1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lesstinyhunt -A Mafia Game-

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

So you don't want to lynch Fen either even if he is a witch just because, Irene will possibly be able to fakeclaim as a priest.

That's not suspicious at all.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Also if Irene doesn't end up dead in the next two days, I'll be suspicious of her as well.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Kai: Unlikely. The witches are already in minority. If that were to happen though the Acolyte could come forward (or the real priest) and we will get BOTH Irene and Fen.

We would have 2 witches dead. And whoever came forward dead.
    2 witches. 1 innocent. Pretty great deal.

klackerz: No offence but I am not even gonna bother replying to that.

Irene: My point is that Kai could be innocent, regardless of what you find in his posts the fact remains that he could be innocent. Whether you agree to die if he is innocent doesn't changes anything. If Kai in innocent and you not a witch but were flawed in your logic, we have a dead innocent and a dead Priest. An no witches down. Quite stupid really.

What I want is to CONFIRM whether you are priest or not. The only way to do that is to lynch Fen. If we lynch Kai and he is innocent DOES NOT PROVE that you are a witch, Fen being innocent however does.

Additionally, if you aren't soup or otherwise killed, check Kai tonight. And we can get two witches down (if he is guilty) this way as well.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I still find Kai suspicious,especially after his recent posts. Also let's see what the other 11 players post ad let's go from there.

Kai:You still have not replied to my question

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

In worlds where irene is a witch, trading two witches (and it remains to be seen if fen even is a witch) on day 2->3 for killing the priest, acolyte and any other roles which might need to claim to verify things (detective maybe?) is pretty good, all things considered. Since crippling town information so early in the game is just huge, and games so far have shown that town which lacks information has a very hard time winning.

Fenraellis being a witch doesn't confirm that irene is the priest, for reasons i have already clearly stated. Also, in your scenario witch!irene would 'check' me and say that I'm guilty 100% of the time. So really, irene isn't verifiable as a priest at this point at all, even if Fen happens to be a witch. And I still think witch!irene is a more likely thing than crazypriest!irene. Since I don't see a town-sided irene making this kind of gamble this early, especially after how tinyhunt 1 went.

@klackerz, I believe your question is just a way to distract people from the real issue here (Irene's claim). I will answer it AFTER all of this is sorted out.

5. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Are you retarded? Priestjacking on the second day when Fen isn't even suspected to be a witch before this and sacrificing Fen for nothing is beyond retarded for the witches. Even if they want to sacrifice they'd find someone who's sharper to priestjack me. In fact, I won't put it past you to sacrifice Fen now because shit's hit the fan. If Fen is as you said, a witch, why do you vote for me instead of him despite my possibility of being 'crazypriest'?

Klackerz: I know, but as it is the witches are extremely unlikely to kill me tonight since that's suicide.

Castiel: Your argument makes sense, but I'm too afraid of Kai's persuasive powers. As it is...

Rescind Vote

Deadline Vote: Fenraellis

I'll see what argument the others make before standard-voting.

EDIT: Kai, sorry about the suspicious before the game. I meant "Feared the possibility". I actually wanted to check you first, but I was too afraid to, so I went with checking Fen, hoping I was going to clear at least a powerful player and be completely wrong. However, I was right at least about Fen.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Kai: I still doubt that Fen would consent to being thrown to the wolves this early. I would imagine this scenario occurring if, for some reason Fen would have become suspicious to many of us and decided to help the witches' cause by dying. It just doesn't make sense right now. There are way too many tangents this step could take and I don't think a Fen/Irene Witch combo can compute that. (No offense)

Anyways, I am not sure why you wish to consider the most out of the way scenario.

Regardless, the discussion is whether to lynch you (Kai) or Fen. I am pretty sure this day won't end with Irene getting lynched unless it can be proven she is not the priest.

Also.

Rescind Vote

Lynch Vote: Fenraellis

There is no telling when I lose net access and it will be for 12 hours.

7. KaiDASH

It's you. Nobody knows what to expect from you. And crazypriest!irene is dangerous to town because you're convinced you have pinpointed a 4 person coven on day 2? Like, I don't even know how to reply to that really because (if you actually are innocent) the idea that you think a day2 reveal AS PRIEST is a good thing is just mind boggling.

Every innocent is going to say they are innocent too? Like, what am I supposed to do? 'whelp, shit. you called me a witch so i might as well roll over and let town make a huge mistake'.

Of course you were planning for day 3, but your psychic abilities let you know that the witches were totally onto you? um, ok? So what you're saying is 'if i am priest, everyone should know i am priest because ive played it really obviously'. Isn't that exactly what you used on fiat as a scumtell?

Everyone on DLP knows who the idiots are. I don't need them to derp in thread to know it's coming. And while you didn't refer to DE explicitly, the underlying implication that 'you played different and different is scummy' is there.

So, because I'm someone who didn't want lump to go to someone who didn't ask for it, and fen is someone who didn't ask for lump, we're automatically scumbuddies? You're grasping at connections that aren't even there.

lol?

because of this world:
    -
    You are a witch. Fenraellis is a witch. Lynching fenraellis will mean the vigilante does not get a kill. People will think you are really the priest. Then you get me killed tomorrow(d3) by saying you checked me and that I'm scum. Then on d4, the detective will have found out that I'm innocent and then he'll have to out to get you lynched (and maybe people won't believe him, so the real acolyte or priest needs to out as well). Also, on night 3 you get an almost risk free soup, since you're gonna get outed as scum anyway.
    -

So lynching fenraellis now doesn't give town any additional information. However, lynching YOU now gives town alot of information.

If no vigilante kill happens - You were a witch. CASE CLOSED. We'll lynch fenraellis tomorrow unless he comes up with a pretty amazing roleclaim, and continue on from there with the real priest and acolyte safely tucked away.

If a vigilante kill happens - You weren't a witch. Vigilante should kill someone they view as scummy. Fenraellis gets lynched tomorrow, and from there people evaluate if any of your other views had merit, and maybe they will lynch someone you suggested was scummy.

So you want me to be killed so as to silence me? Is that because your argument is totally baseless? I think it is.

8. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

So...that was a huge info dump. I think it is going to take a lot more time for me to digest all of that. As it is I am preparing for exams soon so I think I will take some time to study and have a fresh look at this in a few hours.

@Lutris: When is day going to end?

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Huh. Well, this is a pickle.

Deadline Vote: Fenraellis

If this is a gamble by the witches, it is a pretty risky one. I'm not too sure what to think here, but like others have said, the night actions should give us an idea as to who is telling the truth (this of course assumes that Aziraphale was a mislynch). I don't want to weigh in too much now, I'll reread this and other threads and come back with a more informed opinion. In the meantime, I'm hoping other players also put in their two cents.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I think his point was that Fen being innocent would confirm that Irene isn't the priest. If Fen is guilty, then yeah, we have no real way of knowing.

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Nope he meant what he meant. He thinks that the witches have a ploy in which both Irene and Fenreallis are witches which I think is highly implausible and Irene is trying to fakeclaim as priest by killing another witch.

There is no way that the witches are going to risk such a huge gamble. Fenreallis was not even a suspect till now

11. Moridin

I meant Castiel's point. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood, though, Castiel.

---------- Post automerged at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Plus, yeah, I agree. It's a rather risky game to play. Assuming Irene and Fen are witches, they would exchange the two of them for... what, KaiDASH? As of this point there seems to be no indication of the priest coming forward. Of course, if tonight isn't a miskill, it lends credence to Irene's theory. Then again, the only way we know if tonight is a miskill or not is if there is a vigilante kill or a detective reveal, and the former could be unreliable if Azi wasn't a mislynch while the latter would give the witches another important role to soup.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

What I mean is that the probability(plausibility?) of Irene and Fen both being witches are zero.

Either Fen is a witch or Irene is. Not both.

So we lynch Fen.

13. KaiDASH

Sure there is.

Worlds in which Fenraellis was checked night 1 and witches go into OH SHIT PANIC MODE

They're exchanging themselves for myself, and some combination of the detective, acolyte, martyr and priest. With two deep cover scum, and the detective & priest down, they will be extremely hard to find.

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

@Castiel: Discounting worlds where both irene and fenraellis are scum is silly at this stage.

14. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I've got to leave for school right now, so I don't have a lot of time to post this but I'm the Priest and Irene's screwing all of you. I checked Fen last night, he's scum, and thanks to their Occultist they decided to counterclaim while I was still trying to figure out who the next one to check was. Irene's decided to proclaim the people she's declared the most competent as scum to completely tear through any opposition.

I'll explain more once I get home, if the day isn't over by then. If it is, I'm already dead.

Rescind vote.
    Vote Player: Fenraellis.

15. Moridin

While it is unlikely, it is entirely possible (and even advantegous for the witches in certain scenarios) for Irene and Fen to both be scum.

And KaiDASH, I see your point. Hmm... I'll keep my vote unchanged for now, since it is a deadline. There's still plenty of time for others to get their input in.

---------- Post automerged at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Woah, Fiat. This just reached a whole new level.

(Also, Bold.)

16. Irene

Fiat, very nice. You know there's no way anyone can know for sure until my acolyte stands up and even then you can get one of your witches to counter-claim.

Look, guys, we've established I'm crazy. So the witches have to counter me crazily.

They have a lot of options, but I have narrowed down to three crazy options.

1) They don't soup me, I lose credibility, they claim I'm witch and lynch me. Then the detective finds out and has to come out and they can soup him too.

2) They soup me, angels protect me, I die anyway pass off as vigilante kill, spiritualist finds out, forced to claim to out them, they get soup.

3) 2+ Also, they may even night kill one of their own (Fiat since he's counterclaiming and angels might believe him) and count on angel protection/Matyr save. They have little to lose at this point, it's a crazy and unlikely plan, but if it works it'd win them the game.

At this point it's my word against his word, and he's an established pro-town player, I know, but being a lone priest gives me a lot more freedom and if you think I'm crazy and disbelieve me, there's little else I can do at this point. So... it's your choice.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the above convoluted logic (That may or may not be accurate) is inspired by KaiDASH.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  17. KaiDASH

Well, both priest claimers are saying fenraellis is scum, so lynching him today is probably best.

Rescind vote

Deadline vote: Fenraellis

Deadline vote because discussion isn't anything CLOSE to finished at this point.

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

lolol

Finally. Two players claiming for the same role.

This is getting interesting now. Fiat claims he is the priest. Irene claims she is the priest. One of them has to be a witch then.I say lynch them both. :p

But in all seriousness just when KaiDASH came up with his theory that a priest checked Feanrallis, Fiat came up with his roleclaim. That seems very suspicious.

I also think you would have protested a lot more in this post if you were truly the priest.

Anyway, we have 3 players in which two are surely witches. That's awesome.

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: Fenreallis

Since both of our priest seems to agree on this point. Now all we need is the real acolyte claim and a fake acolyte claim from one of the witches.

19. Irene

I think the only way the truth of the priest is getting anymore is if the Hopeless Romantic stands out to confirm what I've said.

Is it not true one of the witches I've accuse, I don't know which one, claims Fiat to be the priest? Heck, it might be Fiat himself, or another of the witches claiming to be acolyte.

So if the so called "priest" or "Acolyte" says that Fiat is a priest, would it not be beneficial and oh so convenient for the witches to say you should claim Acolyte for Fiat so that the "real" witches can't soup you, when in actual fact they can't soup you anyway because you're bond to one of them.

Now, the witches argument, going by Kai's likely train of thought, would be that if the "real" acolyte gets souped, you'd die too.

I'm not going to give you only one side of the story. The truth is, if you come out with the truth, and you're bound to a witch suspect, you'll die along with the witch. Are you willing to do it for the town? More importantly, do you trust your partner completely to be truthful to you? As Hopeless Romantic you are no doubt aware of the risk of choosing a witch, and you should be wary. Have you seen any signs of scumminess/He defending any of the four accused witches?

Hopeless Romantic, our success may or may not hinge on you. If you don't come out, the town will be blind in the dark and either of us might be the real priest, but no one can know for sure. I'm counting on you. The town's counting on you. Save me. Save us. And be hailed as the hero of the town. I know you are smart enough to see through your partner's lies.

20. Moridin

Are you sure you're not the Hopeless Romantic?

Seriously, a lot of fairytale trapped princess vibes there, Irene.

Sorry, I'm a bit out of it right now, but could you please be a little more clear? As it is, I don't understand your argument at all. How would the Hopeless Romantic coming out help us?