1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Portus

Portus Heir

Kick-ass idea, but it'd be tough; gods are so cute at that age.

And for some reason, 'tough' looks like it's spelled completely wrong. Y'know how every once in a while you write or type a word and it just looks totally wrong, and you realize it's always looked just like that but inexplicably, it looks fucked up all of sudden?

Yeah, that's how 'tough' looked for a few seconds there.

2. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Procrastination brings out the worst in me. I apologize ahead of time.

The Leanansidhe calls Harry's debt due, and he is transformed into a hellhound. However, a chance encounter with a certain Temple Dog will grant Harry a new chance at freedom. And love.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you shitting me?

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

:facepalm

Totally with you until that last sentence. That's all kinds of squicky.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Harry/Mouse OTP.

The Dresden Files fandom is just so horribly short on fics centered around gay bestiality. I know the first thing I thought when Harry got his new puppy was "When is Harry gonna get around to tapping that doggy ass?"
    Just in case anyone is an idiot, that was sarcasm

6. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I made an effort to look into the DF "fandom" once.(Outside whatever is reccomended by the Glorious Dark Lord Potter)

I thought HP had a lot of slash, I even ran across a massive long rant against Jim Butcher being a homophobe for refusing to admit that Harry is canon gay.
    I really would be surprised from what little I saw before giving up in disgust if there really is a lack of gay beastiality in DF fandom.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

So Butcher is not only a racist, but also a homophobe? Didn't see that coming.

Anyway, amusing idea that I had - we all know that there were special circumstances involved in Dresden's birth, but what if there was even more to that than everyone was aware of?

At one night the angel Gabriel announced to Margaret that her son will be the Second Coming Messiah. Years later Harry was still unaware of his true heritage until he literally came back from death. Now that everyone knows his parentage, Dresden's life is quickly becoming a center of world ending events (even more than normally) and to make it worse after his miraculous resurrection Harry didn't exactly gain any new powers or awareness to help him with all these new problems he must now face.

Personally, I will not be surprised if Butcher will really take this route in his future books since Christianity is a big deal in his story. ;)

8. disposablehead

Better yet: Dresden is the antichrist. The messiah arrives on Earth to close up shop, and Dresden is the only one who can stop him.

9. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ You'd have to do something about Uriel giving Dresden aide earlier on then, though, wouldn't you? Unless he was rebelling through loopholes in the cosmic contract or otherwise aiming to fall, why would an Archangel give any aide to the Antichrist?

I really don't see the White God refusing the Messiah what must be done and helping Dresden, unless it was a "destiny" sort of thing that they had to duke it out to finalize the whole thing with the ribbon on top.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. Agayek

If memory serves, an integral part of Armageddon is the punch-up between Jesus and the Beast, which ends with the Beast and all the worlds sinners cast into the Lake of Fire.

That said, there's nothing in any prominent Christian text that says the fight needs to be fair.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hrmm. Fair point. Still seems off though. Dresden is ultimately screwed going into that fight in terms of power scale- what can he do in such a role that he hasn't already done, when his opponent has more or less the strength of the White God with no restrictions?

If this is Armageddon and all the good souls are already taken by the Rapture, Jesus has zero point in holding back any degree of restraint against his nemesis. It'd be Dresden v Dark Hallow Cowl, only worse.

To use a Supernatural analogy, Dresden would be the equivalent of Castiel against Lucifer!Sam. A wet and messy smear across several yards in about two seconds, rendering any entertainment value pretty low unless you built up the whole "Seconding Coming" over several chapters and only had the face off at the very end, giving a downer ending since our hero has just been annihilated completely through and through.

12. Agayek

I don't think the actual Rapture occurs til after the fight is done. Been a couple years since I last read Revelatioms though.

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Generally speaking, The Rapture is supposed to be the first thing to happen signaling the end-times. All the "good Christians" get spirited away, while everyone who wasn't qualified gets to go through the Tribulation.

Then again, the whole idea of The Rapture is really only accepted religious dogma among a few Protestant sects (and you won't find a single word about it in Revelations).

14. Portus

Portus Heir

Sooo... We're now saying that even God (capital G) is controlled by destiny? At some point up the chain of command, every story/mythology must come to a top dog who does whatever the fuck they want, because this passing the buck just gets tiresome after a very short while.

Ah, so The Rapture is just fanon? Not that *all* religion isn't fanon, mind you.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    The destiny in question was that Jesus would have to fight the Antichrist, so if Dresden was said Antichrist he wouldn't be allowed to die in a permanent manner and thus God, if He felt like holding to His own set of instructions for the universe, would be compelled to have his servants manipulate events to keep the Antichrist alive for the coming battle.

He could alternatively allow the Antichrist to remain dead and wham, no destiny of that nature fulfilled but there's still Lucifer to nuke, so on the events role.

If that isn't the case than why would God possibly help the Antichrist or allow His servants to do so? It makes no sense to aide the opposition of your son with his nemesis, no matter how the odds may be stacked toward your side.

16. disposablehead

Reading through LittleChicago's Broken series got this one percolating.

The Black Council is part NGE's Seele and part HP fanon's blood purity movement. The cataclysm that marks the next phase of humanity is immanent, and the Black Council knows this. They also know that magic has been weakening since the dark ages, magicians becoming fewer and less powerful, as science has gone on to destabilize the balance of the Fey courts.

We would follow either an OC or a Dresden so OOC it would be the same thing, as they work to destabilize the White council, ally with the Courts or Denarians while trying to backstab. But it would be really cool if our protagonist broke the laws of magic for the greater good, knowing their souls were being corrupted out of necessity for a magical tomorrow.

Thoughts?

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Two crossovers in one? Probably not a good idea.

18. disposablehead

Not actually Seele or anything from Harry Potter, just the general vibe. Faceless cackling evil is both overused and uninteresting, and the lines between good and bad for Dresden are a bit too sharply to be entirely believable.

The Black Council would simply be a response to the White Council's non-interventionist stance. Instead of allowing mankind's evolution to end in a dull, soulless existence, they move to guarantee magic's supremacy. If millions must die for this goal, so be it.

19. syed

syed Supermod

Righteous Man in the Valley and its author, big D
    can some one give a link.

Dont hate me for this, but has anyone concidered a vampire diaries/DF story. The vamps or were wolves, makiing a power play, trying to create for themselves a new court. Seeing as they dont need to kill to feed, could their forces deal with the bad guys.

20. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're backsliding syed. While the grammar/spelling is better, the ideas aren't as cool.