1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Churchey linked to the third 'Almost Recommended' thread, not this one.

I doubt there'd be a confrontation at all, really. The Ravenclaws were painted as nuisances from day one, and a nuisance isn't something that warrants an 'epic showdown'.

2. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I'd still like to see Harry kick them magically in the nuts, though.

3. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I was searching Almost Recommended for something to pass the time and came across that post. After checking Santi's FFN profile for any other fics he could have been referring to, I assumed he actually meant TBWL and decided to bring it up since we are 2/3rds through chapter 16.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'd guess that in the time since he posted that his outline for the story has changed a bit as far as "what goes where." Daphne might still have a big role somehow, but I wouldn't still expect it to be in Chapter 16 -- unless she does something that accidentally helps Harry enter the Tourney, but that seems a bit out there.

5. Aggrocrag

Aggrocrag Second Year

Actually, this may be the perfect timing for any bloodpurist!Daphne, Now that they are at Hogwarts, as a bloodpurist, she recognizes Rosier?

Ignore if this has been previously over-processed on this thread.

6. Raiko

Raiko Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Why is Calypso so set on there being no way to retrieve Harry's original memory? It seems to me there is a very obvious way for Harry to find out what really happened in that detention. He just has to get powerful enough so that he can take it back from Ivan.

Can you really see Harry letting the one person who bested and so thoroughly humiliated him go unpunished? I can easily see Harry around 6th year torturing Ivan as payback and finding out what really happened.

7. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

How is it I've been on this damn forum for nearly a year and I'm just finding this story? And only heard about it from a Len's of Sanity authors note of all things. Great story Santi, can't wait to see where you take this.

I'm curious to see what Harry's reaction will be if he does/doesn't get chosen as a champion and then seeing Nathan's name come flying out of the Goblet. Supportive, jealous, or paranoid someone's making another attempt at his life?

8. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Because you are both blind and lucky as a leprechaun. Imagine having all of it to read for the first time again ;)

To be honest I don't believe our main character will be side-lined for the tournament. Main characters seldom are. As for the reactions if he were not chosen, I suppose the jealousy would conflict heavily with his protectiveness over his brother, based on the characteristics I've seen so far.

9. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

Even with all the potential for awesomeness Harry being at Hogwarts and participating in the TWT holds, I would much rather see him fail to become a champion.

My fear is that it will either end up being a rehash of canon with a capable!Harry or if going down the path Jbern's "The Lie I've Lived" took, with new and exciting tasks, end up dragging on for far longer than it needs to.

Instead, I would like to see Harry fail at becoming a champion due to not getting past the enchantments or simply not being chosen, despite getting past them. This would be much more interesting read, especially if his twin brother was chosen as a champion.

Would he leave Hogwarts in an apoplectic rage, jealous of his brother's unwanted opportunity and return to Dumstrang with twice the dedication and resolve to succeed? Or would he stay behind to help his brother? How would he react to seeing his brothers lackluster resolve at competing, luck through all of the tasks and still come out on top?

This, I think would be by far the most interesting path the story could take.

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I agree that it could really push him over the edge into pursuing power, but at the same time, I really loved the revamped triwizard tournament in "The Lie I've Lived".

I would enjoy it no matter which direction Santi decides to take it, but I am crossing my fingers for epic triwizardry.

11. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Who else thinks that Harry is going to use that 'mud golem' for the dragon?

12. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I don't think so, possibly because of the mentioned Stigma associated with using the ritual shortcut.
    And while it seems like it could be accomplished without it, Harry can't even master it with the ritual at this point. So it feels unlikely, imo. Could be wrong though.

13. Rym

Rym Auror

Totally agree here, but tbh, I think most of Santi's readers would rage if they didn't get to see Harry compete in the tournament.

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

But he is a twin. Subdues Nathan, competes in the tournament for him, is consumed by rage when he realizes Nathan has died because of his magical contract.

15. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

We have never been told what the punishment for not competing in the tornament after your name has been called is. Also, The Santi clearly stated that Harry wishes to be the Dumstrang Champion, he would not be settling for Hogwarts, he feels it to be inferior to Dumstrang anyway.

16. silvanatri

silvanatri Second Year

Shame we have to wait so long for the next update.

As for the Goblet of Fire, i do hope Harry gets picked as a champion, though i hope the tasks are changed to make it more interesting, similar to KIP.

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Right, but what would his response be if he wasn't chosen to be the best of Durmstrang? Would he be content to sit on the sidelines and cheer on Krum? Seems like this Harry would want to prove that he was the best of Durmstrang as well, even if some goblet didn't think so. And he would prove that by competing against Krum and winning.

I don't think that's where Santi will go though.

18. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

From FF.net's reviews for the fic:

"Just so you all know, this story actually has more chapters written, only they are posted over at darklordpotter website. I'm not sure why he hasn't posted anymore over here but he is still writing so if you want to continue reading, go over to darklordpotter.net. If you can't find it there, you probably don't deserve to read it."

"Check Dark Lord Potter forums, it's up to chapter 16 there."

"http:/forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=17021 He's finished up to chapter 16 on DLP."

I can only imagine that this is his revenge for all of the ticky-tack arguments we've had over his fic.

Santi to DLP: "Pollute my thread with your crap? Imma gonna pollute your forum with FFN's crap." (no offense to the more intelligent BoyWhoLived!newbies)

19. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Argh. While I'm a member of DLP, I found FF.Net more accessible due to not needing to log in, and that each chapter can be loaded individually (as opposed to being posts in a really very long thread).

Oh well.

20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:

This implies it wasn't Santi who posted the review

Therefore this part is utter bizarre shit.

The thread (to the best of my knowledge) only got really bad after he mentioned in an A/N that the WbA was ahead of FFN

Basically, your post is bizarre shit that takes things out of context and portrays Santi as a petty vindictive ass, not cool.

Not open for further replies.