1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Oh goodness. We've lost Ashaya, who would have been an asset on our side.

So since roles are not revealed after death, the only way we can know for sure if Aekiel is innocent/guilty is based on whether we make another mislynch for the vigilante to act. That means the vigilante kill(s) will also serve as an indicator of whether we are lynching the right people.

A question: Can the dancer dance if he/she is killed the night itself?

The death of Ashaya has narrowed down the possible identities of witches. However, I want to wait and see what the others say before throwing anyone's name into the ring.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The dancer does not dance if they are killed that night.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, that was a fast night phase. No clue who to suspect now, so I guess I'll wait and see what other people think.

4. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Let's play a game. We'll call it "Sense and Sensibility". Shall we go around in turns and answer the following questions?

1) Why would you give Lutris lump? Why wouldn't you have given it to somebody with a weaker role (e.g. Dancer, Eager Cadet, Pope)? Was there even a rational reason behind the Lutris vote? Please explain your position behind this development.

2) What have you learnt from the first two Death Eaters games and the STAR WARS thread? What would you call the moral of the story from those past Mafia variants? Try to be pithy.

And Kai: Julie Andrews says hello. Haters will hate. 8D

P.S. Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I would have booed you for that quip =D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  5. Vira

High Score:
    Ooh, I'll play!

1) I gave Lutris lump sorely because of cuteness. I do not know which role he has or anyone else's, which is why I did not give lump to a weaker (and less-cute) role.

2) I have learned that people are stupid and lazy, and tend to disappear at a very critical moment of a game. They also will screw up as soon as you take your eyes off them for more than ten minutes. The obvious moral of those games is how scum triumphs absolutly unless KaiDASH is involved. Thus, 'protect Kai always' is the moral.

Zeit, please answer your own questions. I'd like to hear your report. :3

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Was there a post I didn't see revealing Lutris' role? Otherwise, this comes off as mildly incoherent.
    From DE, I learned that power roles tend to sound the same as scum to me and that sometimes a guy drawing connections where there are none is just a guy drawing connections where there are none. From Star Wars I learned that the Empire always loses and intentionally choosing people who haven't played Mafia before doesn't necessarily make for a game based on slow, well thought out decisions

7. Irene

What Fiat said. Lutris role has not been revealed, though zeit, I think you know very well I have came to the same conclusion as you.

But I didn't bandwagon Lutris. And, it's time I come out directly to you with the reason why I began the bandwagon on you.

Zeit, I voted for you to draw you into the public eye. You along with Lutris and Vira are the most potentially dangerous characters as witch. By bringing the focus onto you too, I can get everyone to watch both you and Lutris closely. And from what I've seen so far? Zeit, dear, you are the most suspicious. From the early conclusion on Lutris, to your direct vote on aekiel, who by this point I have concluded to be almost 80% likely to be innocent, has make you the biggest suspect besides Vira so far. I'll start on Vira later.

Of course, my deductions are most built on the role of Aekiel, so I can be entirely wrong. But I'm throwing my best shot into the ring.

From DE and star wars, I have learnt that Lutris, you and Vira are the sharpest players around. Vira is especially a big suspect that is a master at manipulating the game (See SW). As a result, Vira, I don't believe your reason of voting for Lutris just for his cute signature. It is a reason far too juvenile, too whimsical for your character. Please do not insult my intelligence by pretending otherwise.

I see that many people are prone to fallacies and misled easily by the bad guys because they don't trust their instincts enough. I hope we can avoid this for this game.

I also learnt that the bigger the idiots people seem, the more likely they are to be innocent (See minion. No offense minion). Of course, there are exceptions to the rule (See: Lungs)

Lungs. By the way you, Zeit and Vira are acting (Posting pattern following that of a trio) you are the third most likely candidate to be a witch. Also, your posting pattern resembles the person I suspect majorly as priest, making you very possibly the demon.

Conclusion: My instincts are not the best, I may not be the sharpest, you guys may pass me off as a ditzy asain girl that I might have chose to play up as and survive the game, but my suggestion is to lynch Zeitgeist first and watch Vira closely.

Please appreciate this post or at least give it some consideration. I have taken a HUGE gamble and I hope it pays off.

This may be my last vote and I may not survive the night. So please consider carefully.

Deadline Vote: Zeitgiest

Edit: Bolding my vote.

Edit 2: I would've ass-kissed you, Kai, for being the sharpest player in both DE and SW but I think you know already and I was talking about the people playing in the game itself.

Edit 3: Oops, thanks. I love you Kai.

8. KaiDASH

9. Fiat

Irene's post strikes me as either trying far, far too hard or as really bad at being scum. Not sure which to go with. As my instincts on this - that she's scum and terrible at it - are blatantly retarded, I'm going to have to go with the former possibility.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    1. I gave Lutris the lump because I wanted to see how he'd respond to it.

I got nothing. 0 read on him. That really worries me, because he could be anyone from a witch to a dancer. May we be forgiven if we lynch him or if he's killed.

2. I've learned from the first DE game that the one who points the most finger is either a role'd or a DE, as Fiat said. They generally feel safe behind their role, despite the fact that they can be lynched at any moment.

That said, the most intelligent people in DLP tend to leave their brains behind when they're in a mafia game. It's a perfect example of the people-are-sheep cynicism. We are all very intelligent people with various amounts of ability in critical thinking, writing ability, the ability to craft something as complicated as a story, the ability to code lines and lines, the ability to design nuclear rockets in some extreme cases.

Yet a small group of people in-the-know seem to be regularly overwhelming town until they make a big mistake. I'm looking at Hashaheen. *rollseyes*

The SW thread is the perfect example of this. What does Foucault say about the archaeology of history? How can we construct a Tinyhunt victory from the ashes of SW and DE1? How can we construct a Tinyhunt victory without relying on the luck of DE2?

Everyone is roled here. We're playing hardball and the kills stack hard. Someone's been crushed by an anvil, and Ashaya's been slain.

In the beginning, there will be more and more death. This is inevitable, until someone soup-fails, or the angels grow competent.

Irene suspects me, Vira and Zeitgeist.

Do you have any idea how much danger you just put the rest of us in? Instead of having random-ass targets, we've been dragged to the fore.

You better hope that we don't have a very important pro-town role.

Aside from Kai, who probably has more experience in mafia than all of us combined, and a sharp, analytic mind which I hope I'll grow at some point... there's no one I can count on to be pro-town.

Everyone is a suspect, and it becomes even harder to divine, because all of you are roled.

But for the grace of God, there's no way to know.

11. KaiDASH

fuck you. that is all.

12. Fiat

Luck, KaiDASH, same difference.

13. Vira

High Score:
    I would take that as a compliment if my actions were actually intentional. D8

I was in a whimsical mood. As said, people are reading too far into my actions. You can lynch me later if you want, but honestly, I agree with Fiat. You’re trying way to hard with that ultra long post. I’m not sure if you’re scum, but we’ll see how this goes.

Also, Lungs, trying way too hard, buddy. I call scum.

14. Fiat

Every time I've equated 'trying too hard' with 'scum,' it has ended badly.

15. Zeitgeist

Vote Player: Irene

Why, I must defend myself against those slanderous accusations. What on earth shall I do? [legasp]

All I'll say is Irene tried to give me Lump for absolutely no reason. She didn't even provide an excuse. Her actions were one of the factors which prompted me to ask what people thought of the Lump Development. Normally, I wouldn't vote so early, but I need to offer an alternative for a "Zeit Bandwagon", which is possible. xP

Everybody, calm down. Here, watch some hypnotic hip-thrusts.

:nyan: :nyan:

16. Irene

I did give you my reason, Zeitgeist. I offered you as an alternative to Lutris Bandwagon because it will draw you into the spotlight more. Whether that's valid is up for everyone else to decide independently.

17. Fiat

...This reasoning is genuinely worse than none at all.

18. Vira

High Score:
    Yeeeeeah, Zeit, people don't word things like that accidently. You have blatantly implied you know Lutris' role and there are only very few roles you can be now. <_<

19. Fiat

Saying it outright here rather than keeping it on IRC. I said it before and I'll say it again: this is anvil-droppingly suspicious. Lasers-on-sharks suspicious, even.

20. Zeitgeist

Hey, what I meant was "why didn't we discuss and made sure Lutris has a weak role" before giving him Lump. For all I know, Lutris can be anything from a Magikarp to a Gyarados. I just think we should have been very sure that he was a Magikarp before giving him the Panda.

No need to pounce on me. It was poorly worded, that's all. No slip-up of guilt. Ask Lutris. =/

Hey, remember that Klael guy from a distant, parallel world? He accidentally said that he was supporting the Republic, when he meant Empire. Didn't he turn out to be a Civilian?

Now turn your attention back to Irene's very suspicious move of nominating me for Lump. At that point, I hadn't done anything to warrant attention. No excuse, no reason provided. Just a mere "Lump Vote: Zeitgeist"

I'm momentarily disengaging from this thread because I have important things to do, but I will convey Fiat the following message. Remember our (very productive) last in DE II. That is all.