1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Death Eaters never killed the pro-town Power Roles in their random killing.

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Looooool. Yeah, for most of the game it was "Who do you think has a power role? That guy! GOOD!" And then we killed him. That's what made me want to axe jwlk. He said something a while back that made me think he was the Hit Wizard, so we went after him. Personally I like the way that murder turned out.

And we really should have axed Fiat over Zeit, IMO.

One thing that I think the DEs could use in another game is an equivilant to the Consigiliere (I probably butchered that spelling). It's pretty much a DE aligned Auror. In my mind, they would detect if someone had a role or not.

Oh, and I was so pissed when I woke up today and found I'd been hit by the warlock. I had a four stage defense on why I couldn't possibly be a DE ready! All that goes to waste!

The town played a good game, IMO. So did the DEs, mostly. Hash drew a little too much suspicion on himself to early for my taste, and in retrospect the Taure plan was proabably a dumb move. I started to crack when my name came up, which was my downfall.

So basically, Aekiel and Palindrome played a good game!

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh, and for power roles: Kai, Azri (not even trying to spell his name when I'm this tired), and walrus never popped up on my radar until they revealed/were lynched.

And Hash got to kill the Auror personally. From what I can see, he was pretty satisfied with that, even if he got lynched right after.

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

What WAS Taure's plan? Unless it was already mentioned and I missed it I still have no idea... :p

But otherwise good game, I was surprised the DE's killed me. Although I knew I was role blocked by them.

4. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I like to think of that being my version of Renegade Cause's Voldemort versus Auror Shacklebolt. :awesome

Plus killing Fen was goddamn stress-relieving after all the fears I had of him picking DE's and Sorcerors at random and finding us.

5. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

Brilliant though I think if I'm a power role again I'd try a different strategy to stay off the DE radar too many people thought I was a DE.

6. Vesvius

I think we all figured that Taure was going to be lynched fast anyway, so we would take advantage of that. Taure would be a dick in a manner of his choosing (he choose roleplaying), one of us would lead a bandwagon against him, and that one of us would become practically bulletproof.

Then we got rats instead, and Aekiel's quick attempt turned against him in the end. So, yeah... plan failed.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I half-jokingly complained to Merrill in a reply-PM that the flavor text should have had me putting up at least some resistance, rather than simply standing there in horror.

8. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

To be fair, if the personification of all evil showed up in my house, I'd shit my pants in abject horror.

Dark Lord Hashasheen, the UK's greatest middle eastern terrorist. :awesome

9. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

What I posted in the other thread applies here, as well:

If you are a Death Eater, should you be coordinating in IRC? Absolutely not. Coordinating during any time that isn't the night phase? Absolutely not. That is the challenge of this game. To coordinate the evening prior a means of attack and to execute it the next day. That is where this game gets its challenge. Should the Auror or the specific roles be PMing each other and discussing who is innocent and who to target? Coordinating against non-IRC people through IRC? Oh, we should gang up on so and so. No, you should not be doing that.

You should gain some maturity, play the game as it was meant to be played and state your suspicions in the thread. If you cannot do this, don't fucking sign up. I am tired of seeing the bandwagons start in IRC. And I'm tired of people urging people to vote a certain way in IRC. That is bullshit. It will stop.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  10. Vesvius

Wait, bandwagons were started in IRC?

Is that what got me?

If so, that makes me feel waaay better. I've been trying to figure out what my inital slip up was.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

HoS how dare you kill me bitch >:/

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

yay town wins.

Here are my notes for now

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/haRw8TydSwjA

DE's could have won if hash kept hidden (but i would have recommended hash be warlock kill 1 in that event, since it'd soft-clear Ashaya and Ayreon) and Aekiel (edit: or vesvius) had performed the kill instead (since palindrome had 0 suspision at all). Or if I was killed the night after Aziraphale died.

Atomic played warlock very well, but maybe a little too scummy =p

Fun game overall!

Look out for tinyhunt in the very near future!

13. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Can't kill the Dark Lord at night ^_^

14. KaiDASH

Yeah, letting Hash get outted by me was definitely the wrong move.

Who knows what would have happened had the WL kill bounced.

edit:

went and found the posts where I said I'd mention things after the game.

this post re: palindrome - I thought palindrome could be the warlock, so mentioning that is obviously -EV for town, no matter what the reality is.

this post - Obvious DE kill targets are the confirmed innocents Kens and Krogan. Anybody else isn't as good to hit imo.

15. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

That's not what got you this is the first I've heard of bandwagons starting in IRC.

16. KaiDASH

Not on you, but I think bandwagons occasionally got started earlier in the game via IRC.

Also I just put you in the 'lynch list' because I thought palindrome and scrittore were less guilty than you, not because I had a strong read on you as scum. But after you replied to my post the way you did, I had a strong read on you as scum =p

17. Vesvius

Lol. I just replied with a list of (from my POV) valid observations. I was serious about the tunnel vision things. To me you just saw a lot of things that weren't there.

The fact that your conclusion was totally accurate is beside the point :p.

On why we didn't send Aekiel to block Fen? We figured that the HW (Kai) would be watching everynight, so Aekiel would be sacrificing himself to block the chance that Fen would find one of the four of us that he could. Figured it wasn't worth it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Oh, and why we didn't RB Kai when Hash axed Fen? We (or at least I) had no clue who the HW was. Mainly, I suppose, because I wasn't reading into things that day as much as I should have. I completly missed your defense of the healer, so didn't think you were the HW. We picked one at random to block (I think it was Scrittore).

I figured we'd sacrifice Hash to kill both the Auror and the HW. It seemed like a good plan on paper. We didn't think Kai would come out with a bloody three stage plan of attack that would hit two of us.

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, I never did find any of you, but I guess finding confirmed innocents wasn't completely worthless, since they survived until the end.

On that note, I only joined IRC at the end, and didn't even reveal the results of my relatively unimportant last investigation(or at least who I targeted, since Scrittore seemed positive I had investigated him, when it was the Sorcerer that visited him that night), until after the victory lynch occurred.

At best, I commiserated with those online, about Krogan/Atomic not voting for Palindrome (yet), while we waited, with those that already had. No discussion of future tactics occurred as far as I can recall. I wasn't really paying full attention though. Of course, people may have discussed such things previously, as is implied, but I wasn't there when it may have happened.

Also, I agree with Vesvius, KaiDASH did quite well. Other than that, it is amusing how the Healer, Aziraphale, and Warlock, Atomic Walrus, both flew under the radar a little too much, such that they were both suspected numerous times by the townspeople. KaiDASH, I wasn't ever all that suspicious of personally.

19. Vesvius

Oh, one last thing before I go to bed.

Merrill, is there going to be another one of these? I was to win this time!

20. KaiDASH

/cue ominous laughter