1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Tribute to Forgotten Stories

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dullahan, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

A thread to share and discuss great stories that have been lost in the massive pile of shit that fanfiction has been produced. Harry Potter is well covered (this is a Harry board after all), but a number of great fics seem to have never made it here.

Hopefully I have not put this in the wrong place (or overstepped any boundaries by making a thread about fics that have not been placed in "For Review")

Dire Fates, a crossover between Oh My Goddess and Hellblazer, is a great example. Written in 2001, this gem had me grinning the whole way through. Well written, paced, and edited, works like this deserve recognition. It starts with a quick summery of both series, so no prior knowledge of either is necessary.

Gaijin is another such work, although it is actually still going (ten years after publication). As a Sailor Moon fic with a self-insert protagonist, it sounds terrible, right? Well, it manages to be absolutely hysterical, even if you have little knowledge of Sailor Moon in general.

I'm sure fics of this quality exist, even if they are in strange categories. So, let us share our finds!

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Dude, we have a place to recommend non-Harry Potter stories here for Review. It's over here. There's a Misc. category for stories that don't fall under Naruto, Dresden, or any of the others DLPers tend to frequent.

I'd suggest you go put these up for Review to see if anyone else actually agrees with you that they're awesome, in which case they will be archived in the Library here as "good" and therefore won't be forgotten quite as easily.

I do agree that some awesome stories can get lost even with the Library, and we've had a few threads crop up that sort of discuss that. There was one not too long ago about which stories you'd pick to introduce someone new to the Fandom -- it brought out a lot of old favorites -- but I'm not really sure what point this thread would serve that the For Review / Library section for Non-HP fics can't.

3. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Self-insert becomes Spider-man. Sailor Moon becomes Venom. Sailor Uranus becomes Power Girl. He fucks Sailor Neptune. Also, Sailor Mercury versus Carnage.

Huh? Was my reaction when I got that far into it. Was tolerable for awhile, but it just got way tooout there; like most of his works.

Will check out Dire Fates, though. Been looking for a darker x-over with Ah! My Goddess.