1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lesstinyhunt -A Mafia Game-

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Palindrome: I lumped myself for the lulz and because of what happened last game. LOL.

I'm glad to be back, everyone.

Reading the thread, no one really stands out to me besides Vira, but only because she's standing next to a hugeass lesbian mamoswine.

I sort of agree with Morodin - it looks far too much like a slipup... D8

/me isn't really good at this game, but he's pro-town, at least :O

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

@lungs: Your turn

-

I think dancer not dancing is a +ev thing for town! So i'm very ok with dancer not dancing.

3. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

In order:

Yes.

I don't plan on answering this for a while because...well, there are a lot of people but a few stand out above the rest. If my list doesn't prove batshit insane later, I'll post.

I'm kind of pro-lurker-lynching today. I figure, while some witches are likely steering the game or posting often, at least some are probably lurking. It's a strategy that has proved semi-effective in the past. All these people talking about going after the former prove the efficacity of this - apparently people aren't suspicious of the lurkers and if a witch was lurking they might avoid suspicion. Not the most likely possibility, but it beats lynching the priest just because he seems a little too vocal in his support for the town.

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hmm, scumlist.

I don't really have too good a read on anyone, this being my first game of Mafia. It's easy to form impressions as an outsider, but not as much when you're in the thick of the action, so to speak.

Like I said before, I'm waiting on a proper read on Ashaya. She's definitely experienced enough that we should be wary of her, and crafty to boot. Irene is looking rather shifty, but I'll give her the benefit of doubt when she says she has time constraints. Lungs makes a point of being rather... garrulous, so I'm opting to keep an eye on him for now. Again, I'll believe him when he says he has time constraints, but that doesn't remove the fact that his distinctive and open posting style make it difficult to read him well. I am a newbie in this game, however, so I won't be relying too much on my instincts.

I would have to say the single most dangerous poster at this point would be KaiDASH. No offence, Kai, you don't give me a scummy vibe at all (though like I said, that doesn't mean much) but you are still at the top of my suspicion list. You are an exceedingly competent player, and unlike the others who I could say the same about, have more or less effortlessly taken control of the thread. Your questions and probes may be valid and useful, but they are also establishing a strong precedent of people listening to, responding to and eventually looking up to you, especially the newer players. Irene is a good example of a player who is already planning to follow your lead. If you are scum, at this point the only real way the game is going to play out is to fuck over all of us.

Note that I'm not advocating lynching you (which in itself might be indicative of how the town is already coming to view you as indispensable, and further makes my point). I'm simply pointing out that for the most part, this game has a dichotomy - we have the experienced players, like you, Vira, Kensington and a couple others, and we have the newbies, like myself, Lungs (not sure if he qualifies, really?), Pyracrys, etc. Of the competent players, you have been the most prolific and active, and as a result we newbies are already beginning to view your opinions as significant and important.

So my point is twofold. One, I'll be overly suspicious of you for a bit, if only to counter my (at this point, baseless) instincts that say that you're trustworthy. Two, I'm appealing to the other players to be a little more active (old hands) and a little more discerning (noobs). We really can't afford to follow the lead of scum, and us newer players at least need some more points of view from other players to counter (or hell, even support) KaiDASH's. A strong town needs a smart town, is what I guess I am saying.

5. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Well I currently have a bit of free time due to cancelled lectures. Just read through everything quickly and will respond to a few things for Kai.

I'm happy with the way I've posted.

Scumlist: Dont really ahve one at the moment. Everyone looks pretty damn suspicious especially so early on. It doesnt help we all live in different time zones so conspicuous absences sometimes could simply be someone is asleep/work.

I am pro-lurker voting. Witches may be avoiding lurking or may not. There is no concrete way to tell but in the end a lurker does not serve a pro-town purpose. All they do is draw attention to themselves because of inaction therefore causing us as a town to focus on them - regardless of scumminess or not so this is detrimental to our cause of hunting witches.

Will post a bit more when I got more time.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

They are detrimental because they cause us to focus on them, so your solution is... to focus on them?

7. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Ladies and gentlemen. This is going to be a two thousand word tl;dr. The survival of the town depends on it. The witches are probably onto me by now, but I have made my first and last link. And now, guys, you deserve some explanation for my ‘trust list’ and whoever I am going to accuse.
    It’s also filled with swear words from my QT, so pardon me.

I am the priest.

Firstly, explanation for my weird behaviour.

Honestly, after reading my first post, I realise I made a major mistake. I a) came off as too sharp for the witches yet not sharp enough like klackerz to be an obvious choice, so they would want to kill me for night 1.
    Drome, I told you I’ll tell you my explanation, but you’re no longer here. Since, here it is.

Kai, Fen, Fiat are all witches. Only klackerz is innocent. Please, before you snort, hear my reasoning.

So it was a ploy. Oh yes, it was a ploy, witches. And you guys fell for it, letting me live(I’d imagine Fiat might have objected violently or at least tried to select me vehemently, as he would be by now, with Fen and Kai joining in.)

Lump Vote: As I established, the bandwagon for Ashaya was suspicious, especially since how Fen seemed to really wanted to avoid Lump. Gee, I wonder why. Fen is a valid reason for witch kill, sure, but, really, Fen, you made a major mistake.

However, that alone was not enough to tick off my radar. I mean, it was an easy slip of the tongue. I had a tendency to read too much. Right? Then, Kai.
    To put this in persceptive, let me quote Kai from SW1.

Now compare it to this.

As I noted in my QT
    Okay, fine, so Kai just HAPPENED to vote for Ashaya too, maybe his tolerance for idiots went way up after SW. Fair enough.

Ah oh, then Fiat, being the sweet darling he is, made a post and made everything absolutely clear.

The post in question was his first in the thread, and I’m going to draw your attention to one:

Screams “IT’S NOT ME I SWEAR”. Appearing to be a shitty attempt at him being priest. Except, you know, the real priest noticed. Me.

He, by the way, also voted for Ashaya.

Fiat, Fen, Kai, the three musketeers. Other than klackerz, the top three in
    ability in tinyhunt. They can’t all be witches, can they?

So I went for a ploy.

The one, who mind you, most of you would’ve noted as suspicious.

And hey, what do you know, it worked. It was a last ditch attempt, because witches, I need only one night, and I knew that.

And I had a last link, pondering who the fourth one is.

Klackerz’s suspicion of Pyracrys made me take notice, then
    turned him fisher.

Pyracrys, my friend. The one I took the most time to find. Now for the reason:

So then, I decided my hypothesis shall only work if Fen is a witch.

I check.

Fen is guilty.

And town, that is why I didn’t check Ashaya. I’m almost 80% certain she’s innocent and didn’t want to waste a vote.

But well, this would be a LOT more convincing if I had posted tomorrow, wouldn’t it? If I checked Fiat/Kai, I can really make a solid link.

But, the epiphany came last night, at 4am in the morning.’

First, I was rereading Kai’s post game observer’s comment for tinyhunt 1. Thanks for the tip, Kai.

The idea of a counterclaim once I post this. I wonder. But isn’t it kinda risky, doing exactly the same?

Guys, I shall copy-paste my latest QT post, this time in full. The only one in full, actually.

So…
    What do we do now?

The hopeless romantic, if what I say is true, if your partner either claimed Fiat to be priest or something, please, stand out now. I need your help. The witches can’t soup you.

My acolyte, don’t fall to the witches’ thread, don’t defend me, you’ll get souped too. You know I’m telling the truth, so just lynch Fen/Fiat/Kai/Pyracrys.

Town: Klackerz, Ashaya, Kensington, Moridin, Lungs, jas, everyone else, I can count on you guys to be reasonable. I know I’m extremely scummy looking, exactly like how I was in tinyhunt, but if you don’t believe me, well, seeing my list, you know why Town is fucked.

I didn’t check Kai because I know he is exactly the sort to have a counter plan for first night check.

If you lynch me, there is only so much I can do. I have done the best for the town. I’m getting souped tonight anyway, so don’t waste the lynch.

I was rather against pulling a lutris, but circumstances has forced my hand. Now, make your choice.

I may not be persuasive, you may think I’m jumping to conclusions too early and have lost faith in me from tinyhunt, but you guys are perceptive yourself, what do YOU see?

Know that no matter what, by night 2, whether by soup or lynch, I’d be dead.

Fen: Confirmed guilty
    Kai, Fiat, Pyracrys: Probably extremely guilty
    Vira, Ashaya, Klackerz: Very very sure you guys are completely innocent.

So, good luck without your priest, guys, I know you guys can do it.

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

LOLOLOL

I have no idea what to say to the post above me . I am laughing so hard now. I'll reply later.

I have no idea now if you are correct or you are spouting bullshit based on random details but either way
    Irene:You just owned the thread. :3

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am not talking because I don't really have anything to contribute right now. Too little information to go on, and it would be pointless to point at someone and say he looks suspicious without any reason. Once I have something concrete I will share it with the rest of the class. :)

EDIT:

I will start. I hope you don't turn out to be a witch or everyone will be after me next.

Lynch Vote: Fenraellis

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What is this...I don't even...It's four thirty in the goddamn morning so I'll write something longer later but...what?

That whole post is made of batman logic (i.e. The hair found on the crime scene was red, therefore the perpetrator was Michael J Fox) and I'm really tempted to ask what kind of crack you've been smoking.

11. KaiDASH

rescind vote

You're scum. somehow you've convinced your coven that you being your crazy self is somehow the correct thing to do in this spot. Alternatively, you are a crazypriest. Either way, keeping you alive is -ev town.

You're making all of these reasonable sounding connections that actually aren't reasonable at all once they are looked at closely.

Also, I'm innocent. So that also kind of shoots down everything EXCEPT maybe fenraellis is really a witch.

1. A priest reveal on day 2 is insane no matter what. It's just utterly inconceivable that you ARE the priest and that you've also somehow confirmed 4 witches on day 2. The only reason for this is you're a witch in an gambit to cast doubt on some high profile town players.

2. Tinyhunt is completely different from SW in so so many ways. for one, the game isn't populated by idiots who don't give a fuck. for two, the ruleset actively encourages lynching. for three, power-roles have ample room to make a claim such that they can avoid a lynch (and a NK). for three, why would I stay in the background now? In SW i felt that I wouldn't have an impact at all because of how the game was setup now, and in DE i didn't actively post and put ideas forward because I was unknown and the town was happy playing 'follow the cop'.

3. I stated my opinion on who should get lump clearly and precisely, BEFORE Ashaya was even an option. Plus I'm not going to just randomly give lump to someone (or give it to someone who doesn't explicitly say they want it) because that is -ev town.

4. You explicitly state that what you've done is a sub-optimal thing for the priest to do and but you've gone and done it anyway?? You even tell your acolyte (if you even have one) not to back you up? wtf. Like, it's just such a dumb thing to say whether you are the priest or not (if you are the priest - You don't want the acolyte to back you up??; if you aren't the priest - No acolyte will be backing you up, so stating it makes it seem less odd when nobody does)

So; in conclusion: I'm innocent, Irene is crazy!priest or a witch.

If she is the priest, then Fenraellis is a witch (because she has actually checked fenraellis). I'm implicated by day 1 reads (and things I've said that aren't even from this game), which is the height of foolishness, so her accusations on fiat and pyracrys are likely to be just as baseless. Her being priest is pretty unlikely imo.

If she isn't the priest, then she's a witch (obviously). Fenraellis may also be a witch and Irene is trying to priestjack and appear as the priest to the detective and vigilante (since if fenraellis is killed and is a witch, then irene will seem legit as priest!witch because detective will see fen as a witch, and vigilante won't get a kill). I view this world as extremely likely, and the world where she is crazy!priest very unlikely.

In all cases, I fully believe that the best option is

Vote player: Irene

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

OK Here's my reply.

Lynch Vote:KaiDASH

I think Irene is telling the truth or what she believes to be the truth. Her QT quotes clinched it for me.

So My idea lynch KaiDASH. We will find out whether if he is a witch or not depending upon the vigilante kill. If KaiDASH is not a witch, Fenreallis will most probably be vigilante killed.

After that, let's see what happen.

Also I am lynching KaiDASH because his question were kinda annoying and I didn't even read them. :p

13. Irene

I would suggest lynching Kai first too. Thanks for believing me Castiel, Klackerz.

Lynch Vote: KaiDASH I'm sorry Kai.

14. KaiDASH

Seems reasonable klackerz.

>explicitly state you don't read my posts
    >vote to lynch me
    >believe irene
    >suggest that if i'm innocent, fenraellis also be killed.

um, ok?

If i didn't think irene needed to be lynched more than you, I'd definitely be voting for you right now.

15. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Now who's not reading the post. I said that I didn't read your questions. I read all the part except your questions.

16. KaiDASH

so you don't want to actively partcipitate in my efforts to scumhunt, and you believe irene just like that?

Ok. Klackerz and irene are probably scumbuddies.

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

One other gem from irene:

Ok, she had scum-reads on me from before the game even started? Does that seem like a reasonable thing to anyone?

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Irene: Erm...okay, I am willing to believe you are no witch, but srsly?

Fen is the bad guy, you are sure of that. Regardless of how much you believe it, it doesn't change the fact that you have no solid proof against Kai.

Here is how it plays out.

a) You are priest.
    We lynch Fen, next day no vigilante kill. We believe you and also see you get soup killed.

b) You are not priest but a witch.
    We lynch Fen, next day we have a vigilante kill. Either the Vigilante figures out that you were lying and kills you or we lynch you next day.

Either scenario results in the death of one witch and one innocent.

I don't see why we should deviate from this? Considering the 4:11 Witch:Innocent ratio. it is a pretty good deal.

Now I am starting to have doubts about you.

Rescind Vote

Deadline
    Vote: Fenraellis (because I hope you are right)

I would like an explanation as to why you (and klackerz) would like to kill Kai first, when Fen is most assuredly a Witch (according to you).

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I went and read your questions and I have no idea how that will help us catch some witches. The witches will probably write what everyone else is writing. In fact let me ask you a question KaiDASH. Did your previous questions in the last day lead any results and if yes ,will you please share it with the rest of the class?

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

@Castiel:
    Did you see KaiDASH posts? He is too good at convincing players on his plausible innocence just by voting.

19. KaiDASH

Castiel:

Please account for the world in which fen actually is a witch, and irene is trying to fakeclaim priest by giving up fenraellis.

20. Irene

Castiel: If we lynch Kai and there's no vigilante kill? Kai is a witch. If we lynch Kai and we still get vigilante kill, well then I'm open to vigilante kill or Day 3 Lynching. If there's no vigilante kill, we can get Fen as another sure lynch, Castiel.

Now best case scenario: Kai is a witch, Fen is a witch, 2 witches died, you lose the priest.

Worst case: kai is innocent, I'm a witch. I get killed, you kill Klackerz. You lose Kai, but witches lose both me and Klackerz. Which is the better deal?

Of course, if you disagree, we might eventually end up lynching Fen, but for now, I want to wait for others' opinions.

Kai: I am working on a response to your long post. I'll reply soon.