1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls V

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Okay, I like that new inventory system a lot. It looks great.

2. Kaenil

Kaenil First Year

They could do it Dungeon Defenders style, highlight an item with your mouse, then press L to 'lock' the item so it can't be sold until you unlock it. That would be pretty cool.

3. Jericho

Jericho Sixth Year

I think its pretty awesome how some of the daedric quests start.

So far I've started daedric quests by getting into a drinking contest and trying to catch a dog for a blacksmith

4. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Have to agree there; it's nice to see a bit more variety in Daedric quests than the traditional "Find shrine of X, go do Y, return to shrine of X."

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh, that explains it. I thought I'd just fucked up something in the character creation screen >_> I don't know whether Skyrim just has different placings or whether my tv is just shit, but half the hud/notifications are barely visible. I finished a quest and got a reward, but I've no idea what. Gold, I assume.

6. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I'd want an Oblivion style UI. I did like it.

7. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

So yeah... Im angry now. Im about 35 hours into the game, perhaps more and Im stuck.

I got to the part where...

I killed Grelod the Kind, and was abducted in my sleep by Astrid. She gave me my task and I cut her down instead.

Now, however, I crash everytime I leave the shack and my last three autosaves were... all in that shack. Quicksave too.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Went out and bought the game. Installing in 30 mins, been looking at mods while I wait, specifically performance mods to get the most out of my ageing GeForce 240.

In addition to the LAA mod Lutris posted, there's also this:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123

Mod which allows you to get a lot better graphics performance for the same FPS. The way they're advertising it is that you can run Skyrim at the equivalent FPS you would have got for Oblivion at any given graphics setting. It's basically magic.

(How it's possible: It's technically not a Skyrim mod, but rather a DirectX mod - one that already existed for Fallout. Bethseda wouldn't have been able to make the same changes because of contractual agreements with Microsoft, but modders can. So you get a free boost to graphics/performance. Hurrah!)

Comments on Nexus are generally good. The guy tried to further modify the .dll file and that's where some of the bad comments about the game freezing upon loading have come from. He's since reverted it back to the previous version.

ANYWAY:

Looking forward to playing. Going to base my character off Kumori from the Dresden Files. Spoiler if you haven't read Dead Beat:

Necromancer chick. So I'm going to focus on conjuration and restoration. Also on alteration, since Kumori wears robes, not armour. I'm sure destruction will get some use as well. Will go with Breton for the race as they start with higher conjuration and a conjuration spell. Also they look more human than high elves. I anticipate a challenge with having no weapons and using summoning as my primary offensive weapon. A challenge and much hilarity.

9. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

If you're still stuck you could try to tcl out of there, otherwise look for others who had the same problem, I'm pretty sure someone figured out the correct (console-)state you could set yourself so that the game considers the quest as finished.

But if you manage to revert your saves or something similar I'd seriously consider not killing her. You're missing out on one of the most amazing questlines and some brilliant characters.

I can't wait for the construction set to be released and someone to turn Babette into a possible follower. That would be so hilarious.

10. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

11. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

12. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

My new plan is to make Destruction spells free to cast. Totally within the bounds of the game, of course. I'm going to raise my enchanting skill to 100 by enchanting loot weapons before selling them. Then, using black soul gems and the upgraded perks I'll enchant some boots and gloves, as well as a helmet to have at least 27% spell cost reduction each. With some magicka regen if I can swing it. Combined with my Master's robes of destruction the spell cost reduction will be over 100%. Meaning destruction spells don't use magicka.

So unlimited destruction spells. Probably wait until I've finished all the questlines to make this happen since I don't want to break the game too early. Also, conjuration seems to be really boss. Considering making it my main skill next play through.

13. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Already done that. Spamming master level destruction spells is :awesome.

14. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Nurse outfit... seriously?!

Someone managed to make a nice customization. In the same category, if you like freckles, this is for you.

Oh, and if you like to kill children, this is for you.

That is all that caught my eye today.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  15. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

I was always annoyed by the fact they were invincible. Kind of sad, if you ask me.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What we really need now is a mod to allow children to become followers and use weapons.

INVINCIBLE CHILD ARMY GO!

17. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

Nah man, I'm leaning towards the Mudcrab army of doom :awesome

18. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Does anyone know of any youtube videos of Skyrim playthroughs? I've been watching Kilplix's run through but goddamn fuck does he suck evern to a Elder Scross noob like myself.

19. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Tobuscus is doing on, though he also sucks miserably. I think the Yogscast is doing one too. Plenty of other ones, too.

20. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't think anybody watches Tobuscus for the the professional insight he gives into the game :p

You're a long way from Imperial City. What brings you to Skyrim?

You're mother.