1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I'd almost certainly say he does since unlike canon he's not a virtual muggleborn in this.

I'm pretty sure even Ron knows the tale canon and really, if it's a well known enough story for Ron to know it, there's no way Harry wouldn't have read it.

2. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

As far as I know, he does not know about them, but then again in canon, Ron Weasley isn't said to know of them, until it is needed. I think he may take it from Nathan, after all, it has been proven by Gellert, Draco, and Canon Harry that you don't need to kill to obtain mastery over it. I disagree C.J.C, after all Harry only wants to better himself as a wizard, so I think it's safe to assume he'll most likely just disarm Nathan to become it's master. Though I could be wrong.

3. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

I thought that he was trying to become a better wizard in order to help protect his family and friends. I think that his relationship with Nathan is more important to him then becoming a stronger wizard at the moment. That might change later on in the story.

4. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Neither Snape nor Nathan are in possession of the Elder Wand, nor, given the probably divergences from canon, are they likely to become its master in the future.

5. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

We are not talking about right now, have you no shred of intelligence, we are guessing what will hapen in the future.

6. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I pretty much agree that I don't think that the story will follow canon that closely to the 7th year.

7. T3t

High Score:
    You are talking nonsense. It's almost certain that there's going to be a massive deviation during or after 4th year, so drawing from canon in such specific things like who owns the Elder Wand is pointless.

8. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

On another topic, how long do you guys think Harry and Calypso will last?

9. T3t

High Score:
    I can't see another pairing working in this story. Hermione and Kira are the only other established female characters and neither would work well with Harry. Inventing another character late in the game doesn't seem likely either. I suppose it's possible that they'll break it off later, but I can't see why. Harry is supposed to be famous, not evil.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Infamous. And I don't know what this has to do with him breaking up with Calypso. Anyway, in the real world it's very unlikely (though, not impossible) that someone would stay with his first girlfriend (not to mention how old they were when they started dating) for the rest of his life. The fictional stories have their own laws, so it may happen. But let's not forget that we already saw some foreshadowing with Tonks. Anything can happen. ;)

11. Stalin's Pipe Organs

I don't know.

If you think about Calypso's minor manipulations now, think about what they'll be like when Voldemort comes back. Her father is going to have to don his death eater robes again or die, but we all know which he's going to choose. And we already know from Voldemort's POV that he intends for Harry to be a Death Eater. So I'm going to draw the natural conclusion that Calypso will try to manipulate Harry and get him on Voldemort's side.

Harry might take the mark or he might ditch Calypso feeling betrayed.

Thoughts?

Or Calypso might refuse the mark and seek the Order's protection, but I don't really see her disobeying her father so blatantly.

12. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

It depends on how much Calypso comes to care for Harry as the story goes on. If she really is in love with him (or falls in love in the future), I could see her siding against her father. If she sides with Harry, she might get herself killed for her trouble.

Either way (betrayer!Calypso or dead/comatose/etc. Calypso) would anger Harry something fierce, and might put him further down the path of being a vicious "dark" wizard.

13. T3t

High Score:
    Calypso has already shown her willingness to defy her father and she's stated outright that she's not a blood purist. I think if it came down to it, she'd fight Voldemort. Whether it would be on her own terms or with the Order, I'm not sure.

14. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Betrayer!Calypso. I can just imagine that. Reminds me of Indy!Harry catching Manipulative!Dumbledore in his schemes.

Harry would definitely go crazy...

15. false morality

false morality First Year

Lol, I wonder what he would do after she betrayed him.(besides go crazy).

16. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Who says there has to be a ship? I'm calling it now. Harry ends up alone and after the story ends we find out through WoG that the reason Harry never had a family was because he was in love with Grindelwald.

17. T3t

High Score:
    -.-'

/tooshort

18. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Pretty much this. Calypso demonstrated that she's chosen Harry over her father and his cause when she gave her "final report".

A while longer yet. We're told that Harry will learn about Calypso lying to him "years" after Harry learns occlumency.

Something happens "years later" that causes Harry to reflect back on this moment and realise that Calypso was being untruthful. It seems likely to me that he's experienced a revelation about Calypso's motives [real, imagined, or historical], and is trying to reconcile them with the girl he'd fallen in love with.

There's no guarantee that Harry and Calypso are broken up, but if they are, then this is probably Harry trying to think back to where things went wrong. Calypso may be dead at the hands of Potter's enemies, rather than the conventional break up. That'd lead to the same type of reflection.

Because this quote comes from Harry's third year, this reflecting that Harry is doing happens any time after Harry's fifth year. So, I don't think they're going to break up just yet.

19. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Yeah, either this or maybe he is teaching someone Legilimency, or maybe he's telling his kids about his years at Durmstrang. Could be anything really, and we don't even know if Calypso's motives will change if/when she becomes closer to Harry.

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    At the moment, my one and only problem with this story is Calypso herself. If it is rectified, I don't know what I'll do. Commit a corner of a my house to build a shrine to Santi or something.

By the way, I've been wondering. In your opinion, would Harry give his life to save Nathan?

Because yeah, we've seen Harry being angry at him many times, but it's usually because he's mad at him for doing something stupid, or worried for his safety.
    So, thought?

Not open for further replies.