1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Call 0f Duty - Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I picked up a copy of MW3 today.

First, I realized that since this game uses Steam, and Steam refuses to install shit anywhere but its own directory, it meant that I needed space for a 16gb game on a hard drive with 6gb free.

Then, after over an hour of installing, I went to play it, only to encounter the update window, which says it should be finished and ready to play in a speedy 3 days 8 hours.

Foolishly, I assumed part of that long install time was it updating over Steam.

On the up side, I don't care how little has changed since MW1 or 2, because I never owned either of those. Also, I don't care how old the engine is, since it just means it will play better on my PC.

Hopefully there's good single player, though, because my connection is only (in theory) 768kbps down and 381kbps up (on ancient rural phone lines).

End of the day, I'm looking for something to shoot digital people in, to replace the original Ghost Recon, since it's looking more than a little long in the tooth.

I could really do without the wait, though... :mad:

2. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

I'm loving this game. Best CoD release since MW1.

I'm definatly more of a FfA guy myself, although Kill Confirmed is shaping up to be a really fun game mode.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Figures you're a semtex fag. :facepalm

Anyway, first impressions are that this is way easier than MW2. I dunno that that makes it necessarily better but it's certainly still fun.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Hurrrrr~ semtex and throwing knives are the shit. ;D Betty's are crap, frags are meh, don't have claymores or C4 yet and I see no point in the trophy system because I don't stick around the same place long enough to use it. o:

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Okay, thankfully the thing was lying when it said "3 days".

I played two levels of MP, and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the connection seemed to be... then I started my third level and it all went to hell, and I spent ten minutes staring at the various walls I was head-butting while I got lag-killed. :(

Fuck rural internet with a pungi stick. Looks like I really am going to have to settle for killing computers instead of people.

But, I expected that, so not a huge loss. Single player campaign was pretty cool, despite not taking long to finish on the normal difficulty.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Check out the spec ops mode. Survival is pretty fun. :3

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I definitely suggest playing MW1&2 as well, if you liked the story. I've played all three, and all for the single player. SO many people condemn the movie style narrative used to tell the story, but I personally really enjoy it. I shoot the fuck out of some people, then I watch awesome cinematics. I dunno, it just works for me.

8. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Yeah, I second that. I've done the campaigns for MW1, MW2 and Black Ops. My favorite is Black Ops. My experience was kinda weird though.

I did MW1 on the Wii, MW2 on a PC and Black Ops on X-box. On a different note, what is the best game anyone has ever gotten? Mine was 58-23 on Stadium (Black Ops map) with a MP5K rapid fire. Pretty fun.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

My best game ever was 51-1 COD4. Forget the name of the map, some small one. I got a ton of kills with both of my helicopters which helped a lot.

There was a hallway with some boxes leading to a courtyard, I hoped on a box and crouched, killed anything that came my way. I was close enough the spawn point behind me that only team mates ever came that way.

10. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

A few days ago I played against these three guys who would camp in dead ends with riot shields and well placed trophy turrets(?). As difficult as it was to kill them, it was kinda fun figuring out how the fuck you kill someone without using your guns or explosives.

I agree. In particular MW2 and especially Black Ops had my favorite story lines from the series.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I absolutely despised Black Ops. :/ I don't know why, I just hated the story so much, that I stopped about half way through, and never picked it up again.