shooter with Warhammer 40k? Sounds cool. Only downside? Probably gonna sell for $60. Not spendin' $60 on a PC game, no matter how good it is. I'm a cheapskate.

Sounds cool though.

7. Sir Sable

Sir Sable Second Year

It's a third person shooter.

8. Fiat

You're just jealous because you know that no matter what you do, you can never be an Ultramarine.

9. Sir Sable

Sir Sable Second Year

Ultramarine, like the mediocre movie based off them? I'm just green with envy.
    Why would anyone want to be an Ultramarine with troops like the Thousand Sons and World Eaters.

10. Fiat

Because you know, deep in your heart, that you want to acknowledge Marneus Calgar as your spiritual liege.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

11. Sir Sable

Sir Sable Second Year

Bah, the only being I know as my liege is the Changer of Ways.

12. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Right, the Changer of Ways whose scheme will always fail for should any one of his scheme succeeded, he would write himself out of reality?

To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation on those who refuse them.

13. Fiat

The Changer of Ways? Commissar John Fuklaw his this to say in response to that:

"BADGER CUNT DICKS!" Can you really argue with such wisdom?

14. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Ooooohhhh Chaplain quote if I'm not mistaken, I raise you a Primarch.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.

And for the xeno scum, "blessed is the mind too small for doubt".

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  15. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Are they considering it like Oblivion then? Cuz you can change to 3rd person view there, too. Sounds cool, but I'm still not payin' $60 for it.

16. Fiat

I see your Primarch and raise you a random Imperial Guardsmen. Sure, a Primarch can go around punching out Titans with his mind and breaking daemon princes over his knee, but a Guardsmen has to fight the same Titans and Daemons with nothing but a t-shirt and a flashlight.

"Enemies of the Imperium, hear me. You have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win."

17. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight.
    The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…

That is what I think of your imperial guardsmen, though we fight for his glory, the space marines will always be the last line for mankind.

18. Fiat

And the Guard will always be the first line, where a billion will die to hold the line. In the words of the immortal Ibram Gaunt: "Men of Tanith, do you want to live forever?"

19. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

So much marine wank in this thread. Which is understandable. But no love for the hivemind?

For shame.

20. Sir Sable

Sir Sable Second Year

I shall just let the words of Primarch Magnus the Red do the speaking: The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play.

If he is written out of existence, so be it. I am not one to question change.