1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

GTA V

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GTA V

Thankfully, it's based in San Andreas, maybe exclusively Los Santos. I've good memories of Los Santos.

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

This trailer is awesome. It seems to be much lighter in comparison to GTA 4.

Also isn't that Tommy Vercetti's voice in the trailer?

3. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

As long as it's not more of that stupid gangsta shit. San Andreas was at its most boring during the Los Santos portions.

A family man protagonist is an interesting choice, it could either lead to some good or very bad things.

4. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

I really hope that we don't have to take some random guy that we don't care about bowling every 20 minutes. Otherwise I'm really looking forward to this. Especially because the trailer looks way more colorful than IV, no more brownish-grey.

Still keeping my hopes up that we'll get a futuristic setting in the next installment, though. GTA on Coruscant, anyone?

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not sure about Coruscant, but if you want the future, just look to GTA II :trollgrin

Anyways, this looks kick ass, and a futuristic game could be cool but I think just concept cars and weapons, maybe future drugs, no lasers and no hokey religions for god's sake though.

Family man could lead to some amazing plots and San Andreas is the best though I loved Vice City since it was the first violent and bloody game I ever played.

6. Nae

Nae The Violent

YES YES YES YES!!!

7. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Trailer looks fuckin' awesome.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hm. I wish we were going to Vice City again, maybe something akin to Burn Notice in video game form, but I suppose that was too much to hope for. Ah well.

This. Fuck CJ. I really don't like all the over-the-top nonsense shit from that game either (III and Vice City had some... I don't know, corny elements too, but I felt that it was far more egregious in San Andreas). I much prefer the more down-to-Earth route they've been taking with GTAIV and RDR recently.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

You're both HEATHENS.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The whole point of the GTA games before IV was that they were over the top comic violence where you could go around in buses and shit completely owning everything else on the road, or lobbing grenades off buildings and sniping peoples' heads off until they sent jets and helicopters after you. The fighter jet in San Andreas was hilarious fun once you got strafing runs down, and Woozie was just plain awesome. Anyone who says different is a heathen that must be burned on the molotov covered stake.

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    San Andreas was without doubt the best game in the series. Even the shit I didn't care about was cool. Fat bastard in a parachute? Awesome. Running through San Andreas as the cops chase you futily because you're an agile bastard? Awesome.

Tattoos and hairstyles? Not needed. But kinda awesome.

That's without going into the sheer coolness of the overall storyline.

12. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think 5 is the GTA that I will finally finish. The city looks so well built, the attention to detail amazed me. I want to kill a few people who don't deserve it. Plus rampaging on the bums will be nice.

:)

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What we really need is a direct sequel where you take down the protagonist from the previous GTA game (importing save games too, so that they have everything you had). Maybe better as an expansion pack.

14. Another Empty Frame

High Score:

Well I think the protag this time around looks like an older Tommy V from Vice City. would be great if you could continue on from there.

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd love to return to Tommy, although if we see Tommy again wouldn't that mean GTA V is set before San Andreas?

16. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    How do you figure Tomato?

17. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure that they said GTA IV wasn't in the same continuity as the previous three games (except for series mainstays like Lazlow I guess), so I'm willing to be that this won't be either.

Besides, Tommy ended Vice City as a Tony Montana who wasn't as psychologically fucked up and who lived. He had a mansion and mountains of cocaine, and wasn't about to drop it all on a whim. Doesn't seem to fit this guy's character, nor does it fit GTA's tradition of starting from dirt and working your way up.

18. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Think it was IGN that speculated the main character for this one is Claude. For those who don't remember Claude was in GTA 3 but did not have any speaking role. What I am curious about is just how much of the country to explore we are going to have. I know some people thought that San Andreas was too big, but I thought that was part of its charm really.

19. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

There are plenty of rumours flying around, but one I've seen pop up consistently is one about the map. Basically, Los Santos is far bigger than it used to be. In SA when you're kicked out, that first part of the map you unlock is also included. But apparently not any further - i.e. no Los Venturas and San Fierro.

Hoping it is wrong. I thought SA was only a little too big, primarily because by the time we unlocked Los Venturas it was so late in the game that I didn't really care about the location.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

But ... jetpacks, and fighter jets, and and.. flight school v_v