1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I'm going out on a limb here. Let's see what happens.

Vote Player: Vira

I have good reasons. Hear them later. Vote first.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Zeit: :(

You have betrayed my trust and it makes me sad.

3. Zeitgeist

I haven't betrayed your trust. Just let me try this experiment. Trust me on this. It will all work out in the end.

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm not voting based on the principle of "lol, trust me bro" and recommend that no one else does either.

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

So. Given the outcome of the last Night phase, I'm going to come out in an honest role-claim.

inb4 "OH HE'S LYING." Let's make it clear that there are only two important rules in Tinyhunt.

The first rule of Tinyhunt is that I am always the Priest.

The second rule of Tinyhunt is that I am always the Priest.

As long as we're clear.

Oh, and total TL;DR word count? 2460.

Anyway. I'll provide my notes an thoughts as the game went on, to provide reasoning as to my Checks and convince the 4 remaining townies that aren't me to lynch the Witches with extreme prejudice.

Let's start chronologically.

Day 1

The Lump bandwagon sticks to mind from Day 1. Mostly, I volunteered first to get Lump to see who would vote for themselves, and who would act suspiciously so I'd know who to check. In a nutshell, Fiat put it quite appropriately:

I thought everyone would vote for themselves, or gravitate to two or three individuals after several people threw their names in but it became clear that a majority vote was problematic. Instead, we had a bandwagon led by Vira to give me Lump. Lungs, wherever his soul may be, at least tried to nominate himself for Lump, which leads me to believe that he wasn't a Witch.

This gem of a post also lowered my suspicions of him, especially after he acknowledged his derped up ignorance of the rules and apologized. A Witch would know about their own limitations- forgetting about Soup Kills? Please. It's too obvious a ploy on a Day 1 witch hunt.

Naturally, a bandwagon for me would be advantageous to the Witches. For one, they'd have a scapegoat that people would always be suspicious of, and I'd also be a convenient source of suspicion to hide behind. Among other things, if they could convince me to vote for their convenience, it'd be very easy to steer things their way. This is why the only vote I've used is to lynch Lungs, and that was to avoid having to wait another day for the Night phase to begin.

This post by Kensington first pinged my radar. The wording is fishy for one, and his reasoning that it would 'lead to lolz' struck me as odd. I don't have a concrete rationale for suspecting Kensington at Day 1, but this sense of suspicion stuck to my mind through the rest of the game.

Next, Little Knee's post. Unfounded though my suspicion might have been, this post struck me as being odd as well. Whether it was the wording assuming that Lump ownership was a Role (although I suppose you could say it is), or the fact that her reasoning seems just as superfluous as Kens', I'm not sure. Yes, I realize that the argument anybody would make in her defense is: "But nobody has any reasonable evidence to base their decision on!". Sure, I understand that. I'm just saying her post seemed fishy to me.

Then, these gems from her, the same day:

It felt like she was trying too hard to supplant herself into a pro-Town voice, especially by parroting my "let's be cautious in voting guys" stance that carried over from SW, then trying to set a course of action for the Town.

So, as I wrote in my QuickTopic:

I wanted to either confirm or deny this argument, for Night 1. The fact that Aekiel was also Judge-lynched that day also gave me pause.
    Night 1

Anyway, Night 1. Vira was my check for the day, for starting the Lump bandwagon on me. Honestly, I wanted to check LKnee first, but Vira's actions were too suspicious to ignore. Ashaya, I assumed would be a prime target for either future lynching or a witch kill, and it turned out that she died on Night 1 anyway. So, safe call for me.

TL;DR for Day 1: Luckily, Vira checked out Innocent.

I turned my suspicions back to Little Knee, bride of Lungs (nobody's forgetting that nickname, ever, I'm sorry to say. It's damned funny though).

Day 2

So Ashaya died during the night. The Dancer danced. And Vira checked innocent.

At this stage, I was unsure of what to do in the event my suspicion about Little Knee was off. Irene trying too hard kept mucking up my reads, and then Zeitgeist started his questionnaires. I still maintain that they are useless and a load of crock, mostly because anybody could answer them in whatever way possible, so it's entirely possible and most likely that Witches would use it to confuse either the Town or the question-giver.

Zeitgeist's odd wording in his questions did make me think a bit, but I could sea the intended meaning behind his words. "…somebedy with a weaker role" = "somebody with a role on the weaker end of the spectrum".

Despite Irene trying too hard, Fiat's post again struck me as an apt description.

His next comment also made sense.

So, even though Irene was the obvious target for a Check or Lynch at that juncture, there remained more likely targets. Namely, Zeitgeist, Little Knee, and Kensington.

Zeitgeist, for obvious reasons, Little Knee, for being my first real suspect barring Vira, and Kens, for trying to marginalize and manipulate the matter at hand in this post:

Lungs troll-poem'ing and trying to woo Little Knee was the only other high point of Day 2, so i stayed relatively silent the rest of the day, the only item on the itinerary being a check on Little Knee.

Night 2

So I checked Little Knee.

Lo and behold, my suspicion was right- she checked Guilty. This led to my TL;DR from the last day. This is also proof that I am indeed the Priest. Yes, I do realize the claim can be made that I faked it as a Witch, but I hope it becomes clear to you as I outline my reasoning.

Day 3

My response with regard to my thoughts on the Lump bandwagon:

This was made in an attempt to contact the Acolyte, were they still alive. I wanted them to role-claim the Priest for me and to declare LKnee a Witch. Sadly, they were either dead or didn't get my admittedly ineffective attempts at discrete communication.

Next, this:

I honestly thought that this would get me Soup Killed last night. I used the same color to highlight Acolyte, role-claim, and Little Knee in an attempt to contact the Acolyte, as I said earlier. I thought it was too obvious, but evidently the Witches aren't as sharp as they would be with Little Knee away on exams.

The main highlight of the Day phase though, was Zeitgeist's absolute idiocy. I hope my reveal today that Little Knee is indeed a Witch throws into relief for him why I was so intent on raging against him. His thought process still confuses me, even after he explained his 'reasoning'.

Step 1: Accuse Little Knee of guilt,
    Step 2: Little Knee responds vehemently- perhaps too viciously.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: LOL HERP LITTLE KNEE IS INNOCENT DERP.

I honestly don't see it. Anyway, At this point, my suspect pool was getting smaller.

Innocent - Vira
    Most Likely Innocent (and trying too hard) - Zeitgeist, Irene
    Fishy: Lungs, Fiat
    Super fishy: Rehio, Fenraellis, Kensington
    Guilty: Little Knee

Night 3

So, I decided to check Kensington. I'm not ashamed to say that half of the decision was by luck, given Rehio's silence and Fen's fishy posts.

However, as I reread the thread, I looked back at Day 1. Rehio, despite being silent for days Two and Three, was just being Rehio, the White Knight who foolishly protected Ashaya in the original DE. I lowered his priority. Fenraellis didn't seem fishy at all on Day 1, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the time being, considering Kensington's more suspicious Day 1 posts. I outlined as much back up in the TL;DR somewhere.

Anyway, so I checked Kensington.

The result?

He was guilty.

TL;DR

So, where does that leave us?

To be honest, I'm fucking elated.

Lungs is dead from Lynch. Rehio is dead. Fenraellis is dead. Given that there's two night deaths, I'm betting on one witch kill and one vigilante kill, but that's a matter of opinion at this point.

Still, with those two dead, my suspect pool becomes radically smaller.

Given Zeitgeist's sudden and honestly out-of-the-blue lynch vote for Vira, he's gone back up my suspect list.

Me: Me!
    Confirmed Innocent - Vira
    Most Likely Innocent (lol trying too hard but I can't conclusively tell) - Irene
    Fishy: Fiat, Zeitgeist
    Confirmed Guilty: Little Knee, Kensington

Whoa, now that's a small list.

I propose that we kill the bottom two with extreme prejudice. Fiat or Irene or Zeit is the last remaining Witch, and I'll be Checking one of them tonight. Out of the three though, I suspect Fiat the most.

Let's fucking get those damn, dirty Witches.

I will dump additional Checks as they happen. If the Angels can protect me during the night, I should be able to safely provide one more Check before a Soup Kill can get me, as I'm relatively sure that no Witches have died yet to cast a Death Curse. Since Little Knee is away on exam leave and it'd be unfair to lynch her without her being here, I urge all of you to vote for Kensington tonight.

If you're still unsure and doubt that I'm the Priest, reread the posts and evidence I lined out for you. If you still doubt me after that, then you're signing your own death warrant, so good luck winning without a Checker and only 7 total remaining players. Since I'm being honest about the Priest role, that's one Soup kill guaranteed. Then the Witch NK. That cuts our number down to 5. Assuming no Witches are dead, that's an automatic Witch win tonight if we don't lynch one of them. If anybody wants to try and marginalize my argument, I urge them: Fucking TRY me.

Little Knee? Yeah, fuck that. Your outspoken and quite frankly overly expressive and vehement comments make you a fishy target to begin with. Kens? You're guilty as they come, and any argument you can try to throw at me makes little difference.

Trust me. I'm the motherfuckin' gun-totin' Priest.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Soup Kills pierce protection, just fyi.

also, wishing you were chocolate pi so hard. SO HARD

7. Fiat

Nice playing with you, Lutris. Congrats on the getting yourself killed thing, I guess.

8. Lutris

Dee. Eight.

So hard, bro. So hard.

9. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Losing Fen is a sad thing. Really, really sad. And Rehio. Who wasn't talking.

Lutris, I know I've told you and Kai that I want to marry you both, but really? That was the post to end all posts.

Okay, to be frank, I concluded Aekiel was likely the acolyte and you were likely the priest on Day 1, so at least I'm glad that part of my read didn't go wrong.

Since I believe you're the priest, I'd be fucking retarded to not trust you. As it is, I am reluctant to lynch Little Knee (We promised to be sister in arms! YOU LIED) so I'm going with Kensington.

Lynch Vote: Kensington

I'm trusting you, Lutris. Too bad that you're getting soup-killed though. By this point if anyone doesn't vote for Kens they're likely to be suspected as the remaining witch (I'm not saying they are, but yeah.)

Let's do this!

10. Fiat

Ah. Forgot to throw in my vote. My bad.

Vote Player: Kensington

11. KaiDASH

Hi guys, it'd be really cool if you use deadline votes for now or otherwise didn't lynch until kensington or LK can get a word in edgewise.

12. Lutris

Almost forgot.

Now that my death is imminent and inevitable, I urge everybody to bandwagon Kens and Little Knee first, then reason out the Witch.

In the very unlikely event that the Witches don't kill me to cast doubt on the veracity of my claims, well, we're pretty much fucked anyway.

Keep in mind that some of what I said was to throw the Witches off, although I am most assuredly not lying in regards to the guilty Check results.

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

y u ninja me bro.

Rescind Vote

Deadline Vote: Kensington

13. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Fine, kai.

Rescind Vote

I'd probably change it to a real vote as soon as either of them posts.

14. Fiat

Rescind vote

Sorry 'bout that, Kai.

15. Zeitgeist

Hold up, we cannot kill Kensington. Yes, I said it. There's a very good reason why.

As a dead Witch, Kensington will abrogate the Angels' protection on Lutris. Hence, Lutris dies, and we don't get a validation on Fiat's identity. There is one more Witch lurking among us, and the two deaths of Rehio/Fen prove this fact, for a vigilante would not have been able to make the kill unless Lungs and Aekiel were mislynched.

We need Lutris to make the final Priest-check before he dies.

I propose that we do not lynch at all tonight and allow Lutris to conduct his final investigation. We will then have a full list of Witches tomorrow.

Rescind vote

EDIT: Shit, I forgot about Soup-kills. The Angels don't protect against Soups, right? =/

If the Angels can't protect against Soup-kills, then I'll vote Kensington as well. I'll need confirmation from KaiDASH, though.

16. Fiat

You know that Lutris has no protection in the first place, right? Soupkill is unblockable, hence why we've all said our goodbyes.

Though, if you hadn't already died once, this would be a ridiculously suspicious post.

EDIT: Zeit, he says it right under Lutris' TL;DR. There's confirmation on this goddamn page.

17. KaiDASH

Zeit has a pretty big problem in that he is unable to read the game mechanics that I post.

=p

18. Fiat

And, apparently, unable to read every post on this page that's not Lutris'.

19. Zeitgeist

Guilty as charged.

However, the mechanics are complex. And yes, I've read my QT, Kai. xP

20. Fiat

Just putting my theory out there:

Zeitgeist has summoned the spirits of David Xanatos and The Batman from the Realm of Cartoon tm and is using them to plot his mafia game for him. It would provide a hilarious totally plausible explanation for his surprisingly scummy behavior thus far.