1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Well at least now we'll be entertained as people rip his posts to pieces. That always made me smile.

3. Kalypso

Kalypso Second Year

Why should Harry help enter Calypso?
    Sure she's his girlfriend, but in this tournament they are competitors and if he finds a way around the age line, I don't think he will just tell Calypso.

And I really hope he will find a way. It would be such a waste to have Harry on the sidelines, even if the conflict with Nathan would be great.

We have all these theories on how he will break the ward, but maybe he will just ask Viktor to enter Harrys name instead of his own. There were several instances where we had ridiculously convoluted theories only for Santi to resolve these plots easily.

4. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Fiend Fire isn't the only fire spell in existence. I was honestly expecting to find you suggesting he Imperio an older student into putting his name in the goblet.

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's not a terrible use of the Imperius curse, honestly. That age line sort of sucks balls. But... I really envision a large portion of chapter dedicated to the defeat of the age line, per ward-related magics. There's so much ward-based magic setup already (Grindelwald et al.) that I can see Harry fighting the wards the conventional way.

Also...

Syed. :facepalm

6. Boo

Boo Auror

Except Dumbledore lowered the Ward around the Great Hall.
    All these theories about how Harry will enter his name:
    Polyjuice
    Imperius
    Confundus
    Krum switch entry paper
    Breaking the ward
    Animagus/Self Transfig

But heres one, Harry cant think of a way to enter his name, but Barty Crouch Jr. enters his name at the request of Voldemort

7. Everetza

Everetza Second Year

Harry isn't the boy who lived and it would look much more suspicious if Nathan and Harry were mysteriously entered than if just Nathan was. So why would Voldemort choose to enter Harry instead of/ as well as Nathan?

8. false morality

false morality First Year

This might not mean anything, but Voldemort has expressed interest in having Harry as a subordinate maybe he wants to see how far he has progressed.

9. SorrySight

SorrySight First Year

What about banishing the parchment into the goblet?
    Summoning the goblet off its stand (probably impossible)?
    extending the length of a stick/branch/whatever and drop the parchment in?
    Animating the parchment to climb into the goblet?
    Or using an earth golem?

10. colby

colby Squib

Will Barty Crouch Jr. even be able to pull off the fake Moody routine? Dumbledore knows about the Marauders' Map as of chapter 13 will he notice?

11. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Moody is not the only one Barty can impersonate.

12. colby

colby Squib

true and I will admit I hadn't considered that, kind of got fixated on the canon elements of GoF there. I am curious as to whether or not Barty Jr will be found out early with the map in play.

13. Boo

Boo Auror

Barty Jr. can impersonate Barty Sr.
    It wont show up on the map and Pettigrew should know this.

14. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Denarii Host

I decided to go back and reread the last few chapters of the fic because I felt there was something I had previously missed. In the beginning of the GoF, Harry had one of his first visions from Voldemort; it was the latter half of the first chapter where Harry witnessed the murder of Frank Bryce by Voldemort.

One of the key parts of the vision that I remember from that part in the book is Pettigrew discussing with Voldemort whose blood should be used for the ritual.

Did The Santi decide to forgo the visions for Nathan in these last few chapters, keep Harry in the dark, or something entirely different?

15. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Actually, why didn't they do this in canon? You'd have thought Barty Jr. would have been a lot more capable of imitating his own father, and trying to kidnap Mad Eye Moody is no easy feat. Barty Sr. was going to be around for the tournament and could have done anything that Moody could have. Why the hell did they use Moody then?

Anyway, all this discussion on how Harry is going to enter his name is somewhat useless. We know so little about how age lines work, you could invent a million different ways and they could all be technically correct - or at least you couldn't disprove them.

16. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Knowing about the map, it would look a little weird for Barty Crouch and Barty Crouch to be in the same room wouldn't it? Since Sr. has to be kept nearby for the polyjuice. It is safer to impersonate someone else.

17. SorrySight

SorrySight First Year

Check back to Situational Moralism. Nathan thought the vision was a nightmare.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  18. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Denarii Host

Oh, I thought that was in reference to w/e Harry was doing.

19. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

And having Barty Crouch constantly in Moody's room wasn't suspicious? Besides, no one said Sr. had to be kept at Hogwarts. Just keep some of his hair on hand, and make a trip to wherever he is once a week or whatever. I doubt Crouch was required to spend the whole year at Hogwarts for the tournament.

Although now that I think about it, impersonating him would mean that he'd have to take up all his ministry duties too. With Moody, all he had to do was teach something he knew a lot about, so that could explain it.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I just went back and read the first page and a half of this thread. Changed a bit since then! Lots of 3-4/5 ratings, admonitions to be careful because writing a new school/OCs will be hard, and general comments about how this could possibly be a good story someday.

Not open for further replies.