1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I don't think we can guarantee that the mayor will be town, because you really can't get to know enough during day one. So, I think we should pick somebody, who has played enough that we have some idea of how they play as different roles, but not somebody who is is likely to be killed right off the bat. This in my opinion rules out at least KaiDASH and Jon. I guess first I would like to hear the entire candidate list, that is which people actually want to be mayor.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I have a way we can gurantee one of the following outcomes

1. Town Mayor
    2. No Mayor

Are we interested in this?

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Edit by double post:

For futher preminarily details, it involves a roleclaim but no counterclaim is necessary, even if the person roleclaiming is fake.

I have thought really hard about this over the course of last game + this game and I think this is one of the better options we have.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I thought we can't have no mayor? According to the rules, we have to elect a mayor.

I'm a bit suspicious of your plans, but maybe if you elaborate your meaning might become clearer.

4. KaiDASH

A Mayor does get elected, yes.

5. Moridin

So... would you care to elaborate on what you meant by your two options, and what your plan is?

6. tad2103

tad2103 First Year

Mayor Vote: Sesc

---------- Post automerged at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Forgot to bold that

Mayor Vote: Sesc

7. KaiDASH

Not yet. It's early and there is still talking to be done.

Like, is the fact it involves a roleclaim an ok thing for everyone?

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Whatever d00dz

I've already Red Truthed that I'm town. I'm obviously the best choice.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Why is it that that all your plans always have this shady feel to them, Kai?

(Also, you obviously know what roleclaiming might do in this game, so I'm very much interested in how your plan works with everyone fake-claiming.)

10. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Dhulli for mayor! Y'all know my credentials already :awesome.

But if I don't get enough support, then I guess I'll have to get off my ass and analyze all of you guys' posts and figure out who's pro-town. Don't make me do that...vote for me.

11. KaiDASH

I'm being intentionally as vague as possible for *reasons*. The core of the plan (Town Mayor or No Mayor) is still true no matter what though.

As for the true-claim, I think that other than the immediately obvious (wl soulsteal), scum do not gain any advantage from this.

12. Moridin

I still don't understand what you mean by 'No Mayor', but until such time as you deem fit to reveal more, I guess we should focus on other things.

Seeing as the only real thing to do right now is elect a mayor, though, if you really think this plan is good you should probably elaborate sooner rather than later - else we're just losing daylight.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

You being this vague makes me think you want to get lynched and is acting as scummy as possible.

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

lol We have plenty of time.From now, we have 65 more hours and if no mayor is elected, day will be increased by 24hours.

So no need to worry about wasting time now.

Vote me for mayor.

14. KaiDASH

There would be No Mayor because if the person who got Mayor was not town, they would be dead.

---------- Post automerged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

double post:

become dead*

15. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Kai, just post the plan... if we don't like it we can just not go through with it >_>

Stop teasing and tell us :p

Also, I don't think i've ever actually voted for any of these mayor or extra day one things. I'll just see how it ends up.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Sorry for being late, just got back from a Physics exam. >_>

Mayor Vote: Castiel

17. KaiDASH

Someone (hopefully the real judge) roleclaims as Judge.

NOBODY COUNTERCLAIMS THIS EVEN IF THE PERSON CLAIMING JUDGE IS FAKECLAIM.

We vote to give Mayor to the person who claimed Judge, and vote 'no lynch' for today.

If it was a trueclaim, they should kill someone else. If it's a fakeclaim judge, the real judge should kill them.

End result

Trueclaim: Judge has the Mayor power and can use it n1

Fakeclaim: Lying scum is dead d1, mayor power is unused (since the earliest time that the mayor power can be used is n1).

(also the reason I didn't want to post this yet was because it kind of kills any kind of meaningful discussion we'd get out of today).

Anyway, the downsides to this is Warlock maybe has a free soulsteal if the Judge Mayor somehow reaches day 4+, and the Enchantress has a slightly easier time (but Cupid is very strong imo).

18. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

This plan does have some downsides, but it seems like a pretty strong play to me. If we go along with this plan I think we can still have a meaningful discussion and gain some information from this day. We can just keep an unofficial votecount and then the judge can kill the one who got the most votes unless there is a fakeclaiming judge, which means we get a nontown player anyway. No need to no lynch right away after the mayor vote.

19. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well, I know who I don't trust for Mayor. That said, don't vote for me as Mayor. I really don't want the responsibility.

I sure as hell won't vote for Jon or KaiDASHl, and Sesc seems almost a tad too big of a threat to be both mayor and potential scum. For now, and I exercise the right to change my vote when I'm completely sober, I'll go with Castiel. He's new, and something tells me if he's scummish there's a higher chance we can detect it.

Mayor Vote: Castiel

20. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Ok. Just read through the posts now. Looks like it is going to be another busy game. I have no real feeling for or against any of the potential mayor candidates at the moment. It is too hard to base these kinds of votes on previous games because it is almost guaranteed that their roles are different.

I do like the idea KAI put forward but this would require a lot of cooperation between all the townies. And nothing really prevents to witches or a witch and warlock from claiming and counter-claiming.

I'm happy to let the day play out a bit more before putting my vote ahead.